[ANNOUNCE] libgit2 v0.15.0
- Vicent Marti
- 2011-10-05 @ 21:00
another minor libgit2 release is here. This time with proper
networking support, even on Windows/MSVC.
The release has been tagged at:
A dist package can be found at:
Updated documentation can be found at:
The full change log follows after the message.
libgit2 v0.15.0 "Das Wunderbar Release"
I am aware the codename is not gramatically correct in any language.
Check the COPYING file for the detailed terms on libgit2's license. Check
the AUTHORS file for the full list of guilty parties.
As we slowly stabilize the API, we've dropped 1 function from the library,
and changed the signature of only 5 of them.
In this release of libgit2:
* `git_blob_rawsize`: Now returns `size_t` instead of int, allowing
files >4GB in 64 bit systems.
- `git_commit_message_short`: Please use `git_commit_message`
to get the full message and decide which is the "short view" according
to your needs (first line, first 80 chars...)
+ `git_commit_message_encoding`: Returns the encoding field of a commit
message, if it exists.
* `git_commit_create`, `git_commit_create_v`: New argument `encoding`, which
adds a encoding field to the generated commit object.
+ `git_config_find_system`: Returns the path to the system's global config
file (according to the Core Git standards).
* `git_config_get_XX`, `git_config_set_XX`: the `long` and `int` types have
been replaced by `int64` and `int32` respectively, to make their meaning more
+ `git_indexer`: An interface to index Git Packfiles has been added in the
* `git_reflog_entry_XX`: Reflog entries are now returned as `git_oid *` objects
instead of hexadecimal OIDs.
+ `git_remote`: More fetch functionality has been added to the `git2/remote.h`
functionality. Local, Smart HTTP and Git protocols are now supported.
+ `git_repository_head`: Returns the HEAD of the repository.
+ `git_repository_config_autoload`: Opens the configuration file of a
including the user's and the system's global config files, if they
can be found.
* `git_signature_now`: Now returns an error code; the signature is stored by