librelist archives

« back to archive

Greetings

Greetings

From:
Jonathan
Date:
2013-05-09 @ 03:36
Jonathan here…this is my first nerdy book club. How exciting.

Bought the new Clojure MEAP at a 40% discount from manning. Good until May 14

Re: [foray] Greetings

From:
Don Morrison
Date:
2013-05-09 @ 22:35
Welcome Jonathon!  

Thanks for joining us. Make sure to swing by #probablywrong on Freenode if
you want chat. A few of us are lurking in there during the day.

We'll be scheduling the first of many Google Hangouts soon.

Don  


On Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 8:36 PM, Jonathan wrote:

> Jonathan here…this is my first nerdy book club. How exciting.
>  
> Bought the new Clojure MEAP at a 40% discount from manning. Good until May 14  

Re: [foray] Greetings

From:
Andrew Myers
Date:
2013-05-09 @ 23:12
Is the 1st edition adequate for this foray or do you recommend we get the MEAP?

On 10/05/2013, at 8:35 AM, Don Morrison <elskwid@wpw.so> wrote:

> Welcome Jonathon!  
> 
> Thanks for joining us. Make sure to swing by #probablywrong on Freenode 
if you want chat. A few of us are lurking in there during the day.
> 
> We'll be scheduling the first of many Google Hangouts soon.
> 
> Don  
> 
> 
> On Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 8:36 PM, Jonathan wrote:
> 
>> Jonathan here…this is my first nerdy book club. How exciting.
>> 
>> Bought the new Clojure MEAP at a 40% discount from manning. Good until May 14  
> 
> 

Re: [foray] Greetings

From:
Don Morrison
Date:
2013-05-09 @ 23:15
Andrew, 

On Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Andrew Myers wrote: 
> Is the 1st edition adequate for this foray or do you recommend we get the MEAP?

We updated the foray page to specifically state that we're using the first
edition. That said, we'll work with whatever you have (or can get). I have
both because there was a deal recently from Manning. 
http://wpw.so/forays/clojure 


Don

Re: [foray] Greetings

From:
Andrew Myers
Date:
2013-05-09 @ 23:16
Thanks for clarifying Don.

Regards,
Andrew.

On 10 May 2013 09:15, Don Morrison <elskwid@wpw.so> wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> On Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Andrew Myers wrote:
>> Is the 1st edition adequate for this foray or do you recommend we get the MEAP?
>
> We updated the foray page to specifically state that we're using the 
first edition. That said, we'll work with whatever you have (or can get). 
I have both because there was a deal recently from Manning. 
http://wpw.so/forays/clojure
>
>
> Don

Re: [foray] Greetings

From:
Charlie Griefer
Date:
2013-05-09 @ 23:29
When you buy the 2nd edition, you should also receive the first edition at
no additional cost.

On May 9, 2013, at 4:16 PM, Andrew Myers <am2605@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for clarifying Don.
> 
> Regards,
> Andrew.
> 
> On 10 May 2013 09:15, Don Morrison <elskwid@wpw.so> wrote:
>> Andrew,
>> 
>> On Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Andrew Myers wrote:
>>> Is the 1st edition adequate for this foray or do you recommend we get 
the MEAP?
>> 
>> We updated the foray page to specifically state that we're using the 
first edition. That said, we'll work with whatever you have (or can get). 
I have both because there was a deal recently from Manning. 
http://wpw.so/forays/clojure
>> 
>> 
>> Don

--
Charlie Griefer
http://charlie.griefer.com

"Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself." 
-- Desiderius Erasmus

Re: [foray] Greetings

From:
Don Morrison
Date:
2013-05-10 @ 15:36
Charlie, 


On Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Charlie Griefer wrote:

> When you buy the 2nd edition, you should also receive the first edition 
at no additional cost.

Thanks for that. I am sure that was the deal I was referring to but being 
old means I don't remember things. 

Don