librelist archives

« back to archive

Re: Networking_Class

Re: Networking_Class

From:
Kelvin Idakwo
Date:
2012-08-28 @ 09:20
On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Kelvin Idakwo <kelvinakuh@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi! Does Shooes come with a networking library/module to create a network
> client.
> 10x in advance!
>

Re: [shoes] Re: Networking_Class

From:
Jenna Fox
Date:
2012-08-28 @ 09:27
Hi Kelvin,

Shoes is based on Ruby, so you have access to everything in the Standard 
Library - which you can see online at http://ruby-doc.org/stdlib/ - you 
can also use RubyGems with your shoes apps which you can see a full list 
of at http://rubygems.org/

The standard library provides clients for protocols including http, ftp, 
imap, pop, smtp, and telnet, as well as open-uri - a handy way to load 
URLs as if they were files. The standard library also includes 'sockets' -
which lets you write your own TCP and UDP protocols in regular ruby code. 
RubyGems offer simple interfaces to lots of popular protocols and web 
services, like SSH, Facebook, Twitter, Google, Oauth, OpenID, and many 
more.

I hope this helps!  

—
Jenna


On Tuesday, 28 August 2012 at 7:20 PM, Kelvin Idakwo wrote:

>  
>  
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Kelvin Idakwo <kelvinakuh@gmail.com 
(mailto:kelvinakuh@gmail.com)> wrote:
> > Hi! Does Shooes come with a networking library/module to create a 
network client.
> > 10x in advance!
> >  
>  
>  
>  

Re: [shoes] Re: Networking_Class

From:
Kelvin Idakwo
Date:
2012-08-28 @ 13:11
10x Jenny!



On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Jenna Fox <a@creativepony.com> wrote:

> Hi Kelvin,
>
> Shoes is based on Ruby, so you have access to everything in the Standard
> Library - which you can see online at http://ruby-doc.org/stdlib/ - you
> can also use RubyGems with your shoes apps which you can see a full list of
> at http://rubygems.org/
>
> The standard library provides clients for protocols including http, ftp,
> imap, pop, smtp, and telnet, as well as open-uri - a handy way to load URLs
> as if they were files. The standard library also includes 'sockets' - which
> lets you write your own TCP and UDP protocols in regular ruby code.
> RubyGems offer simple interfaces to lots of popular protocols and web
> services, like SSH, Facebook, Twitter, Google, Oauth, OpenID, and many more.
>
> I hope this helps!
>
> —
> Jenna
>
> On Tuesday, 28 August 2012 at 7:20 PM, Kelvin Idakwo wrote:
>
>
>
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Kelvin Idakwo <kelvinakuh@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> Hi! Does Shooes come with a networking library/module to create a network
> client.
> 10x in advance!
>
>
>
>