librelist archives

« back to archive

Help if possible :)

Help if possible :)

From:
David Wolfe
Date:
2015-02-20 @ 10:46
Hi there,

I really like what I am seeing with Isso - on the demo site at least.

I have been running into a few problems of my own while trying to Isso to
work. Perhaps you could guide me in the correct direction or maybe these
questions could be useful in the future in your troubleshooting page.

I posted this comment on the demo site 'Getting stuck integrating with
another service using nginx and a bit confused by the embedded JS file. I
don't see a directory anywhere with the javascript file, any ideas where I
am going wrong?'

The fundamental questions I guess comes down to:
How do I know if my isso service is running correctly?.
Is there a way to ping the isso server on its own prior to integrating it
on a website?
How do I locate the necessary javascript files mentioned for the client
side?

These are probably pretty stupid questions but if you have time to answer
them it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
10:47 AM (0 minutes ago)
- David

Re: [isso] Help if possible :)

From:
Hong Xu
Date:
2015-02-20 @ 19:43
David Wolfe <david@ghost.org> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> I really like what I am seeing with Isso - on the demo site at least.
>
> I have been running into a few problems of my own while trying to Isso to
> work. Perhaps you could guide me in the correct direction or maybe these
> questions could be useful in the future in your troubleshooting page.
>
> I posted this comment on the demo site 'Getting stuck integrating with
> another service using nginx and a bit confused by the embedded JS file. I
> don't see a directory anywhere with the javascript file, any ideas where I
> am going wrong?'
>
> The fundamental questions I guess comes down to:
> How do I know if my isso service is running correctly?.

I think you can simply check the log, and also make sure isso is running
by inspecting processes running on the system.

> Is there a way to ping the isso server on its own prior to integrating it
> on a website?

Isso should be able to "run" without integrating to a site. You just
need to specify a dummy site URL. You can always test it loacally use
http://localhost:port_num

> How do I locate the necessary javascript files mentioned for the client
> side?

I guess you installed the package from source? In this case you need to
run `make js` to generate those minimized js files. Otherwise they
should be in `isso/js` directory.


Hong

Re: [isso] Help if possible :)

From:
David Wolfe
Date:
2015-02-21 @ 18:25
HI,

Thanks for getting back to me. I actually popped into irc and positiv as
able to point me in the right direction.

The problems i encountered were by using the easy_install method on a
digital ocean droplet so instead he advised me to create a user and use pip
-U install instead. It is very close to get it working but I am now trying
to find a way to make it for a site that has basic auth on it but it seems
like the auth credentials are not used or able to be set anywhere so this
is something I am looking at the moment.

Thank you for your time :)

- David

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 7:43 PM, Hong Xu <hong@topbug.net> wrote:

>
> David Wolfe <david@ghost.org> writes:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I really like what I am seeing with Isso - on the demo site at least.
> >
> > I have been running into a few problems of my own while trying to Isso to
> > work. Perhaps you could guide me in the correct direction or maybe these
> > questions could be useful in the future in your troubleshooting page.
> >
> > I posted this comment on the demo site 'Getting stuck integrating with
> > another service using nginx and a bit confused by the embedded JS file. I
> > don't see a directory anywhere with the javascript file, any ideas where
> I
> > am going wrong?'
> >
> > The fundamental questions I guess comes down to:
> > How do I know if my isso service is running correctly?.
>
> I think you can simply check the log, and also make sure isso is running
> by inspecting processes running on the system.
>
> > Is there a way to ping the isso server on its own prior to integrating it
> > on a website?
>
> Isso should be able to "run" without integrating to a site. You just
> need to specify a dummy site URL. You can always test it loacally use
> http://localhost:port_num
>
> > How do I locate the necessary javascript files mentioned for the client
> > side?
>
> I guess you installed the package from source? In this case you need to
> run `make js` to generate those minimized js files. Otherwise they
> should be in `isso/js` directory.
>
>
> Hong
>