librelist archives

« back to archive

Exporting all member's email

Exporting all member's email

From:
Ariel Nunez
Date:
2012-05-22 @ 15:42
Hello,

I would like to know how to export all the subscribed emails from a
given group. I did a grep on the archives and was able to get anyone
who had sent messages to the list but I am not sure if that includes
the subscription email.

Thanks in advance,
Ariel.

Re: Exporting all member's email

From:
Eric Wong
Date:
2012-05-22 @ 19:37
Ariel Nunez <ingenieroariel@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to know how to export all the subscribed emails from a
> given group. I did a grep on the archives and was able to get anyone
> who had sent messages to the list but I am not sure if that includes
> the subscription email.

That would be a privacy issue, there might be some subscribers that only
lurk.  I think Zed is the only one with access to subscriber lists.

Re: Exporting all member's email

From:
Ariel Nunez
Date:
2012-05-22 @ 19:47
Thanks for the answer, Eric.

This would mean it is not possible to migrate a list out of
librelist.com ? If so, that might be a good thing to add to the FAQ.
[1]

[1] http://librelist.com/faq.html

Thanks,
Ariel.

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Eric Wong <normalperson@yhbt.net> wrote:
> Ariel Nunez <ingenieroariel@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I would like to know how to export all the subscribed emails from a
>> given group. I did a grep on the archives and was able to get anyone
>> who had sent messages to the list but I am not sure if that includes
>> the subscription email.
>
> That would be a privacy issue, there might be some subscribers that only
> lurk.  I think Zed is the only one with access to subscriber lists.

Re: Exporting all member's email

From:
Eric Wong
Date:
2012-05-22 @ 21:40
Ariel Nunez <ingenieroariel@gmail.com> wrote:
> This would mean it is not possible to migrate a list out of
> librelist.com ? If so, that might be a good thing to add to the FAQ.

Obviously you can announce on the old list to get folks to resubscribe
to the new list.  Folks that don't pay attention to the list wouldn't be
missing much :)