Policeman Packager Bug Reports
- Cecil Coupe
- 2010-08-21 @ 04:06
I tried to package a script as a binary executable, command line '$
(1) the 'download shoes if needed' option wasn't available, just include
shoes with or w/o video. Annoying.
(2) I select novideo and check Windows, OSX, Linux. The Windows exe is
downloaded and built but Shoes dies on the osx. The first time I tried
it I got an alert message about osx/shoes-novideo.dmg not available.
Presumably this a website issue (no dmg for the name that pack.rb wants)
(3) Sadly I didn't write down the error because when I tried to open the
console window I got a
> (<unknown>:3887): GLib-WARNING **: g_main_context_prepare(): main loop
already active in another thread
assertion failed: (source)
The second time I tried to package, I got the same GLib error (crash)
without the alert.
That's a thread race condition in shoes/ruby1.9.1 (triggered most likely
by the code that throws
up the alert from the bowels of the http download when a 404 happens).
(3) when I tried to package just Linux, I had the console window open. It
showed a fail to download
and I got an alert but as I tried to copy and paste it into this email,
all the windows disappeared
with the crash from the Glib error only this time I got a ruby thread dump too.
You could say the errors would go away if the website had the files expected by
pack.rb been available. On the other hand, its a good time to figure out
what is wrong.
(4) there is the larger issue about why there is no option on the splash
package binaries/ It's only available to the command line folks.