librelist archives

« back to archive

Codebrawl ideas

Codebrawl ideas

From:
Steve Klabnik
Date:
2012-02-15 @ 16:56
Hey everyone!

The Codebrawl[1] guys got in touch, and they were thinking about
making contest #1 this year be a Shooooes contest! But we were trying
to come up with an idea for a theme. I wanted to ask all of you if you
had any cool ideas for an interesting contest.

1: http://codebrawl.com/

Re: [shoes] Codebrawl ideas

From:
Saurabh Bhatia
Date:
2012-02-15 @ 17:04
we can build http://nyan.cat/ in shoes , would involve sound and graphics
too

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:26 PM, Steve Klabnik <steve@steveklabnik.com>wrote:

> Hey everyone!
>
> The Codebrawl[1] guys got in touch, and they were thinking about
> making contest #1 this year be a Shooooes contest! But we were trying
> to come up with an idea for a theme. I wanted to ask all of you if you
> had any cool ideas for an interesting contest.
>
> 1: http://codebrawl.com/
>



-- 
Best Regards

Saurabh

*"If you ever wonder how to make a difference, just touch one life"
 ~Touching Lives~ **http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RrNwghfgUU*

Re: [shoes] Codebrawl ideas

From:
Victor Goff
Date:
2012-02-16 @ 08:58
Traditionally haven't they all been "Tiny Games" or game-like applications?

Re: [shoes] Codebrawl ideas

From:
ashbb
Date:
2012-02-16 @ 12:19
Hi Steve, Vic and folks,

> The Codebrawl[1] guys got in touch, and they were thinking about
> making contest #1 this year be a Shooooes contest!
OHHH, great news! Bravo!!

> But we were trying to come up with an idea for a theme. I wanted
> to ask all of you if you had any cool ideas for an interesting contest.
I love mini games.
Who are the target participants of this contest?
The following is my two cents. :)

Beginner level: Tic tac toe, Breakout, Pong, etc.
Intermediate and advanced levels: Same Game, Unblock me, etc.

Or just creat your own CLOCK.
But in this case, it may be not code-brawl but idea-brawl. :-P

Cheers,
ashbb

Re: [shoes] Codebrawl ideas

From:
ashbb
Date:
2012-02-16 @ 12:20
Hi Saurabh,

> We can build http://nyan.cat/ in shoes , would involve sound
> and graphics too
Wow, interesting site!
Thank you for the information. I'd like to try in Shoes. :)

ashbb

Re: [shoes] Codebrawl ideas

From:
Steve Klabnik
Date:
2012-02-16 @ 15:00
They haven't been games, but they could be: http://codebrawl.com/contests

They're supposed to fit into a Gist.

I like the game idea. :)

Re: [shoes] Codebrawl ideas

From:
J. Kaiden
Date:
2012-02-17 @ 01:24
awesome!

  let's show folks that Shoes is more than active - it's thriving - and
rocks hard!

  'games' seems like a good way to go...

- j



On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Steve Klabnik <steve@steveklabnik.com>wrote:

> They haven't been games, but they could be: http://codebrawl.com/contests
>
> They're supposed to fit into a Gist.
>
> I like the game idea. :)
>