librelist archives

« back to archive

thunderbird--how?

From:
Doug
Date:
2014-07-08 @ 16:31
Please forgive me if this is the second time this has appeared. After
the first time I sent it, I got another "Confirmation Required" from
librelist. I hope it gets thru this time.

I have just opened up Mint with the intention of using it--it has been
installed for a while now--and I realize that Thunderbird does not seem
to be readily available.
I have downloaded the compacted file from the Internet and decrypted it,
but now I don't know what to do next. It is a whole slew of files. How
do I go about installing this?

Please do not suggest that I use some other mail system. I have been
committed to Thunderbird for several years after being badly burned by a
Linux mail system and I
do not intend to let that happen again.

Thanx for your assistance--doug