librelist archives

« back to archive

Re: Wrong4Clojure

Re: Wrong4Clojure

From:
Sean Williamson
Date:
2013-05-22 @ 15:54
Hey everyone!

I put together a Github repo full of blank .clj files which correspond 
to the 4clojure website 
(https://github.com/probablywrong/wrong4clojure).  I was thinking that 
this gives us a place to post all of our solutions and discuss them.

My thoughts are that we can inline comment our own personal thought 
processes within our local copies of each file, and then discuss them in 
a pull request.  Does this work for everyone?

Sean

Re: [foray] RE: Wrong4Clojure

From:
i-blis
Date:
2013-05-22 @ 16:20
Very nice idea.

Would have been more convenient to handle had you used 001 type numbering…

4Clojure problems are really useful to get a good grasp on the language. I
tried to design exercises out of JoC examples but lacked inspiration (and 
knowledge). I did over 50 from 4Clojure and learn a lot at each step.

Regards, Omer.  


On Wednesday, 22 May 2013 at 17:54, Sean Williamson wrote:

> Hey everyone!
>  
> I put together a Github repo full of blank .clj files which correspond  
> to the 4clojure website  
> (https://github.com/probablywrong/wrong4clojure). I was thinking that  
> this gives us a place to post all of our solutions and discuss them.
>  
> My thoughts are that we can inline comment our own personal thought  
> processes within our local copies of each file, and then discuss them in  
> a pull request. Does this work for everyone?
>  
> Sean  

Re: [foray] RE: Wrong4Clojure

From:
Solomon White
Date:
2013-05-22 @ 18:04
If anyone wants to download the 4clojure problem set, including anything
they have already solved, I made something for you:
https://gist.github.com/rubysolo/5629445


On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 10:20 AM, i-blis <i-blis@yandex.ru> wrote:

> Very nice idea.
>
> Would have been more convenient to handle had you used 001 type numbering…
>
> 4Clojure problems are really useful to get a good grasp on the language. I
> tried to design exercises out of JoC examples but lacked inspiration (and
> knowledge). I did over 50 from 4Clojure and learn a lot at each step.
>
> Regards, Omer.
>
>
> On Wednesday, 22 May 2013 at 17:54, Sean Williamson wrote:
>
> > Hey everyone!
> >
> > I put together a Github repo full of blank .clj files which correspond
> > to the 4clojure website
> > (https://github.com/probablywrong/wrong4clojure). I was thinking that
> > this gives us a place to post all of our solutions and discuss them.
> >
> > My thoughts are that we can inline comment our own personal thought
> > processes within our local copies of each file, and then discuss them in
> > a pull request. Does this work for everyone?
> >
> > Sean
>
>
>

Re: [foray] RE: Wrong4Clojure

From:
Phil Cohen
Date:
2013-05-22 @ 18:10
Awesome, thanks for that!


- Phil  

On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Solomon White wrote:

> If anyone wants to download the 4clojure problem set, including anything
they have already solved, I made something for you: 
https://gist.github.com/rubysolo/5629445
>  
>  
> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 10:20 AM, i-blis <i-blis@yandex.ru 
(mailto:i-blis@yandex.ru)> wrote:
> > Very nice idea.
> >  
> > Would have been more convenient to handle had you used 001 type numbering…
> >  
> > 4Clojure problems are really useful to get a good grasp on the 
language. I tried to design exercises out of JoC examples but lacked 
inspiration (and knowledge). I did over 50 from 4Clojure and learn a lot 
at each step.
> >  
> > Regards, Omer.
> >  
> >  
> > On Wednesday, 22 May 2013 at 17:54, Sean Williamson wrote:
> >  
> > > Hey everyone!
> > >  
> > > I put together a Github repo full of blank .clj files which correspond
> > > to the 4clojure website
> > > (https://github.com/probablywrong/wrong4clojure). I was thinking that
> > > this gives us a place to post all of our solutions and discuss them.
> > >  
> > > My thoughts are that we can inline comment our own personal thought
> > > processes within our local copies of each file, and then discuss them in
> > > a pull request. Does this work for everyone?
> > >  
> > > Sean