librelist archives

« back to archive

Adding archive pages

Adding archive pages

From:
Daniel OConnell
Date:
2013-06-02 @ 00:26
Hello,
Could someone explain how I would go about adding an archive link and page
type to my site like at effect if.com?

Thanks,
Dan

Re: [nesta] Adding archive pages

From:
Graham Ashton
Date:
2013-06-03 @ 10:34
On 2 Jun 2013, at 01:26, Daniel OConnell <dko@mac.com> wrote:

> Could someone explain how I would go about adding an archive link and 
page type to my site like at effect if.com?

I've just written this and haven't had chance to go through it to check 
it, so let me know if there seems to be a bit missing.

http://nestacms.com/docs/recipes/adding-links-to-archived-posts

I wrote it based on the commit that I created when I added the page to 
effectif.com...

-- 
Graham Ashton
Founder, Agile Planner
https://www.agileplannerapp.com | @agileplanner | @grahamashton

Re: [nesta] Adding archive pages

From:
Daniel OConnell
Date:
2013-06-04 @ 23:31
Hi Graham,

Copy pasted exactly but getting NameError at /
undefined local variable or method `article_years' for 
#<Nesta::App:0x007fd42c3cff98>
	• file: years.haml
 
	• location: evaluate_source 
	• line: 4error:

/Users/dko/nesta/pure-coast-2022/views/years.haml in evaluate_source
    - article_years.each do |year|
/Users/dko/nesta/pure-coast-2022/views/sidebar.haml in evaluate_source
  = haml :years, :layout => false
/Users/dko/nesta/pure-coast-2022/views/page.haml in evaluate_source
= haml :sidebar, :layout => false

/Users/dko/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p194/lib/ruby/1.9.1/webrick/httpserver.rb
in service
      si.service(req, res)
/Users/dko/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p194/lib/ruby/1.9.1/webrick/httpserver.rb in run
          server.service(req, res)
/Users/dko/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p194/lib/ruby/1.9.1/webrick/server.rb in
block in start_thread
          block ? block.call(sock) : run(sock)

I looked at those files and they look fine. 

Thanks,
Dan


On Jun 3, 2013, at 4:34 AM, Graham Ashton <graham@effectif.com> wrote:

> On 2 Jun 2013, at 01:26, Daniel OConnell <dko@mac.com> wrote:
> 
>> Could someone explain how I would go about adding an archive link and 
page type to my site like at effect if.com?
> 
> I've just written this and haven't had chance to go through it to check 
it, so let me know if there seems to be a bit missing.
> 
> http://nestacms.com/docs/recipes/adding-links-to-archived-posts
> 
> I wrote it based on the commit that I created when I added the page to 
effectif.com...
> 
> -- 
> Graham Ashton
> Founder, Agile Planner
> https://www.agileplannerapp.com | @agileplanner | @grahamashton
> 

Re: [nesta] Adding archive pages

From:
Graham Ashton
Date:
2013-06-02 @ 05:59
On 2 Jun 2013, at 01:26, Daniel OConnell <dko@mac.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> Could someone explain how I would go about adding an archive link and 
page type to my site like at effect if.com?

I've been meaning to write that up for a while. I'll get back to you shortly...

Re: [nesta] Adding archive pages

From:
Daniel OConnell
Date:
2013-06-02 @ 15:18
Thank you Graham!

On Jun 1, 2013, at 11:59 PM, Graham Ashton <graham@effectif.com> wrote:

> On 2 Jun 2013, at 01:26, Daniel OConnell <dko@mac.com> wrote:
> 
>> Hello,
>> Could someone explain how I would go about adding an archive link and 
page type to my site like at effect if.com?
> 
> I've been meaning to write that up for a while. I'll get back to you shortly...