keep comments from appearing on pages

keep comments from appearing on pages

Daniel OConnell
2013-06-10 @ 21:57
Hello can someone please re-explain how to flag a page(s) as uncommented
to keep comments from appearing on page.

I've tried without success to follow the thread on the list @  bit.ly/190XOM4

Thanks,
Daniel

Daniel OConnell
2013-06-10 @ 22:23
Hi baby leaving bozeman

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 10, 2013, at 3:57 PM, Daniel OConnell <dko@mac.com> wrote:

> Hello can someone please re-explain how to flag a page(s) as uncommented
to keep comments from appearing on page.
> I've tried without success to follow the thread on the list @  bit.ly/190XOM4
> Thanks,
> Daniel

Brian Gonzalez
2013-06-10 @ 22:24
Lulz.

On Monday, June 10, 2013, Daniel OConnell wrote:

> Hi baby leaving bozeman
> Sent from my iPhone
> On Jun 10, 2013, at 3:57 PM, Daniel OConnell
<dko@mac.com<javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', 'dko@mac.com');>>
> wrote:
> Hello can someone please re-explain how to flag a page(s) as uncommented
> to keep comments from appearing on page.
> I've tried without success to follow the thread on the list @
> bit.ly/190XOM4
> Thanks,
> Daniel

Daniel OConnell
2013-06-10 @ 22:26
The dangers of having wifey share email account LOL!

On Jun 10, 2013, at 4:23 PM, Daniel OConnell <dko@mac.com> wrote:

> Hi baby leaving bozeman
> Sent from my iPhone
> On Jun 10, 2013, at 3:57 PM, Daniel OConnell <dko@mac.com> wrote:
>> Hello can someone please re-explain how to flag a page(s) as
uncommented to keep comments from appearing on page.
>> I've tried without success to follow the thread on the list @  bit.ly/190XOM4
>> Thanks,
>> Daniel

Graham Ashton
2013-06-10 @ 22:29
On 10 Jun 2013, at 22:57, Daniel OConnell <dko@mac.com> wrote:

> Hello can someone please re-explain how to flag a page(s) as uncommented
to keep comments from appearing on page.
> I've tried without success to follow the thread on the list @  bit.ly/190XOM4

Before I launch into a big explanation, can I just check which pages you
want to remove comments from?

I was fairly surprised to notice recently that all pages had comments by
default, and couldn't see why I hadn't implemented it so that they only
appeared on articles (i.e. pages with a date).

So I changed it a few weeks ago; in the next release they'll only appear
on pages with a date by default (but people who still want them to show up
everywhere will be able to set that up easily too).

If you want to use that code now, follow these instructions:

If, instead, you really just want to disable comments on a couple of
specific pages, we'll need to tweak some of the code in your site slightly
to setup the flags approach. It's easy, and I'll talk you through it
(though that's easier to talk about if I can see your code, so ping me a
URL if it's publicly accessible).

Graham Ashton
Founder, Agile Planner
https://www.agileplannerapp.com | @agileplanner | @grahamashton

Daniel OConnell
2013-06-10 @ 22:52
Graham,

On Jun 10, 2013, at 4:29 PM, Graham Ashton <graham@effectif.com> wrote:

> On 10 Jun 2013, at 22:57, Daniel OConnell <dko@mac.com> wrote:
>> Hello can someone please re-explain how to flag a page(s) as
uncommented to keep comments from appearing on page.
> Before I launch into a big explanation, can I just check which pages you
want to remove comments from?

I would like my Category pages to be without comments. So probably for or
five pages right now. Still building site.

> If you want to use that code now, follow these instructions:
> http://nestacms.com/docs/recipes/running-the-latest-code

Do I have to rebuild my project?

> If, instead, you really just want to disable comments on a couple of
specific pages, we'll need to tweak some of the code in your site slightly
to setup the flags approach. It's easy, and I'll talk you through it
(though that's easier to talk about if I can see your code, so ping me a
URL if it's publicly accessible).

I could go this route if it means keeping my present project intact. My
site is at heroku, If necessary I can set you up as a collaborator.
 Please email me off list you need me to.

Thanks,
Daniel

Graham Ashton
2013-06-10 @ 22:58
On 10 Jun 2013, at 23:52, Daniel OConnell <dko@mac.com> wrote:

> I would like my Category pages to be without comments. So probably for
or five pages right now. Still building site.

It sounds like you should just switch to the latest version of the code
for now; I think it'll do what you want.

>> If you want to use that code now, follow these instructions:
>> http://nestacms.com/docs/recipes/running-the-latest-code
> Do I have to rebuild my project?

Have a read of that page. You need to edit Gemfile, then run a command and
push the change to Heroku. It should only take a couple of minutes. When
you get to the bit about branches, you want the master branch.

Graham Ashton
Founder, Agile Planner
https://www.agileplannerapp.com | @agileplanner | @grahamashton

Daniel OConnell
2013-06-10 @ 23:25
Sorry to be so thick. Running the latest but still no love. Pages (even
newly created without dates) still showing comments.
Strangley comments.haml is unchanged.

Please advise

On Jun 10, 2013, at 4:58 PM, Graham Ashton <graham@effectif.com> wrote:

> On 10 Jun 2013, at 23:52, Daniel OConnell <dko@mac.com> wrote:
>> I would like my Category pages to be without comments. So probably for
or five pages right now. Still building site.
> It sounds like you should just switch to the latest version of the code
for now; I think it'll do what you want.
>>> If you want to use that code now, follow these instructions:
>>> http://nestacms.com/docs/recipes/running-the-latest-code
>> Do I have to rebuild my project?
> Have a read of that page. You need to edit Gemfile, then run a command
and push the change to Heroku. It should only take a couple of minutes.
When you get to the bit about branches, you want the master branch.
> Graham Ashton
> Founder, Agile Planner
> https://www.agileplannerapp.com | @agileplanner | @grahamashton

Daniel OConnell
2013-06-10 @ 23:31
Ok. Simple copy paste from comments.haml at git hub repo did the trick.
Might be a good idea to update the docs on this caveat to running the
latest.
That is until the latest comes out :)

Cheers,
Daniel

On Jun 10, 2013, at 5:25 PM, Daniel OConnell <dko@mac.com> wrote:

> Sorry to be so thick. Running the latest but still no love. Pages (even
newly created without dates) still showing comments.
> Strangley comments.haml is unchanged.
> Please advise
> On Jun 10, 2013, at 4:58 PM, Graham Ashton <graham@effectif.com> wrote:
>> On 10 Jun 2013, at 23:52, Daniel OConnell <dko@mac.com> wrote:
>>> I would like my Category pages to be without comments. So probably for
or five pages right now. Still building site.
>> It sounds like you should just switch to the latest version of the code
for now; I think it'll do what you want.
>>>> If you want to use that code now, follow these instructions:
>>>>
>>>> http://nestacms.com/docs/recipes/running-the-latest-code
>>> Do I have to rebuild my project?
>> Have a read of that page. You need to edit Gemfile, then run a command
and push the change to Heroku. It should only take a couple of minutes.
When you get to the bit about branches, you want the master branch.
>> --
>> Graham Ashton
>> Founder, Agile Planner
>> https://www.agileplannerapp.com | @agileplanner | @grahamashton

Graham Ashton
2013-06-10 @ 23:55
On 11 Jun 2013, at 00:31, Daniel OConnell <dko@mac.com> wrote:

> Ok. Simple copy paste from comments.haml at git hub repo did the trick.
Might be a good idea to update the docs on this caveat to running the
latest.

Sorry, I didn't realise you weren't using the Haml templates that are in
the gem (rather than copying them into ./views).

Graham Ashton
Founder, Agile Planner
https://www.agileplannerapp.com | @agileplanner | @grahamashton

Daniel OConnell
2013-06-11 @ 07:04
No worries. Thanks for the prompt attention/support.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 10, 2013, at 5:55 PM, Graham Ashton <graham@effectif.com> wrote:

> On 11 Jun 2013, at 00:31, Daniel OConnell <dko@mac.com> wrote:
>> Ok. Simple copy paste from comments.haml at git hub repo did the trick.
Might be a good idea to update the docs on this caveat to running the
latest.
> Sorry, I didn't realise you weren't using the Haml templates that are in
the gem (rather than copying them into ./views).
> Graham Ashton
> Founder, Agile Planner
> https://www.agileplannerapp.com | @agileplanner | @grahamashton

Jake Subs
2013-06-11 @ 09:34
On 10 June 2013 23:29, Graham Ashton <graham@effectif.com> wrote:
>  in the next release they'll only appear on pages with a date by default
(but people who still want them to show up everywhere will be able to set
that up easily too).
> If you want to use that code now, follow these instructions:
> http://nestacms.com/docs/recipes/running-the-latest-code

Thanks for this, I've just enabled comments and noticed that everyone
could comment on everything everywhere. Site running latest code with
no problems now.

What I did notice was that Disqus now have a "Discovery" box (read
"Advertising").

You can turn it off in your disqus settings tab here:
/admin/settings/discovery/

cheers, Jake

[~] Jake Rayson
[w] www.jrayson.co.uk
[e] subs@growdigital.org
[t] @growdigital

Daniel OConnell
2013-06-11 @ 17:46
Thanks for the tip. Good to know.

On Jun 11, 2013, at 3:34 AM, Jake Subs <subs@growdigital.org> wrote:

> What I did notice was that Disqus now have a "Discovery" box (read
> "Advertising").
> You can turn it off in your disqus settings tab here:
> /admin/settings/discovery/