librelist archives

« back to archive

May Meeting - Call for Presentations

May Meeting - Call for Presentations

From:
Chris Saunders
Date:
2011-05-04 @ 22:31
Hello Everyone,

The next meeting will be happening on the 18th of May and we are looking 
for presentations.  Looking forward to hearing back from everyone (*cough*
James *cough*).

--
CS

Re: [ottawaandroid] May Meeting - Call for Presentations

From:
James Puderer
Date:
2011-05-05 @ 17:22
*cough* Android NDK development *cough*

-- James

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Chris Saunders <c.saunders322@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> The next meeting will be happening on the 18th of May and we are looking
> for presentations.  Looking forward to hearing back from everyone (*cough*
> James *cough*).
>
> --
> CS
>

Re: [ottawaandroid] May Meeting - Call for Presentations

From:
Rick Barkhouse
Date:
2011-05-05 @ 17:24
I'm going to really try to make it this month, I've been thwarted the last
few times :)

On May 5, 2011 1:22 PM, "James Puderer" <jpuderer@littlebox.ca> wrote:

*cough* Android NDK development *cough*

-- James

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Chris Saunders <c.saunders322@gmail.com>
wrote: > > Hello Everyone...

Re: [ottawaandroid] May Meeting - Call for Presentations

From:
Christopher Saunders
Date:
2011-05-05 @ 22:48
Thanks James and Spencer!

Jessee, would love to hear about it! We'll put you on as a probable yes for
June.
On May 5, 2011 6:38 PM, "Spencer Elliott" <baseball116@gmail.com> wrote:

Re: [ottawaandroid] May Meeting - Call for Presentations

From:
Jessee Rodriguez
Date:
2011-05-05 @ 22:52
Awesome!

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 6:48 PM, Christopher Saunders <
c.saunders322@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks James and Spencer!
>
> Jessee, would love to hear about it! We'll put you on as a probable yes for
> June.
> On May 5, 2011 6:38 PM, "Spencer Elliott" <baseball116@gmail.com> wrote:
>



-- 
Cheers,

Jesse J Rodriguez

Re: [ottawaandroid] May Meeting - Call for Presentations

From:
Jessee Rodriguez
Date:
2011-05-05 @ 18:03
NDK would be awesome to have.

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 1:22 PM, James Puderer <jpuderer@littlebox.ca> wrote:

> *cough* Android NDK development *cough*
>
> -- James
>
> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Chris Saunders <c.saunders322@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> The next meeting will be happening on the 18th of May and we are looking
>> for presentations.  Looking forward to hearing back from everyone (*cough*
>> James *cough*).
>>
>> --
>> CS
>>
>
>


-- 
Cheers,

Jesse J Rodriguez

Re: [ottawaandroid] May Meeting - Call for Presentations

From:
James Puderer
Date:
2011-05-05 @ 18:05
Yes.  In case that wasn't clear, I *will* be doing a talk on Android NDK
Development.

Anyone else want to give a talk that isn't Chris? ;)

-- James

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Jessee Rodriguez <jessee9@gmail.com> wrote:

> NDK would be awesome to have.
>
>
> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 1:22 PM, James Puderer <jpuderer@littlebox.ca>wrote:
>
>> *cough* Android NDK development *cough*
>>
>> -- James
>>
>> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Chris Saunders <c.saunders322@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Everyone,
>>>
>>> The next meeting will be happening on the 18th of May and we are looking
>>> for presentations.  Looking forward to hearing back from everyone (*cough*
>>> James *cough*).
>>>
>>> --
>>> CS
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Jesse J Rodriguez
>
>

Re: [ottawaandroid] May Meeting - Call for Presentations

From:
Jessee Rodriguez
Date:
2011-05-05 @ 18:11
I have some LUA experience, would love to talk about it but unfortunately
would not be able to until mid June.



On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 2:05 PM, James Puderer <jpuderer@littlebox.ca> wrote:

> Yes.  In case that wasn't clear, I *will* be doing a talk on Android NDK
> Development.
>
> Anyone else want to give a talk that isn't Chris? ;)
>
> -- James
>
>
> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Jessee Rodriguez <jessee9@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> NDK would be awesome to have.
>>
>>
>> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 1:22 PM, James Puderer <jpuderer@littlebox.ca>wrote:
>>
>>> *cough* Android NDK development *cough*
>>>
>>> -- James
>>>
>>> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Chris Saunders <c.saunders322@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hello Everyone,
>>>>
>>>> The next meeting will be happening on the 18th of May and we are looking
>>>> for presentations.  Looking forward to hearing back from everyone (*cough*
>>>> James *cough*).
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> CS
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Jesse J Rodriguez
>>
>>
>


-- 
Cheers,

Jesse J Rodriguez

Re: [ottawaandroid] May Meeting - Call for Presentations

From:
Spencer Elliott
Date:
2011-05-05 @ 22:38
I'll be doing a presentation on integrating Facebook and Twitter into your
apps. :D

Spencer

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Jessee Rodriguez <jessee9@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have some LUA experience, would love to talk about it but unfortunately
> would not be able to until mid June.
>
>
>
> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 2:05 PM, James Puderer <jpuderer@littlebox.ca>wrote:
>
>> Yes.  In case that wasn't clear, I *will* be doing a talk on Android NDK
>> Development.
>>
>> Anyone else want to give a talk that isn't Chris? ;)
>>
>> -- James
>>
>>
>> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Jessee Rodriguez <jessee9@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> NDK would be awesome to have.
>>>
>>>
>>> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 1:22 PM, James Puderer <jpuderer@littlebox.ca>wrote:
>>>
>>>> *cough* Android NDK development *cough*
>>>>
>>>> -- James
>>>>
>>>> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Chris Saunders <c.saunders322@gmail.com
>>>> > wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hello Everyone,
>>>>>
>>>>> The next meeting will be happening on the 18th of May and we are
>>>>> looking for presentations.  Looking forward to hearing back from everyone
>>>>> (*cough* James *cough*).
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> CS
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Jesse J Rodriguez
>>>
>>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Jesse J Rodriguez
>
>

Re: [ottawaandroid] May Meeting - Call for Presentations

From:
Chris Saunders
Date:
2011-05-07 @ 02:44
It would be cool to perhaps in the June meeting cover some alternative 
languages you can program android apps in.  Personally I'm interested in 
knowing how Scala and/or clojure play with android.  I've heard promising 
things about Scala, though haven't gotten to mess around with it quite 
yet.

I've been playing with getting emacs configured so that you can do all 
your java/android development within it instead of in eclipse (which on a 
mac is painful).

I'm sure people would be interested in learning about the tools that you 
can get for say vim and emacs to make android dev easier.

We could instead do a meeting where it's dedicated to alternative 
environments, say for the July one?
On 2011-05-05, at 6:38 PM, Spencer Elliott wrote:

> I'll be doing a presentation on integrating Facebook and Twitter into 
your apps. :D
> 
> Spencer
> 
> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Jessee Rodriguez <jessee9@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have some LUA experience, would love to talk about it but 
unfortunately would not be able to until mid June.
> 
> 
> 
> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 2:05 PM, James Puderer <jpuderer@littlebox.ca> wrote:
> Yes.  In case that wasn't clear, I *will* be doing a talk on Android NDK
Development.
> 
> Anyone else want to give a talk that isn't Chris? ;)
> 
> -- James
> 
> 
> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Jessee Rodriguez <jessee9@gmail.com> wrote:
> NDK would be awesome to have.
> 
> 
> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 1:22 PM, James Puderer <jpuderer@littlebox.ca> wrote:
> *cough* Android NDK development *cough*
> 
> -- James
> 
> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Chris Saunders <c.saunders322@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> 
> The next meeting will be happening on the 18th of May and we are looking
for presentations.  Looking forward to hearing back from everyone (*cough*
James *cough*).
> 
> --
> CS
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Cheers,
> 
> Jesse J Rodriguez
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Cheers,
> 
> Jesse J Rodriguez
> 
>