librelist archives

« back to archive

Twitter / Freenode name acquisition?

Twitter / Freenode name acquisition?

From:
Devyn Cairns
Date:
2010-10-16 @ 02:03
A while ago (well, not that long ago) someone mentioned that they were
working on getting rights to @shoesrb from Twitter, and getting op status
for #shoes on Freenode.

How's this going?

-- 
    ~devyn

Re: [shoes] Twitter / Freenode name acquisition?

From:
Scott Werner
Date:
2010-10-16 @ 02:11
If I'm not mistaken, steve has petitioned twitter for the twitter account,
and the freenode admins for the #shoes op.  Haven't heard any news on what
he has heard back yet though.
 On Oct 15, 2010 10:04 PM, "Devyn Cairns" <devyn.cairns@gmail.com> wrote:
> A while ago (well, not that long ago) someone mentioned that they were
> working on getting rights to @shoesrb from Twitter, and getting op status
> for #shoes on Freenode.
>
> How's this going?
>
> --
> ~devyn

Re: [shoes] Twitter / Freenode name acquisition?

From:
Steve Klabnik
Date:
2010-10-16 @ 17:36
That's correct, but I haven't heard back about either yet. It could
literally take a year, from what I've read, though.

Re: [shoes] Twitter / Freenode name acquisition?

From:
Devyn Cairns
Date:
2010-10-16 @ 19:22
For Freenode, too? Twitter taking a year wouldn't surprise me, but…
Freenode?

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Steve Klabnik <steve@steveklabnik.com>wrote:

> That's correct, but I haven't heard back about either yet. It could
> literally take a year, from what I've read, though.
>



-- 
    ~devyn

Re: [shoes] Twitter / Freenode name acquisition?

From:
Steve Klabnik
Date:
2010-10-17 @ 15:10
Actually, it was the Freenode one that said it'd take that long. I
can't find the link right now, but basically, they lack volunteers,
and they're really busy...

I will absolutely keep the list posted on both cases. I've yet to hear anything.

Re: [shoes] Twitter / Freenode name acquisition?

From:
Devyn Cairns
Date:
2010-10-17 @ 17:12
Wow. I very much doubt that they don't have enough time for what should be a
30 second job. But, it's their service, so…

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 8:10 AM, Steve Klabnik <steve@steveklabnik.com>wrote:

> Actually, it was the Freenode one that said it'd take that long. I
> can't find the link right now, but basically, they lack volunteers,
> and they're really busy...
>
> I will absolutely keep the list posted on both cases. I've yet to hear
> anything.
>



-- 
    ~devyn