librelist archives

« back to archive

Pack the latest_shoes.exe

Pack the latest_shoes.exe

From:
Jirapong Nanta
Date:
2012-01-20 @ 11:04
Hi all,
   I am really new to Shoes about 2-3 weeks only. I'm create the small
application on Policeman and i can manage to run in on Mac and Windows
already. However, I have an issue with Encoding::US_ASCII error on
common.rb with i can manual modify it on my Development box.

   Time to make a package, I also able to build *.dmg (from Mac) and *.exe
(from Windows) but the common.rb that i modified it not come along with it.
My research is that the file are in
~/.shoes/policeman/win32/latest_shoes.exe . I believe this file is
executable compress file because i can use 7zip to extract it.

   So, How can i modify code in this file? since It is very difficult to me
to build Shoes from source code at this point.

Thank you very much,
-Jirapong

Re: [shoes] Pack the latest_shoes.exe

From:
ashbb
Date:
2012-01-22 @ 01:39
Hi Jirapong,

> My research is that the file are in
~/.shoes/policeman/win32/latest_shoes.exe .
> I believe this file is executable compress file because i can use 7zip to
> extract it.
Yes, you are right.

> So, How can i modify code in this file? since It is very difficult to me
to
> build Shoes from source code at this point.
Umm,...

Do you mean that you want to patch the binary file (latest_shoes.exe)?

I don't know the way...

After executing(installing) latest_shoes.exe, you can replace the file
(common.rb) by hand. But, this is not what you want to do...

Sorry for not being to help you,
ashbb

Re: [shoes] Pack the latest_shoes.exe

From:
Jirapong Nanta
Date:
2012-01-22 @ 04:52
Hi ashbb,
   Thank you very much. I managed to use monkey patch
https://github.com/shoes/shoes/issues/163#issuecomment-3594354

Best,
-Jirapong

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 8:39 AM, ashbb <ashbbb@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jirapong,
>
>
> > My research is that the file are in
> ~/.shoes/policeman/win32/latest_shoes.exe .
> > I believe this file is executable compress file because i can use 7zip
> to
> > extract it.
> Yes, you are right.
>
>
> > So, How can i modify code in this file? since It is very difficult to me
> to
> > build Shoes from source code at this point.
> Umm,...
>
> Do you mean that you want to patch the binary file (latest_shoes.exe)?
>
> I don't know the way...
>
> After executing(installing) latest_shoes.exe, you can replace the file
> (common.rb) by hand. But, this is not what you want to do...
>
> Sorry for not being to help you,
> ashbb
>
>