librelist archives

« back to archive

tests are failing

tests are failing

From:
Daon, Benny
Date:
2014-01-29 @ 15:18
Hi all,
I am currently working as a contractor for a storage vendor and I found 
Ralph as I was looking for an asset management system for the lab.  Our 
lab is quite big, more than 80 racks packed with equipment and is growing 
rapidly.  We are currently using rackmonkey and its limitations  are 
really hurting us.

I've been playing with Ralph for over a month now and I like it very much.
I made a few changes<https://github.com/daonb/ralph/tree/develop>, mainly 
adding better support for complex hierarchy of devices. As I was ready  to
publish my changes I rebased my code and ran the tests only to discover 
they are failing on my branch as well as on the upstream branch.  I dug a 
bit deeper and found out the travis integration is broken and the last 
test ran about 8 months.

Please fix this as the 300+ tests we have are worthless I we don't run 
them. If you need help fixing the travis integration I'd be happy to lend 
a hand.

Thanks,

Benny

Re: [ralph] tests are failing

From:
Marcin Kliks
Date:
2014-01-29 @ 16:14
Hi Benny,

nice to hear you use Ralph in production.

Honestly, we use Buildbot (internal installation) instead of Travis every 
day, so Travis integration could be broken/updated, not tests itself.
We will fix it for you.

btw. Did you try manually to run DJANGO_SETTINGS_PROFILE=test-ralph ralph 
test ralph ?

—
Marcin Kliks
Ralph Project

Wiadomość napisana przez Daon, Benny 
<Benny.Daon@emc.com<mailto:Benny.Daon@emc.com>> w dniu 29 sty 2014, o 
godz. 16:18:

Hi all,
I am currently working as a contractor for a storage vendor and I found 
Ralph as I was looking for an asset management system for the lab.  Our 
lab is quite big, more than 80 racks packed with equipment and is growing 
rapidly.  We are currently using rackmonkey and its limitations  are 
really hurting us.

I’ve been playing with Ralph for over a month now and I like it very much.
I made a few changes<https://github.com/daonb/ralph/tree/develop>, mainly 
adding better support for complex hierarchy of devices. As I was ready  to
publish my changes I rebased my code and ran the tests only to discover 
they are failing on my branch as well as on the upstream branch.  I dug a 
bit deeper and found out the travis integration is broken and the last 
test ran about 8 months.

Please fix this as the 300+ tests we have are worthless I we don’t run 
them. If you need help fixing the travis integration I’d be happy to lend 
a hand.

Thanks,

Benny