Re: [nesta] Nesta 0.9.2
- Wynn Netherland
- 2011-01-10 @ 15:27
Awesome, thanks for the changes.
I noticed in both 0.9.1 an 0.9.2 the heroku task in the Rakefile seems
to have a syntax error in the neighborhood of line 22. At first glance
I didn't understand the intended logic in order to fix.
twitter / skype / facebook: pengwynn
On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 4:56 AM, Graham Ashton <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I just pushed a new release of the Nesta gem and added a change log so
you can see what's new:
> I'm hoping to get new docs and a new site up for review tomorrow.
> Have we got any volunteers to spend half an hour taking a look and
trying out the basic instructions? Let me know if you can spare the time
and I'll send you a link to the new site before it goes live.
> There have been 80 downloads of the gem so far, which is a bit of a
surprise given that it isn't mentioned on the web site, so some of you are
clearly kicking the tyres. Thanks for that.
> Unless somebody finds a nasty bug in the next few days, 0.9.2 will be
the first version of the gem that "goes live".
> One last thing - I've upgraded some dependencies in 0.9.2, and the Atom
feed no longer works under Ruby 1.9.1. It's caused by an encoding bug in
1.9.1, so either 1.8.7 or 1.9.2 are recommended.
Re: [nesta] Nesta 0.9.2
- Graham Ashton
- 2011-01-10 @ 16:00
On 10 Jan 2011, at 15:27, Wynn Netherland wrote:
> I noticed in both 0.9.1 an 0.9.2 the heroku task in the Rakefile seems
> to have a syntax error in the neighborhood of line 22. At first glance
> I didn't understand the intended logic in order to fix.
Good spot, thanks. It's an unnecessary if statement that's breaking it.
I've made a ticket.
I think I'll rename the --heroku switch, as you don't actually need it to
deploy to heroku.
It enables you to deploy an app without committing the contents of
config.yml, which some people felt fairly strongly about when they were
deploying from public repos. I'm thinking of renaming it to
--heroku-env-vars. While investigating the syntax error I noticed that it
should also imply --git (Heroku requires it), and that it's missing a
require statement. So that'll be in 0.9.3.
Once I've got the new site sorted I'll be onto proper plugin support
(plugins will be gems), writing page metadata as YAML (optional, probably
as a plugin) and generic support for querying APIs while rendering a page
(a nifty idea of Wynn's).