We've now officially moved to Librelist

We've now officially moved to Librelist

i5m
2010-03-05 @ 09:11
Tried to post a "we've moved" message to the Google group this morning only
to find it's been set as a archive only. I'm guessing Seth or Mental must
have done that?

We could have done with leaving a proper "we've moved" message and editing
the about page, but I think people will get the idea. I've edited the Github
wiki to point to the right place. The shoes.heroku.com website needs
updating to reflect this (Devyn?)

-----------------------
i5m.co.uk
GPG Key: 0xA18A602B

Re: [shoes] We've now officially moved to Librelist

Seth Thomas Rasmussen
2010-03-08 @ 18:56
On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 4:11 AM, i5m <i5ivem@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Tried to post a "we've moved" message to the Google group this morning only
> to find it's been set as a archive only. I'm guessing Seth or Mental must
> have done that?

Yes, somebody emailed me requesting that I do that to avoid confusion
with that group and the official list. If somebody wants to draft a
"we've moved" message and email it to me, I'll add that to the old
group.

Re: [shoes] We've now officially moved to Librelist

Simon Bohlin
2010-03-09 @ 13:10
It was me, last week :-).

The googlegroup was(is?) setup such that only manager can create pages. Is
there any group managers among us?

Text for the about and/or frontpage @

*Welcome, and see you later!*
or: We have moved! The active mail list is at librelist.

*How to join us:*
1. Send an email to   shoes@librelist.org   and in the subject line write:
2. In a minute or two you get an email. Open it and just hit Reply and Send
3. You then get a confirmation that you've joined. Congrats!

*Librelist archives:*
How to use the archive:
1. Go to *http://librelist.com/browser/*
2. Click to yellow-mark  shoes/  about halfway down
3. Click on a day in the calendar in top left to see messages from that day.

/Simon

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 7:56 PM, Seth Thomas Rasmussen <
sethrasmussen@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 4:11 AM, i5m <i5ivem@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Tried to post a "we've moved" message to the Google group this morning
> only
> > to find it's been set as a archive only. I'm guessing Seth or Mental must
> > have done that?
> Yes, somebody emailed me requesting that I do that to avoid confusion
> with that group and the official list. If somebody wants to draft a
> "we've moved" message and email it to me, I'll add that to the old
> group.

Re: [shoes] We've now officially moved to Librelist

i5m
2010-03-09 @ 13:20
Seth, Andhapp and Mental are managers and are all on this list. All are
pretty busy though. I emailed Seth with a message to put on the Google
group, but yours is better so hopefully he'll pick that up.

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Simon Bohlin <simon.bohlin@zondera.com>wrote:

> It was me, last week :-).
> The googlegroup was(is?) setup such that only manager can create pages. Is
> there any group managers among us?

Re: [shoes] We've now officially moved to Librelist

Seth Thomas Rasmussen
2010-03-09 @ 15:45
On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 8:20 AM, i5m <i5ivem@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Seth, Andhapp and Mental are managers and are all on this list. All are
> pretty busy though. I emailed Seth with a message to put on the Google
> group, but yours is better so hopefully he'll pick that up.

Got it. Thanks all.

Updating now..

Re: [shoes] We've now officially moved to Librelist

Seth Thomas Rasmussen
2010-03-09 @ 15:49
On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Seth Thomas Rasmussen
<sethrasmussen@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 8:20 AM, i5m <i5ivem@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Seth, Andhapp and Mental are managers and are all on this list. All are
>> pretty busy though. I emailed Seth with a message to put on the Google
>> group, but yours is better so hopefully he'll pick that up.
> Got it. Thanks all.
> Updating now..

Hrmph.. getting errors from Google Groups when trying to update group
settings to add a page with all the new info. Boourns.

I'll try again later..

Re: [shoes] We've now officially moved to Librelist

Seth Thomas Rasmussen
2010-03-09 @ 18:52
On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Seth Thomas Rasmussen
<sethrasmussen@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Seth Thomas Rasmussen
> <sethrasmussen@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 8:20 AM, i5m <i5ivem@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> Seth, Andhapp and Mental are managers and are all on this list. All are
>>> pretty busy though. I emailed Seth with a message to put on the Google
>>> group, but yours is better so hopefully he'll pick that up.
>> Got it. Thanks all.
>> Updating now..
> Hrmph.. getting errors from Google Groups when trying to update group
> settings to add a page with all the new info. Boourns.
> I'll try again later..

OK, the group description now points people at the Pages section which
contains the message from this thread:

Re: [shoes] We've now officially moved to Librelist

i5m
2010-03-09 @ 18:59
Seth,

Thanks. Just noticed one slight mistake. It says send mail to shoes@librelist.org
. Should be .com

Sorry I didn't spot it before.

On 9 Mar 2010, at 18:52, Seth Thomas Rasmussen
<sethrasmussen@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, the group description now points people at the Pages section which
> contains the message from this thread:
> https://groups.google.com/group/shoooes/web

Fixed

Thanks! :)

/Simon

Re: [shoes] We've now officially moved to Librelist

Anuj Dutta
2010-03-09 @ 13:34
I am not an admin anymore and I can comprehend that since I have not really
been able to spend much time in Shoes mailing list.

Anuj (andhapp)

On 9 March 2010 18:50, i5m <i5ivem@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Seth, Andhapp and Mental are managers and are all on this list. All are
> pretty busy though. I emailed Seth with a message to put on the Google
> group, but yours is better so hopefully he'll pick that up.
> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Simon Bohlin <simon.bohlin@zondera.com>wrote:
>> It was me, last week :-).
>> The googlegroup was(is?) setup such that only manager can create pages. Is
>> there any group managers among us?

Anuj DUTTA

Re: [shoes] We've now officially moved to Librelist

Devyn Cairns
2010-03-05 @ 20:18
Done.

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 1:11 AM, i5m <i5ivem@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Tried to post a "we've moved" message to the Google group this morning only
> to find it's been set as a archive only. I'm guessing Seth or Mental must
> have done that?
> We could have done with leaving a proper "we've moved" message and editing
> the about page, but I think people will get the idea. I've edited the Github
> wiki to point to the right place. The shoes.heroku.com website needs
> updating to reflect this (Devyn?)
> -----------------------