librelist archives

« back to archive

31c3

31c3

From:
Matthias Strubel
Date:
2014-11-25 @ 21:19
Hey guys,
this should be the first discussion thread about the 31c3. 

Link dump:
https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:FAQ
https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Main_Page
https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Assemblies
https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Self-organized_Sessions


We ended up on the last thread with the following question:

Should we create something official or remain in official?
Has anyone experiences with Assemblies or self-organized Sessions?

my questions:

Do you have topics you want to do or discuss?
how many are coming to 31c3 from this list?

And I'm discussing at home, if I can step over for one day->evening->night
and drive back home the other day. 
If we have some things we want to discuss or play with, do you think it is
possible to focus the "most"(1) of them on day?


regards Matthias

(1) or only a few.. it is important for me, that I won't step over one day
and be useless for our topic :)

Re: [off.networks] 31c3

From:
panayotis antoniadis
Date:
2014-11-25 @ 21:40
For 313C, I think that confirmed participants are:
Panayotis Antoniadis (just bought my ticket!)
Aram Bartholl
Sarah Grant
Ben, Kei and Lauren (from unMonastery among other things)

And there is a chance for:
Daphne Dragona
David Darts

I guess that the important task would be to meet each other in person, 
discuss how
we can work as a "community" (whatever this means), and perhaps try to 
implement
fast a concrete idea that could be tried at the 313C or somewhere close 
by :-)



P.S. It seems that there is no obvious way to check who has subscribed 
in the list if they
don't participate. I have sent a related question to the developer of 
librelist.com.
(Perhaps the idea is that this shouldn't be perceived as a typical 
e-mail list but as a
public discussion that anyone can "listen" to. I think that I could like 
this but it is good to
know how it works)



On 25.11.2014 22:19, Matthias Strubel wrote:
> Hey guys,
> this should be the first discussion thread about the 31c3.
>
> Link dump:
> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:FAQ
> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Main_Page
> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Assemblies
> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Self-organized_Sessions
>
>
> We ended up on the last thread with the following question:
>
> Should we create something official or remain in official?
> Has anyone experiences with Assemblies or self-organized Sessions?
>
> my questions:
>
> Do you have topics you want to do or discuss?
> how many are coming to 31c3 from this list?
>
> And I'm discussing at home, if I can step over for one 
day->evening->night  and drive back home the other day.
> If we have some things we want to discuss or play with, do you think it 
is possible to focus the "most"(1) of them on day?
>
>
> regards Matthias
>
> (1) or only a few.. it is important for me, that I won't step over one 
day and be useless for our topic :)

Re: [off.networks] 31c3

From:
Panayotis Antoniadis
Date:
2014-11-25 @ 22:16
also Jonathan Baldwin and Andreas Unteidig said they might come and with 
Jonathan we agreed on twitter that usability and customization are 
important topics to discuss/act upon at c1c3.

Normal ticket costs 100euro. We need also an IRC channel for event 
organization :-)

On Nov 25, 2014 10:40 PM, panayotis antoniadis <panayotis@nethood.org> wrote:
>
>
> For 313C, I think that confirmed participants are: 
> Panayotis Antoniadis (just bought my ticket!) 
> Aram Bartholl 
> Sarah Grant 
> Ben, Kei and Lauren (from unMonastery among other things) 
>
> And there is a chance for: 
> Daphne Dragona 
> David Darts 
>
> I guess that the important task would be to meet each other in person, 
> discuss how 
> we can work as a "community" (whatever this means), and perhaps try to 
> implement 
> fast a concrete idea that could be tried at the 313C or somewhere close 
> by :-) 
>
>
>
> P.S. It seems that there is no obvious way to check who has subscribed 
> in the list if they 
> don't participate. I have sent a related question to the developer of 
> librelist.com. 
> (Perhaps the idea is that this shouldn't be perceived as a typical 
> e-mail list but as a 
> public discussion that anyone can "listen" to. I think that I could like 
> this but it is good to 
> know how it works) 
>
>
>
> On 25.11.2014 22:19, Matthias Strubel wrote: 
> > Hey guys, 
> > this should be the first discussion thread about the 31c3. 
> > 
> > Link dump: 
> > https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:FAQ 
> > https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Main_Page 
> > https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Assemblies 
> > https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Self-organized_Sessions 
> > 
> > 
> > We ended up on the last thread with the following question: 
> > 
> > Should we create something official or remain in official? 
> > Has anyone experiences with Assemblies or self-organized Sessions? 
> > 
> > my questions: 
> > 
> > Do you have topics you want to do or discuss? 
> > how many are coming to 31c3 from this list? 
> > 
> > And I'm discussing at home, if I can step over for one 
day->evening->night  and drive back home the other day. 
> > If we have some things we want to discuss or play with, do you think 
it is possible to focus the "most"(1) of them on day? 
> > 
> > 
> > regards Matthias 
> > 
> > (1) or only a few.. it is important for me, that I won't step over one
day and be useless for our topic :) 
>

Re: [off.networks] 31c3

From:
Minuette Le
Date:
2014-11-26 @ 11:18
Hello and thanks to Andreas U for linking me in. I plan to be at 31c3 and 
this assembly makes it even more worth the while - I am a design 
researcher at Hybrid Publishing Lab Leuphana Univ. and a few of us have 
been experimenting with offline libraries based on Pirate Box/Library Box 
configurations. 

Usability and customization for different scenarios are a good start - 
from the everyday to context-specific. Because my research is around 
primary ebooks + circulation + accessibility, I am interested in devising 
a set up that makes it easy for users to build and customize their own 
libraries.

Minuette Le
Twitter @_RSRG



On Nov 25, 2014, at 11:16 PM, Panayotis Antoniadis <panayotis@nethood.org> wrote:

also Jonathan Baldwin and Andreas Unteidig said they might come and with 
Jonathan we agreed on twitter that usability and customization are 
important topics to discuss/act upon at c1c3.

Normal ticket costs 100euro. We need also an IRC channel for event 
organization :-)

On Nov 25, 2014 10:40 PM, panayotis antoniadis <panayotis@nethood.org> wrote:
> 
> 
> For 313C, I think that confirmed participants are: 
> Panayotis Antoniadis (just bought my ticket!) 
> Aram Bartholl 
> Sarah Grant 
> Ben, Kei and Lauren (from unMonastery among other things) 
> 
> And there is a chance for: 
> Daphne Dragona 
> David Darts 
> 
> I guess that the important task would be to meet each other in person, 
> discuss how 
> we can work as a "community" (whatever this means), and perhaps try to 
> implement 
> fast a concrete idea that could be tried at the 313C or somewhere close 
> by :-) 
> 
> 
> 
> P.S. It seems that there is no obvious way to check who has subscribed 
> in the list if they 
> don't participate. I have sent a related question to the developer of 
> librelist.com. 
> (Perhaps the idea is that this shouldn't be perceived as a typical 
> e-mail list but as a 
> public discussion that anyone can "listen" to. I think that I could like 
> this but it is good to 
> know how it works) 
> 
> 
> 
> On 25.11.2014 22:19, Matthias Strubel wrote: 
>> Hey guys, 
>> this should be the first discussion thread about the 31c3. 
>> 
>> Link dump: 
>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:FAQ 
>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Main_Page 
>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Assemblies 
>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Self-organized_Sessions 
>> 
>> 
>> We ended up on the last thread with the following question: 
>> 
>> Should we create something official or remain in official? 
>> Has anyone experiences with Assemblies or self-organized Sessions? 
>> 
>> my questions: 
>> 
>> Do you have topics you want to do or discuss? 
>> how many are coming to 31c3 from this list? 
>> 
>> And I'm discussing at home, if I can step over for one 
day->evening->night  and drive back home the other day. 
>> If we have some things we want to discuss or play with, do you think it
is possible to focus the "most"(1) of them on day? 
>> 
>> 
>> regards Matthias 
>> 
>> (1) or only a few.. it is important for me, that I won't step over one 
day and be useless for our topic :) 
> 

Re: [off.networks] 31c3

From:
Aram Bartholl
Date:
2014-11-27 @ 12:08
hey all,

31C3 Assembly:
yes, i think it def makes sense to setup an assembly. a place to hang
out and meet, show each other glossy routers and discuss ideas. it doesn
t need to be a huge area but i m sure we will attract a lot of people
into this whole topic with such an assembly. this is what ccc is best
for. meeting new ppl! (the talks you can watch better online ;)
i ve started a quick wiki entry at the assembly pages! please add your
link, and more info!
https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Assembly:Offline_Networks

what will you bring? please add in the form. if we show them good
content and nicely filled form we ll get a good spot i think. i ll setup
a killyouphone.com table and will probably also bring a hard disk
crusher (IDEAL 0101)

sessions: if you already know you wanna give a session/talk/open project
just start marking them in the form.
	
Focus day:
yes, besides hanging out it would def make sense to have a focus
day/night for people who only have time to check in for one day. i m
flexible, will be there the whole time more or less. i would propose day
2 (dec 28) or day 3 (dec 29) as a focus day, would this work?


repository:
yes, the linklist is awsome! http://nethood.org/links.html and yes! a
wikipedia entry with all those would be the perfect place to collect i
think.


Am 26.11.14 12:18, schrieb Minuette Le:
> Hello and thanks to Andreas U for linking me in. I plan to be at 31c3
> and this assembly makes it even more worth the while - I am a design
> researcher at Hybrid Publishing Lab
> <http://hybridpublishing.org/> Leuphana Univ. and a few of us have been
> experimenting with offline libraries based on Pirate Box/Library Box
> configurations. 
> 
> Usability and customization for different scenarios are a good start -
> from the everyday to context-specific. Because my research is around
> primary ebooks + circulation + accessibility, I am interested in
> devising a set up that makes it easy for users to build and customize
> their own libraries.
> 
> Minuette Le
> Twitter @_RSRG <https://twitter.com/_RSRG>
> 
> 
> 
> On Nov 25, 2014, at 11:16 PM, Panayotis Antoniadis <panayotis@ne
> thood.org <mailto:panayotis@nethood.org>> wrote:
> 
> also Jonathan Baldwin and Andreas Unteidig said they might come and with
> Jonathan we agreed on twitter that usability and customization are
> important topics to discuss/act upon at c1c3.
> 
> Normal ticket costs 100euro. We need also an IRC channel for event
> organization :-)
> 
> On Nov 25, 2014 10:40 PM, panayotis antoniadis <panayotis@nethood.org
> <mailto:panayotis@nethood.org>> wrote:
>>
>>
>> For 313C, I think that confirmed participants are: 
>> Panayotis Antoniadis (just bought my ticket!) 
>> Aram Bartholl 
>> Sarah Grant 
>> Ben, Kei and Lauren (from unMonastery among other things) 
>>
>> And there is a chance for: 
>> Daphne Dragona 
>> David Darts 
>>
>> I guess that the important task would be to meet each other in person, 
>> discuss how 
>> we can work as a "community" (whatever this means), and perhaps try to 
>> implement 
>> fast a concrete idea that could be tried at the 313C or somewhere close 
>> by :-) 
>>
>>
>>
>> P.S. It seems that there is no obvious way to check who has subscribed 
>> in the list if they 
>> don't participate. I have sent a related question to the developer of 
>> librelist.com <http://librelist.com>. 
>> (Perhaps the idea is that this shouldn't be perceived as a typical 
>> e-mail list but as a 
>> public discussion that anyone can "listen" to. I think that I could like 
>> this but it is good to 
>> know how it works) 
>>
>>
>>
>> On 25.11.2014 22:19, Matthias Strubel wrote: 
>>> Hey guys, 
>>> this should be the first discussion thread about the 31c3. 
>>>
>>> Link dump: 
>>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:FAQ 
>>> htt ps://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Main_Page
>>> <https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Main_Page> 
>>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Assemblies 
>>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Self-organized_Sessions 
>>>
>>>
>>> We ended up on the last thread with the following question: 
>>>
>>> Should we create something official or remain in official? 
>>> Has anyone experiences with Assemblies or self-organized Sessions? 
>>>
>>> my questions: 
>>>
>>> Do you have topics you want to do or discuss? 
>>> how many are coming to 31c3 from this list? 
>>>
>>> And I'm discussing at home, if I can step over for one
>>> day->evening->night  and drive back home the other day. 
>>> If we have some things we want to discuss or play with, do you think
>>> it is possible to focus the "most"(1) of them on day? < br>
>>>
>>> regards Matthias 
>>>
>>> (1) or only a few.. it is important for me, that I won't step over
>>> one day and be useless for our topic :) 
>>
> 

Re: [off.networks] 31c3

From:
Aram Bartholl
Date:
2014-11-27 @ 12:28
if you ve never been to a CCC congress and are thinking about maybe
coming i wanna encourage you to DEFINITELY DO IT! YOU WILL NOT REGRET!
IT IS THE BEST EVENT IN HACKING/TECH/ART... the venue in hamburg is
awesome, it is huge! OVER 9000 participants last year!!


Am 27.11.14 13:08, schrieb Aram Bartholl:
> hey all,
> 
> 31C3 Assembly:
> yes, i think it def makes sense to setup an assembly. a place to hang
> out and meet, show each other glossy routers and discuss ideas. it doesn
> t need to be a huge area but i m sure we will attract a lot of people
> into this whole topic with such an assembly. this is what ccc is best
> for. meeting new ppl! (the talks you can watch better online ;)
> i ve started a quick wiki entry at the assembly pages! please add your
> link, and more info!
> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Assembly:Offline_Networks
> 
> what will you bring? please add in the form. if we show them good
> content and nicely filled form we ll get a good spot i think. i ll setup
> a killyouphone.com table and will probably also bring a hard disk
> crusher (IDEAL 0101)
> 
> sessions: if you already know you wanna give a session/talk/open project
> just start marking them in the form.
> 	
> Focus day:
> yes, besides hanging out it would def make sense to have a focus
> day/night for people who only have time to check in for one day. i m
> flexible, will be there the whole time more or less. i would propose day
> 2 (dec 28) or day 3 (dec 29) as a focus day, would this work?
> 
> 
> repository:
> yes, the linklist is awsome! http://nethood.org/links.html and yes! a
> wikipedia entry with all those would be the perfect place to collect i
> think.
> 
> 
> Am 26.11.14 12:18, schrieb Minuette Le:
>> Hello and thanks to Andreas U for linking me in. I plan to be at 31c3
>> and this assembly makes it even more worth the while - I am a design
>> researcher at Hybrid Publishing Lab
>> <http://hybridpublishing.org/> Leuphana Univ. and a few of us have been
>> experimenting with offline libraries based on Pirate Box/Library Box
>> configurations. 
>>
>> Usability and customization for different scenarios are a good start -
>> from the everyday to context-specific. Because my research is around
>> primary ebooks + circulation + accessibility, I am interested in
>> devising a set up that makes it easy for users to build and customize
>> their own libraries.
>>
>> Minuette Le
>> Twitter @_RSRG <https://twitter.com/_RSRG>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Nov 25, 2014, at 11:16 PM, Panayotis Antoniadis <panayotis@ne
>> thood.org <mailto:panayotis@nethood.org>> wrote:
>>
>> also Jonathan Baldwin and Andreas Unteidig said they might come and with
>> Jonathan we agreed on twitter that usability and customization are
>> important topics to discuss/act upon at c1c3.
>>
>> Normal ticket costs 100euro. We need also an IRC channel for event
>> organization :-)
>>
>> On Nov 25, 2014 10:40 PM, panayotis antoniadis <panayotis@nethood.org
>> <mailto:panayotis@nethood.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>> For 313C, I think that confirmed participants are: 
>>> Panayotis Antoniadis (just bought my ticket!) 
>>> Aram Bartholl 
>>> Sarah Grant 
>>> Ben, Kei and Lauren (from unMonastery among other things) 
>>>
>>> And there is a chance for: 
>>> Daphne Dragona 
>>> David Darts 
>>>
>>> I guess that the important task would be to meet each other in person, 
>>> discuss how 
>>> we can work as a "community" (whatever this means), and perhaps try to 
>>> implement 
>>> fast a concrete idea that could be tried at the 313C or somewhere close 
>>> by :-) 
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> P.S. It seems that there is no obvious way to check who has subscribed 
>>> in the list if they 
>>> don't participate. I have sent a related question to the developer of 
>>> librelist.com <http://librelist.com>. 
>>> (Perhaps the idea is that this shouldn't be perceived as a typical 
>>> e-mail list but as a 
>>> public discussion that anyone can "listen" to. I think that I could like 
>>> this but it is good to 
>>> know how it works) 
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On 25.11.2014 22:19, Matthias Strubel wrote: 
>>>> Hey guys, 
>>>> this should be the first discussion thread about the 31c3. 
>>>>
>>>> Link dump: 
>>>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:FAQ 
>>>> htt ps://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Main_Page
>>>> <https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Main_Page> 
>>>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Assemblies 
>>>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Self-organized_Sessions 
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> We ended up on the last thread with the following question: 
>>>>
>>>> Should we create something official or remain in official? 
>>>> Has anyone experiences with Assemblies or self-organized Sessions? 
>>>>
>>>> my questions: 
>>>>
>>>> Do you have topics you want to do or discuss? 
>>>> how many are coming to 31c3 from this list? 
>>>>
>>>> And I'm discussing at home, if I can step over for one
>>>> day->evening->night  and drive back home the other day. 
>>>> If we have some things we want to discuss or play with, do you think
>>>> it is possible to focus the "most"(1) of them on day? < br>
>>>>
>>>> regards Matthias 
>>>>
>>>> (1) or only a few.. it is important for me, that I won't step over
>>>> one day and be useless for our topic :) 
>>>
>>
> 

Re: [off.networks] 31c3

From:
panayotis antoniadis
Date:
2014-12-01 @ 13:17
Hi!

I kept thinking during the weekend various activities that we
could organize at our assembly and here are some ideas:

- a competition for the universal sign of offline wireless (we
could make available papers with the standard WiFi sign
printed on them for people to "add" something that would
transform it to "offline"). I think thatSarah is already working
on this :-)

- collection of ideas for different framings, logos, and
functionalities for specific applications depending on
context. Perhaps try out some of them in the city.

- implementation of a simple "administrator panel" for
choosing the SSID, the basic functionality, etc. with some
basic "templates" to choose from (a la wordpress)

- hardware hacking: it would be great if we could add to
these boxes a light or sound source that would react to
the current activity or even allow people to generate
alarms :-).

- tutorials, experiences from real-life deployments,
challenges




On 27.11.2014 13:28, Aram Bartholl wrote:
> if you ve never been to a CCC congress and are thinking about maybe
> coming i wanna encourage you to DEFINITELY DO IT! YOU WILL NOT REGRET!
> IT IS THE BEST EVENT IN HACKING/TECH/ART... the venue in hamburg is
> awesome, it is huge! OVER 9000 participants last year!!
>
>
> Am 27.11.14 13:08, schrieb Aram Bartholl:
>> hey all,
>>
>> 31C3 Assembly:
>> yes, i think it def makes sense to setup an assembly. a place to hang
>> out and meet, show each other glossy routers and discuss ideas. it doesn
>> t need to be a huge area but i m sure we will attract a lot of people
>> into this whole topic with such an assembly. this is what ccc is best
>> for. meeting new ppl! (the talks you can watch better online ;)
>> i ve started a quick wiki entry at the assembly pages! please add your
>> link, and more info!
>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Assembly:Offline_Networks
>>
>> what will you bring? please add in the form. if we show them good
>> content and nicely filled form we ll get a good spot i think. i ll setup
>> a killyouphone.com table and will probably also bring a hard disk
>> crusher (IDEAL 0101)
>>
>> sessions: if you already know you wanna give a session/talk/open project
>> just start marking them in the form.
>> 	
>> Focus day:
>> yes, besides hanging out it would def make sense to have a focus
>> day/night for people who only have time to check in for one day. i m
>> flexible, will be there the whole time more or less. i would propose day
>> 2 (dec 28) or day 3 (dec 29) as a focus day, would this work?
>>
>>
>> repository:
>> yes, the linklist is awsome! http://nethood.org/links.html and yes! a
>> wikipedia entry with all those would be the perfect place to collect i
>> think.
>>
>>
>> Am 26.11.14 12:18, schrieb Minuette Le:
>>> Hello and thanks to Andreas U for linking me in. I plan to be at 31c3
>>> and this assembly makes it even more worth the while - I am a design
>>> researcher at Hybrid Publishing Lab
>>> <http://hybridpublishing.org/> Leuphana Univ. and a few of us have been
>>> experimenting with offline libraries based on Pirate Box/Library Box
>>> configurations.
>>>
>>> Usability and customization for different scenarios are a good start -
>>> from the everyday to context-specific. Because my research is around
>>> primary ebooks + circulation + accessibility, I am interested in
>>> devising a set up that makes it easy for users to build and customize
>>> their own libraries.
>>>
>>> Minuette Le
>>> Twitter @_RSRG <https://twitter.com/_RSRG>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Nov 25, 2014, at 11:16 PM, Panayotis Antoniadis <panayotis@ne
>>> thood.org <mailto:panayotis@nethood.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>> also Jonathan Baldwin and Andreas Unteidig said they might come and with
>>> Jonathan we agreed on twitter that usability and customization are
>>> important topics to discuss/act upon at c1c3.
>>>
>>> Normal ticket costs 100euro. We need also an IRC channel for event
>>> organization :-)
>>>
>>> On Nov 25, 2014 10:40 PM, panayotis antoniadis <panayotis@nethood.org
>>> <mailto:panayotis@nethood.org>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> For 313C, I think that confirmed participants are:
>>>> Panayotis Antoniadis (just bought my ticket!)
>>>> Aram Bartholl
>>>> Sarah Grant
>>>> Ben, Kei and Lauren (from unMonastery among other things)
>>>>
>>>> And there is a chance for:
>>>> Daphne Dragona
>>>> David Darts
>>>>
>>>> I guess that the important task would be to meet each other in person,
>>>> discuss how
>>>> we can work as a "community" (whatever this means), and perhaps try to
>>>> implement
>>>> fast a concrete idea that could be tried at the 313C or somewhere close
>>>> by :-)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> P.S. It seems that there is no obvious way to check who has subscribed
>>>> in the list if they
>>>> don't participate. I have sent a related question to the developer of
>>>> librelist.com <http://librelist.com>.
>>>> (Perhaps the idea is that this shouldn't be perceived as a typical
>>>> e-mail list but as a
>>>> public discussion that anyone can "listen" to. I think that I could like
>>>> this but it is good to
>>>> know how it works)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On 25.11.2014 22:19, Matthias Strubel wrote:
>>>>> Hey guys,
>>>>> this should be the first discussion thread about the 31c3.
>>>>>
>>>>> Link dump:
>>>>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:FAQ
>>>>> htt ps://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Main_Page
>>>>> <https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Main_Page>
>>>>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Assemblies
>>>>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Self-organized_Sessions
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> We ended up on the last thread with the following question:
>>>>>
>>>>> Should we create something official or remain in official?
>>>>> Has anyone experiences with Assemblies or self-organized Sessions?
>>>>>
>>>>> my questions:
>>>>>
>>>>> Do you have topics you want to do or discuss?
>>>>> how many are coming to 31c3 from this list?
>>>>>
>>>>> And I'm discussing at home, if I can step over for one
>>>>> day->evening->night  and drive back home the other day.
>>>>> If we have some things we want to discuss or play with, do you think
>>>>> it is possible to focus the "most"(1) of them on day? < br>
>>>>>
>>>>> regards Matthias
>>>>>
>>>>> (1) or only a few.. it is important for me, that I won't step over
>>>>> one day and be useless for our topic :)

Re: [off.networks] 31c3

From:
addie wagenknecht
Date:
2014-12-01 @ 13:25
Hi Everyone-

I'm recently added to the list (Thanks for the headsup Aram.. !). Pinging
so I am not just a lurker. See you AFK at C3.

Adding some additional topics to the wiki

/addie

    -_-_-_-_-_-
** *Shellshock <http://www.bitforms.com/exhibitions/wagenknecht-shellshock>*
opened November 2nd at bitforms gallery <http://bitforms.com/>, New York
City
** Deep Lab Congress <http://studioforcreativeinquiry.org/projects/deep-lab>
is Dec 7-14th at Carnegie Mellon University

everything else is here:
me: placesiveneverbeen.com
tweet: wheresaddie <http://twitter.com/wheresaddie>

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 2:17 PM, panayotis antoniadis <panayotis@nethood.org>
wrote:

>
> Hi!
>
> I kept thinking during the weekend various activities that we
> could organize at our assembly and here are some ideas:
>
> - a competition for the universal sign of offline wireless (we
> could make available papers with the standard WiFi sign
> printed on them for people to "add" something that would
> transform it to "offline"). I think thatSarah is already working
> on this :-)
>
> - collection of ideas for different framings, logos, and
> functionalities for specific applications depending on
> context. Perhaps try out some of them in the city.
>
> - implementation of a simple "administrator panel" for
> choosing the SSID, the basic functionality, etc. with some
> basic "templates" to choose from (a la wordpress)
>
> - hardware hacking: it would be great if we could add to
> these boxes a light or sound source that would react to
> the current activity or even allow people to generate
> alarms :-).
>
> - tutorials, experiences from real-life deployments,
> challenges
>
>
>
>
> On 27.11.2014 13:28, Aram Bartholl wrote:
> > if you ve never been to a CCC congress and are thinking about maybe
> > coming i wanna encourage you to DEFINITELY DO IT! YOU WILL NOT REGRET!
> > IT IS THE BEST EVENT IN HACKING/TECH/ART... the venue in hamburg is
> > awesome, it is huge! OVER 9000 participants last year!!
> >
> >
> > Am 27.11.14 13:08, schrieb Aram Bartholl:
> >> hey all,
> >>
> >> 31C3 Assembly:
> >> yes, i think it def makes sense to setup an assembly. a place to hang
> >> out and meet, show each other glossy routers and discuss ideas. it doesn
> >> t need to be a huge area but i m sure we will attract a lot of people
> >> into this whole topic with such an assembly. this is what ccc is best
> >> for. meeting new ppl! (the talks you can watch better online ;)
> >> i ve started a quick wiki entry at the assembly pages! please add your
> >> link, and more info!
> >> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Assembly:Offline_Networks
> >>
> >> what will you bring? please add in the form. if we show them good
> >> content and nicely filled form we ll get a good spot i think. i ll setup
> >> a killyouphone.com table and will probably also bring a hard disk
> >> crusher (IDEAL 0101)
> >>
> >> sessions: if you already know you wanna give a session/talk/open project
> >> just start marking them in the form.
> >>
> >> Focus day:
> >> yes, besides hanging out it would def make sense to have a focus
> >> day/night for people who only have time to check in for one day. i m
> >> flexible, will be there the whole time more or less. i would propose day
> >> 2 (dec 28) or day 3 (dec 29) as a focus day, would this work?
> >>
> >>
> >> repository:
> >> yes, the linklist is awsome! http://nethood.org/links.html and yes! a
> >> wikipedia entry with all those would be the perfect place to collect i
> >> think.
> >>
> >>
> >> Am 26.11.14 12:18, schrieb Minuette Le:
> >>> Hello and thanks to Andreas U for linking me in. I plan to be at 31c3
> >>> and this assembly makes it even more worth the while - I am a design
> >>> researcher at Hybrid Publishing Lab
> >>> <http://hybridpublishing.org/> Leuphana Univ. and a few of us have
> been
> >>> experimenting with offline libraries based on Pirate Box/Library Box
> >>> configurations.
> >>>
> >>> Usability and customization for different scenarios are a good start -
> >>> from the everyday to context-specific. Because my research is around
> >>> primary ebooks + circulation + accessibility, I am interested in
> >>> devising a set up that makes it easy for users to build and customize
> >>> their own libraries.
> >>>
> >>> Minuette Le
> >>> Twitter @_RSRG <https://twitter.com/_RSRG>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> On Nov 25, 2014, at 11:16 PM, Panayotis Antoniadis <panayotis@ne
> >>> thood.org <mailto:panayotis@nethood.org>> wrote:
> >>>
> >>> also Jonathan Baldwin and Andreas Unteidig said they might come and
> with
> >>> Jonathan we agreed on twitter that usability and customization are
> >>> important topics to discuss/act upon at c1c3.
> >>>
> >>> Normal ticket costs 100euro. We need also an IRC channel for event
> >>> organization :-)
> >>>
> >>> On Nov 25, 2014 10:40 PM, panayotis antoniadis <panayotis@nethood.org
> >>> <mailto:panayotis@nethood.org>> wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>> For 313C, I think that confirmed participants are:
> >>>> Panayotis Antoniadis (just bought my ticket!)
> >>>> Aram Bartholl
> >>>> Sarah Grant
> >>>> Ben, Kei and Lauren (from unMonastery among other things)
> >>>>
> >>>> And there is a chance for:
> >>>> Daphne Dragona
> >>>> David Darts
> >>>>
> >>>> I guess that the important task would be to meet each other in person,
> >>>> discuss how
> >>>> we can work as a "community" (whatever this means), and perhaps try to
> >>>> implement
> >>>> fast a concrete idea that could be tried at the 313C or somewhere
> close
> >>>> by :-)
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> P.S. It seems that there is no obvious way to check who has subscribed
> >>>> in the list if they
> >>>> don't participate. I have sent a related question to the developer of
> >>>> librelist.com <http://librelist.com>.
> >>>> (Perhaps the idea is that this shouldn't be perceived as a typical
> >>>> e-mail list but as a
> >>>> public discussion that anyone can "listen" to. I think that I could
> like
> >>>> this but it is good to
> >>>> know how it works)
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> On 25.11.2014 22:19, Matthias Strubel wrote:
> >>>>> Hey guys,
> >>>>> this should be the first discussion thread about the 31c3.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Link dump:
> >>>>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:FAQ
> >>>>> htt ps://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Main_Page
> >>>>> <https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Main_Page>
> >>>>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Assemblies
> >>>>>
> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Self-organized_Sessions
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>> We ended up on the last thread with the following question:
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Should we create something official or remain in official?
> >>>>> Has anyone experiences with Assemblies or self-organized Sessions?
> >>>>>
> >>>>> my questions:
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Do you have topics you want to do or discuss?
> >>>>> how many are coming to 31c3 from this list?
> >>>>>
> >>>>> And I'm discussing at home, if I can step over for one
> >>>>> day->evening->night  and drive back home the other day.
> >>>>> If we have some things we want to discuss or play with, do you think
> >>>>> it is possible to focus the "most"(1) of them on day? < br>
> >>>>>
> >>>>> regards Matthias
> >>>>>
> >>>>> (1) or only a few.. it is important for me, that I won't step over
> >>>>> one day and be useless for our topic :)
>
>

Re: [off.networks] 31c3

From:
Matthias Strubel
Date:
2014-12-27 @ 12:09
Hi everyone!
unfortunately I can't make it to 31c3 :( 
I'll be at transmediale in Berlin at the end of January.

I hope you have a nice time!

best regards
Matthias

On 12/01/2014 02:25 PM, addie wagenknecht wrote:
> Hi Everyone-
> 
> I'm recently added to the list (Thanks for the headsup Aram.. !). 
Pinging so I am not just a lurker. See you AFK at C3.
> 
> Adding some additional topics to the wiki
> 
> /addie
> 
>     -_-_-_-_-_-
> ** /Shellshock 
<http://www.bitforms.com/exhibitions/wagenknecht-shellshock>/ opened 
November 2nd at bitforms gallery <http://bitforms.com/>, New York City
> ** Deep Lab Congress 
<http://studioforcreativeinquiry.org/projects/deep-lab> is Dec 7-14th at 
Carnegie Mellon University
> 
> everything else is here:
> me: placesiveneverbeen.com <http://placesiveneverbeen.com>
> twee t: wheresaddie <http://twitter.com/wheresaddie>
> 
> On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 2:17 PM, panayotis antoniadis 
<panayotis@nethood.org <mailto:panayotis@nethood.org>> wrote:
> 
> 
>     Hi!
> 
>     I kept thinking during the weekend various activities that we
>     could organize at our assembly and here are some ideas:
> 
>     - a competition for the universal sign of offline wireless (we
>     could make available papers with the standard WiFi sign
>     printed on them for people to "add" something that would
>     transform it to "offline"). I think thatSarah is already working
>     on this :-)
> 
>     - collection of ideas for different framings, logos, and
>     functionalities for specific applications depending on
>     context. Perhaps try out some of them in the city.
> 
>     - implementation of a simple "administrator panel" for
>     choosing the SSID, the basic functionality, etc. with some
>     basic "templates" to choose from (a la wordpress)
> 
>     - hardware hacking: it would be great if we could add to
>     these boxes a light or sound source that would react to
>     the current activity or even allow people to generate
>     alarms :-).
> 
>     - tutorials, experiences from real-life deployments,
>     challenges
> 
> 
> 
> 
>     On 27.11.2014 13:28, Aram Bartholl wrote:
>     > if you ve never been to a CCC congress and are thinking about maybe
>     > coming i wanna encourage you to DEFINITELY DO IT! YOU WILL NOT REGRET!
>     > IT IS THE BEST EVENT IN HACKING/TECH/ART... the venue in hamburg is
>     > awesome, it is huge! OVER 9000 participants last year!!
>     >
>     >
>     > Am 27.11.14 13:08, schrieb Aram Bartholl:
>     >> hey all,
>     >>
>     >> 31C3 Assembly:
>     >> yes, i think it def makes sense to setup an assembly. a place to hang
>     >> out and meet, show each other glossy routers and discuss ideas. it doesn
>     >> t need to be a huge area but i m sure we will attract a lot of people
>     >> into this whole topic with such an assembly. this is what ccc is best
>     >> for. meeting new ppl! (the talks you can watch better online ;)
>     >> i ve started a quick wiki entry at the assembly pages! please add your
>     >> link, and more info!
>     >> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Assembly:Offline_Networks
>     >>
>     >> what will you bring? please add in the form. if we show them good
>     >> content and nicely filled form we ll get a good spot i think. i ll setup
>     >> a killyouphone.com <http://killyouphone.com> table and will 
probably also bring a hard disk
>     >> crusher (IDEAL 0101)
>     >>
>     >> sessions: if you already know you wanna give a session/talk/open project
>     >> just start marking them in the form.
>     >>
>     >> Focus day:
>     >> yes, besides hanging out it would def make sense to have a focus
>     >> day/night for people who only have time to check in for one day. i m
>     >> flexible, will be there the whole time more or less. i would propose day
>     >> 2 (dec 28) or day 3 (dec 29) as a focus day, would this work?
>     >>
>     >>
>     >> repository:
>     >> yes, the linklist is awsome! http://nethood.org/links.html and yes! a
>     >> wikipedia entry with all those would be the perfect place to collect i
>     >> think.
>     >>
>     >>
>     >> Am 26.11.14 <tel:26.11.14> 12:18, schrieb Minuette Le:
>     >>> Hello and thanks to Andreas U for linking me in. I plan to be at 31c3
>     >>> and this assembly makes it even more worth the while - I am a design
>     >>> researcher at Hybrid Publishing Lab
>     >>> <http://hybridpublishing.org/> Leuphana Univ. and a few of us have been
>     >>> experimenting with offline libraries based on Pirate Box/Library Box
>     >>> configurations.
>     >>>
>     >>> Usability and customization for different scenarios are a good start -
>     >>> from the everyday to context-specific. Because my research is around
>     >>> primary ebooks + circulation + accessibility, I am interested in
>     >>> devising a set up that makes it easy for users to build and customize
>     >>> their own libraries.
>     >>>
>     >>> Minuette Le
>     >>> Twitter @_RSRG <https://twitter.com/_RSRG>
>     >>>
>     >>>
>     >>>
>     >>> On Nov 25, 2014, at 11:16 PM, Panayotis Antoniadis <panayotis@ne
>     >>> thood.org <http://thood.org> <mailto:panayotis@nethood.org 
<mailto:panayotis@nethood.org>>> wrote:
>     >>>
>     >>> also Jonathan Baldwin and Andreas Unteidig said they might come and with
>     >>> Jonathan we agreed on twitter that usability and customization are
>     >>> important topics to discuss/act upon at c1c3.
>     >>>
>     >>> Normal ticket costs 100euro. We need also an IRC channel for event
>     >>> organization :-)
>     >>>
>     >>> On Nov 25, 2014 10:40 PM, panayotis antoniadis 
<panayotis@nethood.org <mailto:panayotis@nethood.org>
>     >>> <mailto:panayotis@nethood.org <mailto:panayotis@nethood.org>>> wrote:
>     >>>>
>     >>>> For 313C, I think that confirmed participants are:
>     >>>> Panayotis Antoniadis (just bought my ticket!)
>     >>>> Aram Bartholl
>     >>>> Sarah Grant
>     >>>> Ben, Kei and Lauren (from unMonastery among other things)
>     >>>>
>     >>>> And there is a chance for:
>     >>>> Daphne Dragona
>     >>>> David Darts
>     >>>>
>     >>>> I guess that the important task would be to meet each other in person,
>     >>>> discuss how
>     >>>> we can work as a "community" (whatever this means), and perhaps try to
>     >>>> implement
>     >>>> fast a concrete idea that could be tried at the 313C or somewhere close
>     >>>> by :-)
>     >>>>
>     >>>>
>     >>>>
>     >>>> P.S. It seems that there is no obvious way to check who has subscribed
>     >>>> in the list if they
>     >>>> don't participate. I have sent a related question to the developer of
>     >>>> librelist.com <http://librelist.com> <http://librelist.com>.
>     >>>> (Perhaps the idea is that this shouldn't be perceived as a typical
>     >>>> e-mail list but as a
>     >>>> public discussion that anyone can "listen" to. I think that I 
could like
>     >>>> this but it is good to
>     >>>> know how it works)
>     >>>>
>     >>>>
>     >>>>
>     >>>> On 25.11.2014 22:19, Matthias Strubel wrote:
>     >>>>> Hey guys,
>     >>>>> this should be the first discussion thread about the 31c3.
>     >>>>>
>     >>>>> Link dump:
>     >>>>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:FAQ
>     >>>>> htt ps://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Main_Page 
<http://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Main_Page>
>     >>>>> <https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Main_Page>
>     >>>>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Assemblies
>     >>>>> 
https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Self-organized_Sessions
>     >>>>>
>     >>>>>
>     >>>>> We ended up on the last thread with the following question:
>     >>>>>
>     >>>>> Should we create something official or remain in official?
>     >>>>> Has anyone experiences with Assemblies or self-organized Sessions?
>     >>>>>
>     >>>>> my questions:
>     >>>>>
>     >>>>> Do you have topics you want to do or discuss?
>     >>>>> how many are coming to 31c3 from this list?
>     >>>>>
>     >>>>> And I'm discussing at home, if I can step over for one
>     >>>>> day->evening->night  and drive back home the other day.
>     >>>>> If we have some things we want to discuss or play with, do you think
>     >>>>> it is possible to focus the "most"(1) of them on day? < br>
>     >>>>>
>     >>>>> regards Matthias
>     >>>>>
>     >>>>> (1) or only a few.. it is important for me, that I won't step over
>     >>>>> one day and be useless for our topic :)
> 
> 

Re: [off.networks] 31c3

From:
addie wagenknecht
Date:
2014-12-27 @ 12:11
yeah I am out too this year... :(

Re: [off.networks] 31c3

From:
panayotis antoniadis
Date:
2014-12-27 @ 13:30
We have just gathered (Sarah, Andreas, and I) at the restaurant. Our 
assembly table is
too small (10 seats for Freifunk, DIYISP, offline networks, and one more
assembly), so I guess we will be self-organizing in different spaces 
during the conference.

The good thing with RaspberryPi-based offline networks is that they can 
be nomadic :-)

By the way, except from Aram, is there anyone else at 313C?

(If there is no dramatic change in the membership of our assembly I 
guess that one of
our key tasks will be to organize the event at the foyer of transmediale 
... )




On 27.12.2014 13:11, addie wagenknecht wrote:
> yeah I am out too this year... :(
>
>

Re: [off.networks] 31c3

From:
Aram Bartholl
Date:
2014-12-27 @ 13:55
hey guys! ok cool, i m coming in tomorrow morning!!

Am 27.12.14 14:30, schrieb panayotis antoniadis:
> 
> We have just gathered (Sarah, Andreas, and I) at the restaurant. Our 
> assembly table is
> too small (10 seats for Freifunk, DIYISP, offline networks, and one more
> assembly), so I guess we will be self-organizing in different spaces 
> during the conference.
> 
> The good thing with RaspberryPi-based offline networks is that they can 
> be nomadic :-)
> 
> By the way, except from Aram, is there anyone else at 313C?
> 
> (If there is no dramatic change in the membership of our assembly I 
> guess that one of
> our key tasks will be to organize the event at the foyer of transmediale 
> ... )
> 
> 
> 
> 
> On 27.12.2014 13:11, addie wagenknecht wrote:
>> yeah I am out too this year... :(
>>
>>
> 
> 

Re: [off.networks] 31c3

From:
Bezdomny
Date:
2014-12-27 @ 18:19
Good to hear we are present, also looking forward to meeting so many of 
you at TM in Berlin!


On Dec 27, 2014, at 15:55, Aram Bartholl <bartholl@datenform.de> wrote:

> hey guys! ok cool, i m coming in tomorrow morning!!
> 
> Am 27.12.14 14:30, schrieb panayotis antoniadis:
>> 
>> We have just gathered (Sarah, Andreas, and I) at the restaurant. Our 
>> assembly table is
>> too small (10 seats for Freifunk, DIYISP, offline networks, and one more
>> assembly), so I guess we will be self-organizing in different spaces 
>> during the conference.
>> 
>> The good thing with RaspberryPi-based offline networks is that they can 
>> be nomadic :-)
>> 
>> By the way, except from Aram, is there anyone else at 313C?
>> 
>> (If there is no dramatic change in the membership of our assembly I 
>> guess that one of
>> our key tasks will be to organize the event at the foyer of transmediale 
>> ... )
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> On 27.12.2014 13:11, addie wagenknecht wrote:
>>> yeah I am out too this year... :(
>>> 
>>> 
>> 
>> 

Re: [off.networks] 31c3

From:
David Darts
Date:
2014-12-27 @ 13:46
I wish I could join you at 31C3 but I will be attending Transmediale next
month and look forward to assembling with you then ;)

David
--




On Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 5:30 PM, panayotis antoniadis <panayotis@nethood.org
> wrote:

>
> We have just gathered (Sarah, Andreas, and I) at the restaurant. Our
> assembly table is
> too small (10 seats for Freifunk, DIYISP, offline networks, and one more
> assembly), so I guess we will be self-organizing in different spaces
> during the conference.
>
> The good thing with RaspberryPi-based offline networks is that they can
> be nomadic :-)
>
> By the way, except from Aram, is there anyone else at 313C?
>
> (If there is no dramatic change in the membership of our assembly I
> guess that one of
> our key tasks will be to organize the event at the foyer of transmediale
> ... )
>
>
>
>
> On 27.12.2014 13:11, addie wagenknecht wrote:
> > yeah I am out too this year... :(
> >
> >
>
>

Re: [off.networks] 31c3

From:
Andreas Unteidig
Date:
2014-11-26 @ 10:32
I will be there. I agree that the UX perspective would be very interesting
to discuss (how do we get people outside a community bubble to use and 
understand it?). Furthermore, I’d love to come up with some use scenarios 
that possibly exceed the ways off.networks are applied to date with 
emphasis on the social/political dimensions around it. Bezdomny’s recent 
thought in the „manifesto“ would make an interesting start for that.



> Am 25.11.2014 um 23:16 schrieb Panayotis Antoniadis <panayotis@nethood.org>:
> 
> also Jonathan Baldwin and Andreas Unteidig said they might come and with
Jonathan we agreed on twitter that usability and customization are 
important topics to discuss/act upon at c1c3.
> 
> Normal ticket costs 100euro. We need also an IRC channel for event 
organization :-)
> 
> On Nov 25, 2014 10:40 PM, panayotis antoniadis <panayotis@nethood.org> wrote:
>> 
>> 
>> For 313C, I think that confirmed participants are: 
>> Panayotis Antoniadis (just bought my ticket!) 
>> Aram Bartholl 
>> Sarah Grant 
>> Ben, Kei and Lauren (from unMonastery among other things) 
>> 
>> And there is a chance for: 
>> Daphne Dragona 
>> David Darts 
>> 
>> I guess that the important task would be to meet each other in person, 
>> discuss how 
>> we can work as a "community" (whatever this means), and perhaps try to 
>> implement 
>> fast a concrete idea that could be tried at the 313C or somewhere close 
>> by :-) 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> P.S. It seems that there is no obvious way to check who has subscribed 
>> in the list if they 
>> don't participate. I have sent a related question to the developer of 
>> librelist.com. 
>> (Perhaps the idea is that this shouldn't be perceived as a typical 
>> e-mail list but as a 
>> public discussion that anyone can "listen" to. I think that I could like 
>> this but it is good to 
>> know how it works) 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> On 25.11.2014 22:19, Matthias Strubel wrote: 
>>> Hey guys, 
>>> this should be the first discussion thread about the 31c3. 
>>> 
>>> Link dump: 
>>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:FAQ 
>>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Main_Page 
>>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Assemblies 
>>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Self-organized_Sessions 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> We ended up on the last thread with the following question: 
>>> 
>>> Should we create something official or remain in official? 
>>> Has anyone experiences with Assemblies or self-organized Sessions? 
>>> 
>>> my questions: 
>>> 
>>> Do you have topics you want to do or discuss? 
>>> how many are coming to 31c3 from this list? 
>>> 
>>> And I'm discussing at home, if I can step over for one 
day->evening->night  and drive back home the other day. 
>>> If we have some things we want to discuss or play with, do you think 
it is possible to focus the "most"(1) of them on day? 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> regards Matthias 
>>> 
>>> (1) or only a few.. it is important for me, that I won't step over one
day and be useless for our topic :) 
>> 

Re: [off.networks] 31c3

From:
Sarah Grant
Date:
2014-11-26 @ 19:04
Just wanted to chime in here and say that I think usability is of 
paramount importance when it comes to making this sort of technology 
understandable and non-intimidating to people outside of the art/tech 
community. It is something I wished to address with subnodes (although I 
have a lot more work to do in that regard). Coming up with different user 
scenarios and designing the experience + UI around those would be great 
for getting the general public involved, at least as users.



> On Nov 26, 2014, at 5:32 AM, Andreas Unteidig 
<andreas.unteidig@udk-berlin.de> wrote:
> 
> I will be there. I agree that the UX perspective would be very 
interesting to discuss (how do we get people outside a community bubble to
use and understand it?). Furthermore, I’d love to come up with some use 
scenarios that possibly exceed the ways off.networks are applied to date 
with emphasis on the social/political dimensions around it. Bezdomny’s 
recent thought in the „manifesto“ would make an interesting start for 
that.
> 
> 
> 
>> Am 25.11.2014 um 23:16 schrieb Panayotis Antoniadis <panayotis@nethood.org>:
>> 
>> also Jonathan Baldwin and Andreas Unteidig said they might come and 
with Jonathan we agreed on twitter that usability and customization are 
important topics to discuss/act upon at c1c3.
>> 
>> Normal ticket costs 100euro. We need also an IRC channel for event 
organization :-)
>> 
>> On Nov 25, 2014 10:40 PM, panayotis antoniadis <panayotis@nethood.org> wrote:
>>> 
>>> 
>>> For 313C, I think that confirmed participants are: 
>>> Panayotis Antoniadis (just bought my ticket!) 
>>> Aram Bartholl 
>>> Sarah Grant 
>>> Ben, Kei and Lauren (from unMonastery among other things) 
>>> 
>>> And there is a chance for: 
>>> Daphne Dragona 
>>> David Darts 
>>> 
>>> I guess that the important task would be to meet each other in person, 
>>> discuss how 
>>> we can work as a "community" (whatever this means), and perhaps try to 
>>> implement 
>>> fast a concrete idea that could be tried at the 313C or somewhere close 
>>> by :-) 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> P.S. It seems that there is no obvious way to check who has subscribed 
>>> in the list if they 
>>> don't participate. I have sent a related question to the developer of 
>>> librelist.com. 
>>> (Perhaps the idea is that this shouldn't be perceived as a typical 
>>> e-mail list but as a 
>>> public discussion that anyone can "listen" to. I think that I could like 
>>> this but it is good to 
>>> know how it works) 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> On 25.11.2014 22:19, Matthias Strubel wrote: 
>>>> Hey guys, 
>>>> this should be the first discussion thread about the 31c3. 
>>>> 
>>>> Link dump: 
>>>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:FAQ 
>>>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Main_Page 
>>>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Assemblies 
>>>> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Self-organized_Sessions 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> We ended up on the last thread with the following question: 
>>>> 
>>>> Should we create something official or remain in official? 
>>>> Has anyone experiences with Assemblies or self-organized Sessions? 
>>>> 
>>>> my questions: 
>>>> 
>>>> Do you have topics you want to do or discuss? 
>>>> how many are coming to 31c3 from this list? 
>>>> 
>>>> And I'm discussing at home, if I can step over for one 
day->evening->night  and drive back home the other day. 
>>>> If we have some things we want to discuss or play with, do you think 
it is possible to focus the "most"(1) of them on day? 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> regards Matthias 
>>>> 
>>>> (1) or only a few.. it is important for me, that I won't step over 
one day and be useless for our topic :) 
>>> 
> 

Re: [off.networks] 31c3

From:
Bezdomny
Date:
2014-11-25 @ 21:51
How much does ticket cost?
On Nov 25, 2014 11:40 PM, "panayotis antoniadis" <panayotis@nethood.org>
wrote:

>
> For 313C, I think that confirmed participants are:
> Panayotis Antoniadis (just bought my ticket!)
> Aram Bartholl
> Sarah Grant
> Ben, Kei and Lauren (from unMonastery among other things)
>
> And there is a chance for:
> Daphne Dragona
> David Darts
>
> I guess that the important task would be to meet each other in person,
> discuss how
> we can work as a "community" (whatever this means), and perhaps try to
> implement
> fast a concrete idea that could be tried at the 313C or somewhere close
> by :-)
>
>
>
> P.S. It seems that there is no obvious way to check who has subscribed
> in the list if they
> don't participate. I have sent a related question to the developer of
> librelist.com.
> (Perhaps the idea is that this shouldn't be perceived as a typical
> e-mail list but as a
> public discussion that anyone can "listen" to. I think that I could like
> this but it is good to
> know how it works)
>
>
>
> On 25.11.2014 22:19, Matthias Strubel wrote:
> > Hey guys,
> > this should be the first discussion thread about the 31c3.
> >
> > Link dump:
> > https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:FAQ
> > https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Main_Page
> > https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Assemblies
> > https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Self-organized_Sessions
> >
> >
> > We ended up on the last thread with the following question:
> >
> > Should we create something official or remain in official?
> > Has anyone experiences with Assemblies or self-organized Sessions?
> >
> > my questions:
> >
> > Do you have topics you want to do or discuss?
> > how many are coming to 31c3 from this list?
> >
> > And I'm discussing at home, if I can step over for one
> day->evening->night  and drive back home the other day.
> > If we have some things we want to discuss or play with, do you think it
> is possible to focus the "most"(1) of them on day?
> >
> >
> > regards Matthias
> >
> > (1) or only a few.. it is important for me, that I won't step over one
> day and be useless for our topic :)
>
>