Test mailing list
- Salem Harrache
- 2012-06-15 @ 12:48
PyVantagePro is a python project which aims to make the communication with
weather stations Davis VantagePro2 easier and funnier...i.e. more Pythonic.
The main feature of this project is to get data automatically. In order to
do so, it uses the basic methods get_archives() (to get archive data) and
get_current_data() (to get real-time data).
About configuration, it only uses gettime() and settime() because we are
assuming that stations are already configured.
*Note:* PyVantagePro uses the PyLink
<http://pypi.python.org/pypi/PyLink>lib, offers a universal
communication interface with File-Like API.
>>> from pyvantagepro import VantagePro2
>>> device = VantagePro2('tcp:host-ip:port')
>>> data = device.get_current_data()
4C 4F 4F ... 0D E6 3B
>>> data.filter(('TempIn', 'TempOut', 'SunRise', 'SunSet')).to_csv()
- Collecting real-time data as a python dictionary
- Collecting archives as a list of dictionaries
- Collecting data in a CSV file
- Updating station time
- Getting some information about the station, such as date and firmware
- Various types of connections are supported
- Comes with a command-line script
- Compatible with Python 2.6+ and 3.x
See documentation here: http://packages.python.org/PyVantagePro