Hints for hosting

Hints for hosting

steve
2015-01-18 @ 05:33
Hi,I'm looking for a decent web host provider for several small personal
Python projects that I would like to host; obviously need Python 3
support; at least basic database support, ssh, ftp (email not required).
Many thanks in advance,Steve

Re: [flask] Hints for hosting

Mehmet Taşkıner
2015-01-18 @ 14:31
I always use digitalocean for small projects, i recommend it.

Mehmet
taskiner.org

2015-01-18 7:33 GMT+02:00 steve <sc_shepard@hotmail.com>:

> Hi,
> I'm looking for a decent web host provider for several small personal
> Python projects that I would like to host; obviously need Python 3 support;
> at least basic database support, ssh, ftp (email not required).
> Many thanks in advance,
> Steve

Re: [flask] Hints for hosting

Yaroslav Kyrpych
2015-01-18 @ 15:15
I use DigitalOcean (DO) which is reasonably priced and has support for
Python 3.x, although they don't have Flask support but that's not a problem
at all as I use Flask (Apache for deployment) and it works fine. Similar to
DO is Linode, and I think it's even slightly cheaper with the same quality.

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 8:31 AM, Mehmet Taşkıner <taskinermehmet@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I always use digitalocean for small projects, i recommend it.
> Mehmet
> taskiner.org
> 2015-01-18 7:33 GMT+02:00 steve <sc_shepard@hotmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>> I'm looking for a decent web host provider for several small personal
>> Python projects that I would like to host; obviously need Python 3 support;
>> at least basic database support, ssh, ftp (email not required).
>> Many thanks in advance,
>> Steve

Re: [flask] Hints for hosting

Erik Martinson
2015-01-18 @ 17:55
I second the recommendation for DO.  You can spin-up a base OS like Ubuntu
Server and install Flask with all the packages you need. Listen to the
Linux Action Show podcast for a promo code.

Erik

On Jan 18, 2015, at 7:15 AM, Yaroslav Kyrpych <yaroslav.kyrpych@gmail.com> wrote:

I use DigitalOcean (DO) which is reasonably priced and has support for
Python 3.x, although they don't have Flask support but that's not a
problem at all as I use Flask (Apache for deployment) and it works fine.
Similar to DO is Linode, and I think it's even slightly cheaper with the
same quality.

> On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 8:31 AM, Mehmet Taşkıner
<taskinermehmet@gmail.com> wrote:
> I always use digitalocean for small projects, i recommend it.
> Mehmet
> taskiner.org
> 2015-01-18 7:33 GMT+02:00 steve <sc_shepard@hotmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>> I'm looking for a decent web host provider for several small personal
Python projects that I would like to host; obviously need Python 3
support; at least basic database support, ssh, ftp (email not required).
>> Many thanks in advance,
>> Steve

Re: [flask] Hints for hosting

henry florence
2015-01-18 @ 09:39
Hi,

I ve used alwaysdata.com for quite a few python projects, mainly django and
including a flask one and they support python 3.1, as well as 2.3, 2.4 and
2.6.

A 10 meg account is free, with ssh access to a user account on a shared
host. They offer MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and CouchDB. Support is quick,
usually with a reply to a ticket within 2 hours.

Deployment is via a wsgi script running on Apache.

Henry

From:  steve <sc_shepard@hotmail.com>
Reply-To:  <flask@librelist.com>
Date:  Sunday, 18 January 2015 05:33
To:  <flask@librelist.com>
Subject:  [flask] Hints for hosting

Hi,
I'm looking for a decent web host provider for several small personal Python
projects that I would like to host; obviously need Python 3 support; at
least basic database support, ssh, ftp (email not required).

Many thanks in advance,
Steve

Re: [flask] Hints for hosting

Siddharth Saha
2015-01-18 @ 09:55
I generally use digital ocean - the smallest box costs less than $4 a month
if run for the entire month.

On Sunday, January 18, 2015, henry florence <henry@hflorence.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I ve used alwaysdata.com for quite a few python projects, mainly django
> and including a flask one and they support python 3.1, as well as 2.3, 2.4
> and 2.6.
> A 10 meg account is free, with ssh access to a user account on a shared
> host. They offer MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and CouchDB. Support is quick,
> usually with a reply to a ticket within 2 hours.
> Deployment is via a wsgi script running on Apache.
> Henry
> From: steve <sc_shepard@hotmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','sc_shepard@hotmail.com');>>
> Reply-To: <flask@librelist.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','flask@librelist.com');>>
> Date: Sunday, 18 January 2015 05:33
> To: <flask@librelist.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','flask@librelist.com');>>
> Subject: [flask] Hints for hosting
> Hi,
> I'm looking for a decent web host provider for several small personal
> Python projects that I would like to host; obviously need Python 3 support;
> at least basic database support, ssh, ftp (email not required).
> Many thanks in advance,
> Steve

Sent from Gmail on iPhone

Re: [flask] Hints for hosting

Denis Moroz
2015-01-18 @ 10:05
Hello,

https://www.atlantic.net/ <https://www.atlantic.net/>  go configuration $1
a month.

Best regards,
Denis.

> On Jan 18, 2015, at 12:55 PM, Siddharth Saha <sidchilling@gmail.com> wrote:
> I generally use digital ocean - the smallest box costs less than $4 a
month if run for the entire month.
> On Sunday, January 18, 2015, henry florence <henry@hflorence.com
<mailto:henry@hflorence.com>> wrote:
> Hi,
> I ve used alwaysdata.com <http://alwaysdata.com/> for quite a few python
projects, mainly django and including a flask one and they support python
3.1, as well as 2.3, 2.4 and 2.6.
> A 10 meg account is free, with ssh access to a user account on a shared
host. They offer MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and CouchDB. Support is quick,
usually with a reply to a ticket within 2 hours.
> Deployment is via a wsgi script running on Apache.
> Henry
> From: steve <sc_shepard@hotmail.com
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','sc_shepard@hotmail.com');>>
> Reply-To: <flask@librelist.com
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','flask@librelist.com');>>
> Date: Sunday, 18 January 2015 05:33
> To: <flask@librelist.com <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','flask@librelist.com');>>
> Subject: [flask] Hints for hosting
> Hi,
> I'm looking for a decent web host provider for several small personal
Python projects that I would like to host; obviously need Python 3
support; at least basic database support, ssh, ftp (email not required).
> Many thanks in advance,
> Steve
> Sent from Gmail on iPhone

Re: [flask] Hints for hosting

Teo Klestrup Röijezon
2015-01-18 @ 11:15
Heroku has worked very well for me. They don't do FTP, I'd say that's a
plus in the end.

On 18 January 2015 at 11:05, Denis Moroz <moroz.denis@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> https://www.atlantic.net/  go configuration $1 a month.
> Best regards,
> Denis.
> On Jan 18, 2015, at 12:55 PM, Siddharth Saha <sidchilling@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> I generally use digital ocean - the smallest box costs less than $4 a
> month if run for the entire month.
> On Sunday, January 18, 2015, henry florence <henry@hflorence.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I ve used alwaysdata.com for quite a few python projects, mainly django
>> and including a flask one and they support python 3.1, as well as 2.3, 2.4
>> and 2.6.
>> A 10 meg account is free, with ssh access to a user account on a shared
>> host. They offer MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and CouchDB. Support is quick,
>> usually with a reply to a ticket within 2 hours.
>> Deployment is via a wsgi script running on Apache.
>> Henry
>> From: steve <sc_shepard@hotmail.com>
>> Reply-To: <flask@librelist.com>
>> Date: Sunday, 18 January 2015 05:33
>> To: <flask@librelist.com>
>> Subject: [flask] Hints for hosting
>> Hi,
>> I'm looking for a decent web host provider for several small personal
>> Python projects that I would like to host; obviously need Python 3 support;
>> a t least basic database support, ssh, ftp (email not required).
>> Many thanks in advance,
>> Steve
> Sent from Gmail on iPhone

Re: [flask] Hints for hosting

Paul Korzhyk
2015-01-18 @ 05:39
I like app engine - great for small personal stuff. Don't think they have
Python 3 but hey, it's free.

—
Sent from Mailbox

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 4:37 PM, steve <sc_shepard@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,I'm looking for a decent web host provider for several small personal
Python projects that I would like to host; obviously need Python 3
support; at least basic database support, ssh, ftp (email not required).
> Many thanks in advance,Steve

Re: [flask] Hints for hosting

heller
2015-01-18 @ 06:07
Set up a base machine image on AWS then just copy it as needed for other
projects. Scales, fast, has DB stuff if you don't want to run one locally.
Look at gunicorn for a wsgi server and you're good to go.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: Paul Korzhyk <paul.korzhyk@gmail.com>
Date:01/18/2015  12:39 AM  (GMT-05:00)
To: flask@librelist.com
Subject: Re: [flask] Hints for hosting

I like app engine - great for small personal stuff. Don't think they have
Python 3 but hey, it's free.

—
Sent from Mailbox

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 4:37 PM, steve <sc_shepard@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
I'm looking for a decent web host provider for several small personal
Python projects that I would like to host; obviously need Python 3
support; at least basic database support, ssh, ftp (email not required).

Many thanks in advance,
Steve

Re: [flask] Hints for hosting

2015-01-18 @ 20:24
Hi,
What about PythonAnywhere? I think it's perfect for some personal,
smaller projects.
Best,Ferenc
On 2015. 01. 18. at 6:37 AM, "steve"  wrote:   Hi,I'm looking for a
decent web host provider for several small personal Python projects
that I would like to host; obviously need Python 3 support; at least
basic database support, ssh, ftp (email not required).
Many thanks in advance,Steve