librelist archives

« back to archive

[Help me] Short look at my shoes presentation for tomorrow

[Help me] Short look at my shoes presentation for tomorrow

From:
Tobias Pfeiffer
Date:
2012-07-04 @ 19:29
Hi everyone,

I'm giving a presentation about shoes tomorrow (in like 20 hours) at the 
ruby user group Berlin.
If you got some minutes I'd really appreciate it if you could have a 
look at my presentation (download links below) and point me to anything 
I missed or you feel is worthy to mention. Also please, please correct 
me if I'm wrong/inaccurate somewhere :-)

General feedback is also welcome!

odp (made with libreoffice): 
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16854702/shoes_presentation_beta.odp
pdf: http://pragtob.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/shoes_presentation_beta.pdf

I'll also upload the final presentation (thinking about adding another 
example) - you can feel free to reuse it and alter it for your purposes 
if you want to!

Cheers + Thanks,
Tobi

Re: [shoes] [Help me] Short look at my shoes presentation for tomorrow

From:
Davor
Date:
2012-07-06 @ 17:52
Tobias!

I'm working on a short tutorial/blog post on contributing to Shoes 4.
Is it okay if I share this?

---
Davor Babic

Re: [shoes] [Help me] Short look at my shoes presentation for tomorrow

From:
Tobias Pfeiffer
Date:
2012-07-06 @ 20:37
Of course! It'd be an honor, it's made for sharing!

Here is a blog post with links to the PDF and slideshare (you can 
download the slides there, slideshare messed them up a bit).

So there you go: 
http://pragtob.wordpress.com/2012/07/06/an-introduction-to-shoes/

Have fun introducing Shoes to people :-)

Shoes on!
Tobi

On 07/06/2012 07:52 PM, Davor wrote:
> Tobias!
>
> I'm working on a short tutorial/blog post on contributing to Shoes 4.
> Is it okay if I share this?
>
> ---
> Davor Babic

Re: [shoes] [Help me] Short look at my shoes presentation for tomorrow

From:
ashbb
Date:
2012-07-06 @ 23:22
Hi Tobi,

Fantastic! You are great. :)

I think it's cool and helpful to add the link (*1) on Shoes 4 Wiki page
(*2). Could you?

*1: https://pragtob.wordpress.com/2012/07/06/an-introduction-to-shoes/
*2: https://github.com/shoes/shoes4/wiki

ashbb

Re: [shoes] [Help me] Short look at my shoes presentation for tomorrow

From:
Tobias Pfeiffer
Date:
2012-07-07 @ 06:14
Will gladly do so after my examination/presentation today :-)

On 07.07.2012 01:22, ashbb wrote:
> Hi Tobi,
>
> Fantastic! You are great. :)
>
> I think it's cool and helpful to add the link (*1) on Shoes 4 Wiki 
> page (*2). Could you?
>
> *1: https://pragtob.wordpress.com/2012/07/06/an-introduction-to-shoes/
> *2: https://github.com/shoes/shoes4/wiki
>
> ashbb

Re: [shoes] [Help me] Short look at my shoes presentation for tomorrow

From:
Tobias Pfeiffer
Date:
2012-07-07 @ 12:51
done :-)

On 07.07.2012 08:14, Pfeiffer, Tobias wrote:
> Will gladly do so after my examination/presentation today :-)
>
> On 07.07.2012 01:22, ashbb wrote:
>> Hi Tobi,
>>
>> Fantastic! You are great. :)
>>
>> I think it's cool and helpful to add the link (*1) on Shoes 4 Wiki
>> page (*2). Could you?
>>
>> *1: https://pragtob.wordpress.com/2012/07/06/an-introduction-to-shoes/
>> *2: https://github.com/shoes/shoes4/wiki
>>
>> ashbb
>

Re: [shoes] [Help me] Short look at my shoes presentation for tomorrow

From:
ashbb
Date:
2012-07-07 @ 14:20
Hi Tobi,

Confirmed shoes/shoes4/wiki on Github:

- "and a talk by Tobias Pfeiffer called An Introduction to Shoes."

Cool!
Thanks,
ashbb

Re: [shoes] [Help me] Short look at my shoes presentation for tomorrow

From:
ashbb
Date:
2012-07-06 @ 23:22
Hi Davor,

> I'm working on a short tutorial/blog post on contributing to Shoes 4.
Cool!
Can't wait to see the tutorial/blog post!
Please let us know the link and add it on Shoes 4 Wiki page (
https://github.com/shoes/shoes4/wiki).

ashbb

Re: [shoes] [Help me] Short look at my shoes presentation for tomorrow

From:
Eric Watson
Date:
2012-07-04 @ 19:53
Looks great, Tobi!

Re: [shoes] [Help me] Short look at my shoes presentation for tomorrow

From:
Date:
2012-07-04 @ 20:01
could not decode message

Re: [shoes] [Help me] Short look at my shoes presentation for tomorrow

From:
David Eastman
Date:
2012-07-05 @ 16:31
Yeah, this is the right stuff.

One thing that is good to stress - no need for a display loop. That's one
of the big things about shoes; you are not programming as if to redraw the
screen each moment.

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 8:29 PM, Tobias Pfeiffer <
tobias.pfeiffer@student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm giving a presentation about shoes tomorrow (in like 20 hours) at the
> ruby user group Berlin.
> If you got some minutes I'd really appreciate it if you could have a
> look at my presentation (download links below) and point me to anything
> I missed or you feel is worthy to mention. Also please, please correct
> me if I'm wrong/inaccurate somewhere :-)
>
> General feedback is also welcome!
>
> odp (made with libreoffice):
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16854702/shoes_presentation_beta.odp
> pdf:
> http://pragtob.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/shoes_presentation_beta.pdf
>
> I'll also upload the final presentation (thinking about adding another
> example) - you can feel free to reuse it and alter it for your purposes
> if you want to!
>
> Cheers + Thanks,
> Tobi
>

Re: [shoes] [Help me] Short look at my shoes presentation for tomorrow

From:
Tobias Pfeiffer
Date:
2012-07-06 @ 20:32
Ah yeah a bit too late that didn't make it in - but thanks for the tip. 
The next time it will be in :-)

On 07/05/2012 06:31 PM, David Eastman wrote:
> Yeah, this is the right stuff.
>
> One thing that is good to stress - no need for a display loop. That's 
> one of the big things about shoes; you are not programming as if to 
> redraw the screen each moment.
>
> On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 8:29 PM, Tobias Pfeiffer 
> <tobias.pfeiffer@student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de 
> <mailto:tobias.pfeiffer@student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hi everyone,
>
>     I'm giving a presentation about shoes tomorrow (in like 20 hours)
>     at the
>     ruby user group Berlin.
>     If you got some minutes I'd really appreciate it if you could have a
>     look at my presentation (download links below) and point me to
>     anything
>     I missed or you feel is worthy to mention. Also please, please correct
>     me if I'm wrong/inaccurate somewhere :-)
>
>     General feedback is also welcome!
>
>     odp (made with libreoffice):
>     https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16854702/shoes_presentation_beta.odp
>     pdf:
>     http://pragtob.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/shoes_presentation_beta.pdf
>
>     I'll also upload the final presentation (thinking about adding another
>     example) - you can feel free to reuse it and alter it for your
>     purposes
>     if you want to!
>
>     Cheers + Thanks,
>     Tobi
>
>

Re: [shoes] [Help me] Short look at my shoes presentation for tomorrow

From:
ashbb
Date:
2012-07-05 @ 13:52
Hi Tobi,

Fantastic!!

> thinking about adding another example

There are lots of examples here:
http://vgoff.posterous.com/?search=shoes&sort=recent

Have fun with your presentation,
ashbb