librelist archives

« back to archive

YOu've been nugged

YOu've been nugged

From:
Yavor Atanasov
Date:
2011-04-28 @ 16:50

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal
views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in 
reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.
					

Re: [nug] YOu've been nugged

From:
Tom Yandell
Date:
2011-04-28 @ 19:07
Heh. Welcome. Who's in the Nug? hands up. Don't think I'll get to work on
node stuff until Sunday (maybe a little today or tomorrow morning), but in
the meantime here are some node projects I am actively working on:

https://github.com/tomyan/breakbeat
https://github.com/tomyan/use.no.de
https://github.com/tomyan/litmus.js
https://github.com/tomyan/spectrum.js
https://github.com/tomyan/proton.js
https://github.com/tomyan/micro.js
https://github.com/tomyan/swipe.js (maybe)

Stuff I using or planning on using:

https://github.com/kriszyp/promised-io
https://github.com/kriszyp/jsgi-node
http://socket.io/
http://millermedeiros.github.com/js-signals/
http://documentcloud.github.com/underscore/
http://requirejs.org/

Stuff that I'd like to do:

- create a micro project that renders haruki api docs in a way you can embed
in any proton site.
- add bdd features to litmus.js
- test and document everything
- make proton so that it will automatically reload code when the appropriate
switch is passed (hopefully by forking per request rather than watching
files change)
- make barlesque work on node.js via conversion scripts using breakbeat.

maybe a little out there in places

What's everyone else doing/thinking of?

Tom



On 28 April 2011 17:50, Yavor Atanasov <Yavor.Atanasov@bbc.co.uk> wrote:

>
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk
> This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal
> views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
> If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
> Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance
> on it and notify the sender immediately.
> Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
> Further communication will signify your consent to this.
>

Re: [nug] YOu've been nugged

From:
Michael
Date:
2011-04-28 @ 19:21
On 28 Apr 2011, at 20:07, Tom Yandell <tom@yandell.me.uk> wrote:

> make barlesque work on node.js via conversion scripts using breakbeat.

:O

Re: [nug] YOu've been nugged

From:
Richard Hodgson
Date:
2011-04-28 @ 21:32
I think I'll dedicate some time to getting use.no.de a little more 
polished this weekend. 

On 28 Apr 2011, at 20:21, Michael <micmath@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 28 Apr 2011, at 20:07, Tom Yandell <tom@yandell.me.uk> wrote:
> 
>> make barlesque work on node.js via conversion scripts using breakbeat.
> 
> :O

Re: [nug] YOu've been nugged

From:
Tom Yandell
Date:
2011-04-29 @ 07:07
Cool. I pushed litmus v0.1.0 to npm. You can see it in action by checking it
out and running:

npm link
litmus tests/suite.js

Would be good to get feedback and/or know about any issues. Hoping to beef
up the testing of micro/proton/etc. and add docs for litmus soon.

Tom

On 28 April 2011 22:32, Richard Hodgson <rightaboutnow@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I'll dedicate some time to getting use.no.de a little more
> polished this weekend.
>
> On 28 Apr 2011, at 20:21, Michael <micmath@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 28 Apr 2011, at 20:07, Tom Yandell <tom@yandell.me.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> make barlesque work on node.js via conversion scripts using breakbeat.
> >
> > :O
>

Re: [nug] YOu've been nugged

From:
Michael Mathews
Date:
2011-04-29 @ 09:49
I'm busy waiting to see what the royal bridesmaids are going to wear, of 
course. But after that I have a few "little projects" to work on this 
weekend. First on the list is to move all my personal web sites off of the
shared hosting server they are currently on and over to a VPS I'm setting 
up. The most important site being "usejsdoc.org," which will grow into the
main source of user guides for JSDoc over the next few months.

I pay for this new VPS based on the RAM it uses so I want it to be 
extremely lightweight and nimble (I'm a cheap bastard), therefore I've 
decided to ditch bloated old Apache2, and use a tiny-little node-based 
server instead. So I'm gonna try to build a little proxy/server using 
proton. The content for usejsdoc.org is purely static at the moment (and 
will probably always be so) but it is generated via a build script from 
templates, which I want to convert to spectrum. Eventually I want to 
follow the same model that howtonode.org follows, where anyone can fork 
the site and add content.

That should be easy right? Oh, also I am taking careful notes throughout 
this entire process and will convert them to blog entries about how to get
started using proton and spectrum. I may be asking for your help at some 
point :)

-- 
Michael Mathews
On Friday, 29 April 2011 at 08:07, Tom Yandell wrote: 
> Cool. I pushed litmus v0.1.0 to npm. You can see it in action by 
checking it out and running:
> 
> npm link
> litmus tests/suite.js
> 
> Would be good to get feedback and/or know about any issues. Hoping to 
beef up the testing of micro/proton/etc. and add docs for litmus soon. 
> 
> Tom
> 
> On 28 April 2011 22:32, Richard Hodgson <rightaboutnow@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  I think I'll dedicate some time to getting use.no.de a little more 
polished this weekend.
> > 
> >  On 28 Apr 2011, at 20:21, Michael <micmath@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 
> > > On 28 Apr 2011, at 20:07, Tom Yandell <tom@yandell.me.uk> wrote:
> > >
> > >> make barlesque work on node.js via conversion scripts using breakbeat.
> > >
> > > :O
> > 
> 

Re: [nug] YOu've been nugged

From:
Michael Mathews
Date:
2011-04-29 @ 10:10
Oh and obviously I want to convert JSDoc from Rhino to Node. Just need a 
JS to AST parser that preserves comments.

-- 
Michael Mathews
On Friday, 29 April 2011 at 10:49, Michael Mathews wrote: 
> I'm busy waiting to see what the royal bridesmaids are going to wear, of
course. But after that I have a few "little projects" to work on this 
weekend. First on the list is to move all my personal web sites off of the
shared hosting server they are currently on and over to a VPS I'm setting 
up. The most important site being "usejsdoc.org," which will grow into the
main source of user guides for JSDoc over the next few months.
> 
> I pay for this new VPS based on the RAM it uses so I want it to be 
extremely lightweight and nimble (I'm a cheap bastard), therefore I've 
decided to ditch bloated old Apache2, and use a tiny-little node-based 
server instead. So I'm gonna try to build a little proxy/server using 
proton. The content for usejsdoc.org is purely static at the moment (and 
will probably always be so) but it is generated via a build script from 
templates, which I want to convert to spectrum. Eventually I want to 
follow the same model that howtonode.org follows, where anyone can fork 
the site and add content.
> 
> That should be easy right? Oh, also I am taking careful notes throughout
this entire process and will convert them to blog entries about how to get
started using proton and spectrum. I may be asking for your help at some 
point :)
> 
> -- 
> Michael Mathews
> On Friday, 29 April 2011 at 08:07, Tom Yandell wrote:
> > Cool. I pushed litmus v0.1.0 to npm. You can see it in action by 
checking it out and running:
> > 
> > npm link
> > litmus tests/suite.js
> > 
> > Would be good to get feedback and/or know about any issues. Hoping to 
beef up the testing of micro/proton/etc. and add docs for litmus soon. 
> > 
> > Tom
> > 
> > On 28 April 2011 22:32, Richard Hodgson <rightaboutnow@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >  I think I'll dedicate some time to getting use.no.de a little more 
polished this weekend.
> > > 
> > >  On 28 Apr 2011, at 20:21, Michael <micmath@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > 
> > > > On 28 Apr 2011, at 20:07, Tom Yandell <tom@yandell.me.uk> wrote:
> > > >
> > > >> make barlesque work on node.js via conversion scripts using breakbeat.
> > > >
> > > > :O
> > > 
> > 
> 

Re: [nug] YOu've been nugged

From:
Richard Hodgson
Date:
2011-04-28 @ 16:58
Dude, you signed up with your THE MAN email address.

On 28 April 2011 17:50, Yavor Atanasov <Yavor.Atanasov@bbc.co.uk> wrote:
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk
> This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal
> views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
> If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
> Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance
> on it and notify the sender immediately.
> Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
> Further communication will signify your consent to this.