librelist archives

« back to archive

Name

Name

From:
Jos Collin
Date:
2014-04-19 @ 15:46
Hi ilugcochin,

The name of the group or mailing-list can be 'ilug-cochin-sins', like 
windows7sins.org. Or "bad-ilug-cochin", like badvista.org. Where we will 
publish all the nasty things that the monopolized organization - 
"ILUG-Cochin.org" does.

Thanks,
-- 

Re: [ilugcochin] Name

From:
Pirate Praveen
Date:
2014-04-19 @ 17:46
On Saturday 19 April 2014 09:16 PM, Jos Collin wrote:
> Hi ilugcochin,
> 
> The name of the group or mailing-list can be 'ilug-cochin-sins', like
> windows7sins.org. Or "bad-ilug-cochin", like badvista.org. Where we will
> publish all the nasty things that the monopolized organization -
> "ILUG-Cochin.org" does.
> 
> Thanks,
> -- 

I think the community also has to share the blame. Why was no one
challenging all these bad practices? How did they get all these powers?

I think we don't have to focus on their bad things as the only reason to
start this. When we are denied all the avenues to speak our mind, we had
to break the wall and build a ground instead, where no everyone is free
to enter and play. Our focus should be freedom and free software.

We can just mention in the faq, why we started a new list. That's all is
needed I guess. They will be forgotten in the dustbins of history.

Re: [ilugcochin] Name

From:
Krishnan S
Date:
2014-04-19 @ 16:04
could not decode message

Re: [ilugcochin] Name

From:
Pirate Praveen
Date:
2014-04-20 @ 02:35
On Saturday 19 April 2014 09:34 PM, Krishnan S wrote:
> i wish to remind one and all with no offence to anyone in whatsoever manner.
> lets not make this a mudslinging mailing list. its has to be for the
> betterment of the community members in a transparent manner without any
> anonymous names and references. lets up hold the freedom for which the
> community gives us.
> no abuses please.

And if at all someone starts mudslinging (likely), the best solution is
to ignore them. Everyone is free to setup their own moderation with
personal filters, don't worry about other people getting offended. If at
all something goes beyond what is legal, we all have option of taking
the legal route.

Also freedom isn't cheap, it has a cost, tolerating stupid people is the
cost we pay for free speech.

Re: [ilugcochin] Name

From:
Jos Collin
Date:
2014-04-19 @ 16:16
First of all, who do you think you are ? I will say my opinions. Onnu 
poda pulle..

The same problem with this mailing-list too. There is no freedom to say 
opinions. I am quitting (only 15 minutes of stay in this group)

bye.

On 04/19/2014 09:34 PM, Krishnan S wrote:
> i wish to remind one and all with no offence to anyone in whatsoever 
> manner.
> lets not make this a mudslinging mailing list. its has to be for the 
> betterment of the community members in a transparent manner without 
> any anonymous names and references. lets up hold the freedom for which 
> the community gives us.
> no abuses please.
>
>
> On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 9:16 PM, Jos Collin <joscollin@gmail.com 
> <mailto:joscollin@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi ilugcochin,
>
>     The name of the group or mailing-list can be 'ilug-cochin-sins',
>     like windows7sins.org <http://windows7sins.org>. Or
>     "bad-ilug-cochin", like badvista.org <http://badvista.org>. Where
>     we will publish all the nasty things that the monopolized
>     organization - "ILUG-Cochin.org" does.
>
>     Thanks,
>     -- 
>
>
>
>
> -- 
> Regards,
> Krishnan.S
> ----------------------------------------------------
> 0 94470 17102
> linux user #521397
> ----------------------------------------------------

Re: [ilugcochin] Name

From:
Krishnan S
Date:
2014-04-20 @ 01:53
could not decode message

Re: [ilugcochin] Name

From:
Krishnan S
Date:
2014-04-20 @ 01:54
could not decode message

Re: [ilugcochin] Name

From:
Danial Jose
Date:
2014-04-19 @ 16:34
could not decode message

Re: [ilugcochin] Name

From:
Pirate Praveen
Date:
2014-04-19 @ 16:43
On Saturday 19 April 2014 09:46 PM, Jos Collin wrote:
> First of all, who do you think you are ? I will say my opinions. Onnu
> poda pulle..
> 
> The same problem with this mailing-list too. There is no freedom to say
> opinions. I am quitting (only 15 minutes of stay in this group)

So don't Krishnan have a place to say his opinion?

You can try and convince others about your point of view, but others
also have the same freedom.

I suggest we focus on building a vibrant Free Software community in Cochin.