Major Site Updates
- Zed A. Shaw
- 2009-11-22 @ 18:54
Just a quick announce telling everyone about the major site updates I
did for round 3. I've been sick this last week, which is why you
haven't heard much from me. I managed to get better in time to run
Round 3 and implement suggested changes from everyone:
* Flowplayer is now all over the place so you can play round and
* Everything is now singular pages, no more fake tabs going on.
* Rounds have a player that plays all the submissions so far along with
the submitter's picture while it's playing.
* Winnars page has a month's worth of past rounds, with links to the
rounds and links to start rating rounds, and links to each submission.
* Way better "blind taste-test" rating workflow. From the round, just
click "Start listening to and rating submissions" under the player and
you'll be able to walk through all of the ones you haven't heard yet,
rate them very fast, view comments after you rate them, and move on to
the next one.
* Submission pages have flowplayer to play the submission, are more
compact, and show either a login, a short rating/comment form, or the
comments so far in a compact way.
* You can easily view past submissions you're interested in by just
hitting the /winnars and clicking on their titles.
* If you just want to hear the round "album style" then use the player
on the round. Try it with round 2.
Alright, now I'm gonna write some shed posts on doing a good recording,
funk, and using fretwar. Let me know if you hit bugs in the above
Zed A. Shaw
Re: Major Site Updates
- Chad Woolley
- 2009-11-22 @ 23:40
On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Zed A. Shaw <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hey Folks,
> Just a quick announce telling everyone about the major site updates I
> did for round 3. I've been sick this last week, which is why you
> haven't heard much from me. I managed to get better in time to run
> Round 3 and implement suggested changes from everyone:
Cool, thanks for the work. When's the deadline? Midnight? I may not
make it, I haven't done anything yet, and I'm going out for my
birthday tonight. You should make it 6 AM PST on Monday for the real
procrastinators like me :)