librelist archives

« back to archive

Is there an API to access FOAF dataset in foafpress?

Is there an API to access FOAF dataset in foafpress?

From:
Dileepa Jayakody
Date:
2013-06-07 @ 08:42
Hi All,

I'm Dileepa a Sri Lankan student working on my GSOC project in Apache
Stanbol using FOAF co-reference based techniques for entity disambiguation
:
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/dileepaj/1

For the project I require a sufficient foaf dataset. Can I please know if
it's possible to import foaf-data used in foafpress?

Thanks,
Dileepa

Re: [foafpress] Is there an API to access FOAF dataset in foafpress?

From:
Michael Haschke
Date:
2013-06-07 @ 08:54
Hello Dileepa,

> For the project I require a sufficient foaf dataset. Can I please know if
> it's possible to import foaf-data used in foafpress?

If I got you right you want to import foaf data that is managed and
rendered by Foafpress?

There is no special API because Foafpress is a Linked Data
Application, it can consume and deliver native RDF in some of the
known serializations. Just request a foaf resource that is powered by
Foafpress - for example http://michael.haschke.biz/ - as RDF and you
will get the data in your requested format/serialization (rdf/xml,
Turtle, N-Triple).

Does it help?

regards,
Haschek

-- 
Portfolio: http://48augen.de/
Profile/WebID: http://michael.haschke.biz/
*New* Blog: http://blog.eye48.com/

Re: [foafpress] Is there an API to access FOAF dataset in foafpress?

From:
Dileepa Jayakody
Date:
2013-06-07 @ 09:03
Hi Haschek,



On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Michael Haschke
<michael.haschke@eye48.com>wrote:

> Hello Dileepa,
>
> > For the project I require a sufficient foaf dataset. Can I please know if
> > it's possible to import foaf-data used in foafpress?
>
> If I got you right you want to import foaf data that is managed and
> rendered by Foafpress?
>
Yep, that's what I had in mind :)

>
> There is no special API because Foafpress is a Linked Data
> Application, it can consume and deliver native RDF in some of the
> known serializations. Just request a foaf resource that is powered by
> Foafpress - for example http://michael.haschke.biz/ - as RDF and you
> will get the data in your requested format/serialization (rdf/xml,
> Turtle, N-Triple).
>

Can it be invoked in RESTful manner? Can you please give a sample request
(curl) to get a Person's foaf profile in rdf/turtle/n-triple?

Thank you very much.
Dileepa

>
> Does it help?
>
> regards,
> Haschek
>
> --
> Portfolio: http://48augen.de/
> Profile/WebID: http://michael.haschke.biz/
> *New* Blog: http://blog.eye48.com/
>

Re: [foafpress] Is there an API to access FOAF dataset in foafpress?

From:
Michael Haschke
Date:
2013-06-07 @ 09:46
Hi Dileepa,

> Can it be invoked in RESTful manner? Can you please give a sample request
> (curl) to get a Person's foaf profile in rdf/turtle/n-triple?

$ curl -i -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml" http://michael.haschke.biz/

or

$ curl -i -H "Accept: text/turtle" http://michael.haschke.biz/

As Foafpress uses a content negotiation process it will answer with a
new location for the resource, e.g.

HTTP/1.1 303 See Other
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 09:43:26 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu)
Vary: Accept
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.2-1ubuntu4.19
Location: http://michael.haschke.biz/index.tt
Content-Length: 0
Content-Type: text/turtle

regards,
Haschek

-- 
Portfolio: http://48augen.de/
Profile/WebID: http://michael.haschke.biz/
*New* Blog: http://blog.eye48.com/

Re: [foafpress] Is there an API to access FOAF dataset in foafpress?

From:
Dileepa Jayakody
Date:
2013-06-07 @ 09:16
Hi Haschek,

I think I get your point. The data is not stored in foafpress, it's
focusing on rendering existing linked-data resources on the web in a nice
format. So I assume there's no such API for accessing the foaf-data via
foafpress.
Foafpress seems to me a cool project :)

Thanks,
Dileepa


On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Dileepa Jayakody
<dileepajayakody@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Haschek,
>
>
>
> On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Michael Haschke <michael.haschke@eye48.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hello Dileepa,
>>
>> > For the project I require a sufficient foaf dataset. Can I please know
>> if
>> > it's possible to import foaf-data used in foafpress?
>>
>> If I got you right you want to import foaf data that is managed and
>> rendered by Foafpress?
>>
> Yep, that's what I had in mind :)
>
>>
>> There is no special API because Foafpress is a Linked Data
>> Application, it can consume and deliver native RDF in some of the
>> known serializations. Just request a foaf resource that is powered by
>> Foafpress - for example http://michael.haschke.biz/ - as RDF and you
>> will get the data in your requested format/serialization (rdf/xml,
>> Turtle, N-Triple).
>>
>
> Can it be invoked in RESTful manner? Can you please give a sample request
> (curl) to get a Person's foaf profile in rdf/turtle/n-triple?
>
> Thank you very much.
> Dileepa
>
>>
>> Does it help?
>>
>> regards,
>> Haschek
>>
>> --
>> Portfolio: http://48augen.de/
>> Profile/WebID: http://michael.haschke.biz/
>> *New* Blog: http://blog.eye48.com/
>>
>
>

Re: [foafpress] Is there an API to access FOAF dataset in foafpress?

From:
Michael Haschke
Date:
2013-06-07 @ 09:54
Hi Dileepa,

> I think I get your point. The data is not stored in foafpress, it's focusing
> on rendering existing linked-data resources on the web in a nice format. So

Yes, almost. Foafpress is not a store or an editor, it just uses
already existing data, currently only in files, later support for
triple stores are planned (probably via erfurt [1] api).

> I assume there's no such API for accessing the foaf-data via foafpress.

No, if you have a triple store full of foaf data to explore, then
Foafpress is not the right project to do that. Maybe you should try
OntoWiki [2].

> Foafpress seems to me a cool project :)

Thx, spread the word about it! :)

[1] http://erfurt-framework.org/
[2] http://aksw.org/Projects/OntoWiki.html

regards,
Haschek

-- 
Portfolio: http://48augen.de/
Profile/WebID: http://michael.haschke.biz/
*New* Blog: http://blog.eye48.com/