[ANN] Leiningen 2.4.2
- Phil Hagelberg
- 2014-06-16 @ 04:07
I'm happy to announce the release of Leiningen 2.4.2.
Most of the changes are fixes to bugs uncovered in the 2.4.0
release. However, a couple tiny features snuck in.
The main one is that the file `pom.properties` originally only got
included in jars and uberjars, but now it's written in the "prep" phase
right before AOT/javac would happen. This allows you to use a single
strategy for getting your project version at runtime regardless of
whether you're in production with an uberjar or developing with
Leiningen, for example for automated issue reporting.
The other change is that the custom SSL handling code is only loaded if
you specify your own set of certificates you want to trust. We still
ship the (newly updated) Clojars certificate, but you have to add
`:certificates ["clojars.pom"]` to your user profile; otherwise it will
assume you have a non-broken CA store with your JDK and use that. This
will slightly improve boot time for most users at the cost of requiring
extra a change for users on mis-configured JDKs.
User-visible changes since 2.4.0:
* Don't commit untracked files in `lein vcs commit`.
* Expose `pom.properties` for access to version number during development.
* Fix a bug where `:mirrors` could not be configured.
* Only load Clojars SSL cert on-demand to improve boot time.
* Fix a bug preventing the release task from loading.
As usual, for those who manually installed `lein upgrade` will pull in
the latest, and `lein upgrade 2.4.0` will back it down to the previous
version if you run into any issues.
 - Leiningen 2.4.1 had a bug preventing out-of-project runs that was
caught five minutes after release.