librelist archives

« back to archive

Hints for hosting

Hints for hosting

From:
steve
Date:
2015-01-18 @ 05:33
Hi,I'm looking for a decent web host provider for several small personal 
Python projects that I would like to host; obviously need Python 3 
support; at least basic database support, ssh, ftp (email not required).
Many thanks in advance,Steve 		 	   		  

Re: [flask] Hints for hosting

From:
Mehmet Taşkıner
Date:
2015-01-18 @ 14:31
I always use digitalocean for small projects, i recommend it.

Mehmet
taskiner.org

2015-01-18 7:33 GMT+02:00 steve <sc_shepard@hotmail.com>:

> Hi,
> I'm looking for a decent web host provider for several small personal
> Python projects that I would like to host; obviously need Python 3 support;
> at least basic database support, ssh, ftp (email not required).
>
> Many thanks in advance,
> Steve
>

Re: [flask] Hints for hosting

From:
Yaroslav Kyrpych
Date:
2015-01-18 @ 15:15
I use DigitalOcean (DO) which is reasonably priced and has support for
Python 3.x, although they don't have Flask support but that's not a problem
at all as I use Flask (Apache for deployment) and it works fine. Similar to
DO is Linode, and I think it's even slightly cheaper with the same quality.

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 8:31 AM, Mehmet Taşkıner <taskinermehmet@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I always use digitalocean for small projects, i recommend it.
>
> Mehmet
> taskiner.org
>
> 2015-01-18 7:33 GMT+02:00 steve <sc_shepard@hotmail.com>:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm looking for a decent web host provider for several small personal
>> Python projects that I would like to host; obviously need Python 3 support;
>> at least basic database support, ssh, ftp (email not required).
>>
>> Many thanks in advance,
>> Steve
>>
>
>

Re: [flask] Hints for hosting

From:
Erik Martinson
Date:
2015-01-18 @ 17:55
I second the recommendation for DO.  You can spin-up a base OS like Ubuntu
Server and install Flask with all the packages you need. Listen to the 
Linux Action Show podcast for a promo code.

Erik

On Jan 18, 2015, at 7:15 AM, Yaroslav Kyrpych <yaroslav.kyrpych@gmail.com> wrote:

I use DigitalOcean (DO) which is reasonably priced and has support for 
Python 3.x, although they don't have Flask support but that's not a 
problem at all as I use Flask (Apache for deployment) and it works fine. 
Similar to DO is Linode, and I think it's even slightly cheaper with the 
same quality.

> On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 8:31 AM, Mehmet Taşkıner 
<taskinermehmet@gmail.com> wrote:
> I always use digitalocean for small projects, i recommend it. 
> 
> Mehmet
> taskiner.org
> 
> 2015-01-18 7:33 GMT+02:00 steve <sc_shepard@hotmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>> I'm looking for a decent web host provider for several small personal 
Python projects that I would like to host; obviously need Python 3 
support; at least basic database support, ssh, ftp (email not required).
>> 
>> Many thanks in advance,
>> Steve
> 

Re: [flask] Hints for hosting

From:
henry florence
Date:
2015-01-18 @ 09:39
Hi,

I ve used alwaysdata.com for quite a few python projects, mainly django and
including a flask one and they support python 3.1, as well as 2.3, 2.4 and
2.6.

A 10 meg account is free, with ssh access to a user account on a shared
host. They offer MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and CouchDB. Support is quick,
usually with a reply to a ticket within 2 hours.

Deployment is via a wsgi script running on Apache.

Henry

From:  steve <sc_shepard@hotmail.com>
Reply-To:  <flask@librelist.com>
Date:  Sunday, 18 January 2015 05:33
To:  <flask@librelist.com>
Subject:  [flask] Hints for hosting

Hi,
I'm looking for a decent web host provider for several small personal Python
projects that I would like to host; obviously need Python 3 support; at
least basic database support, ssh, ftp (email not required).

Many thanks in advance,
Steve
       

Re: [flask] Hints for hosting

From:
Siddharth Saha
Date:
2015-01-18 @ 09:55
I generally use digital ocean - the smallest box costs less than $4 a month
if run for the entire month.

On Sunday, January 18, 2015, henry florence <henry@hflorence.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I ve used alwaysdata.com for quite a few python projects, mainly django
> and including a flask one and they support python 3.1, as well as 2.3, 2.4
> and 2.6.
>
> A 10 meg account is free, with ssh access to a user account on a shared
> host. They offer MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and CouchDB. Support is quick,
> usually with a reply to a ticket within 2 hours.
>
> Deployment is via a wsgi script running on Apache.
>
> Henry
>
> From: steve <sc_shepard@hotmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','sc_shepard@hotmail.com');>>
> Reply-To: <flask@librelist.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','flask@librelist.com');>>
> Date: Sunday, 18 January 2015 05:33
> To: <flask@librelist.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','flask@librelist.com');>>
> Subject: [flask] Hints for hosting
>
> Hi,
> I'm looking for a decent web host provider for several small personal
> Python projects that I would like to host; obviously need Python 3 support;
> at least basic database support, ssh, ftp (email not required).
>
> Many thanks in advance,
> Steve
>


-- 
Sent from Gmail on iPhone

Re: [flask] Hints for hosting

From:
Denis Moroz
Date:
2015-01-18 @ 10:05
Hello,

https://www.atlantic.net/ <https://www.atlantic.net/>  go configuration $1
a month.

Best regards,
Denis.

> On Jan 18, 2015, at 12:55 PM, Siddharth Saha <sidchilling@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> I generally use digital ocean - the smallest box costs less than $4 a 
month if run for the entire month. 
> 
> On Sunday, January 18, 2015, henry florence <henry@hflorence.com 
<mailto:henry@hflorence.com>> wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I ve used alwaysdata.com <http://alwaysdata.com/> for quite a few python
projects, mainly django and including a flask one and they support python 
3.1, as well as 2.3, 2.4 and 2.6.
> 
> A 10 meg account is free, with ssh access to a user account on a shared 
host. They offer MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and CouchDB. Support is quick,
usually with a reply to a ticket within 2 hours.
> 
> Deployment is via a wsgi script running on Apache.
> 
> Henry
> 
> From: steve <sc_shepard@hotmail.com 
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','sc_shepard@hotmail.com');>>
> Reply-To: <flask@librelist.com 
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','flask@librelist.com');>>
> Date: Sunday, 18 January 2015 05:33
> To: <flask@librelist.com <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','flask@librelist.com');>>
> Subject: [flask] Hints for hosting
> 
> Hi,
> I'm looking for a decent web host provider for several small personal 
Python projects that I would like to host; obviously need Python 3 
support; at least basic database support, ssh, ftp (email not required).
> 
> Many thanks in advance,
> Steve
> 
> 
> -- 
> Sent from Gmail on iPhone

Re: [flask] Hints for hosting

From:
Teo Klestrup Röijezon
Date:
2015-01-18 @ 11:15
Heroku has worked very well for me. They don't do FTP, I'd say that's a
plus in the end.

On 18 January 2015 at 11:05, Denis Moroz <moroz.denis@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> https://www.atlantic.net/  go configuration $1 a month.
>
> Best regards,
> Denis.
>
> On Jan 18, 2015, at 12:55 PM, Siddharth Saha <sidchilling@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I generally use digital ocean - the smallest box costs less than $4 a
> month if run for the entire month.
>
> On Sunday, January 18, 2015, henry florence <henry@hflorence.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I ve used alwaysdata.com for quite a few python projects, mainly django
>> and including a flask one and they support python 3.1, as well as 2.3, 2.4
>> and 2.6.
>>
>> A 10 meg account is free, with ssh access to a user account on a shared
>> host. They offer MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and CouchDB. Support is quick,
>> usually with a reply to a ticket within 2 hours.
>>
>> Deployment is via a wsgi script running on Apache.
>>
>> Henry
>>
>> From: steve <sc_shepard@hotmail.com>
>> Reply-To: <flask@librelist.com>
>> Date: Sunday, 18 January 2015 05:33
>> To: <flask@librelist.com>
>> Subject: [flask] Hints for hosting
>>
>> Hi,
>> I'm looking for a decent web host provider for several small personal
>> Python projects that I would like to host; obviously need Python 3 support;
>> a t least basic database support, ssh, ftp (email not required).
>>
>> Many thanks in advance,
>> Steve
>>
>
>
> --
> Sent from Gmail on iPhone
>
>
>

Re: [flask] Hints for hosting

From:
Paul Korzhyk
Date:
2015-01-18 @ 05:39
I like app engine - great for small personal stuff. Don't think they have 
Python 3 but hey, it's free.

—
Sent from Mailbox

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 4:37 PM, steve <sc_shepard@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,I'm looking for a decent web host provider for several small personal
Python projects that I would like to host; obviously need Python 3 
support; at least basic database support, ssh, ftp (email not required).
> Many thanks in advance,Steve 		 	   		  

Re: [flask] Hints for hosting

From:
heller
Date:
2015-01-18 @ 06:07
Set up a base machine image on AWS then just copy it as needed for other 
projects. Scales, fast, has DB stuff if you don't want to run one locally.
Look at gunicorn for a wsgi server and you're good to go. 


Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone


-------- Original message --------
From: Paul Korzhyk <paul.korzhyk@gmail.com> 
Date:01/18/2015  12:39 AM  (GMT-05:00) 
To: flask@librelist.com 
Subject: Re: [flask] Hints for hosting 

I like app engine - great for small personal stuff. Don't think they have 
Python 3 but hey, it's free.

—
Sent from Mailbox


On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 4:37 PM, steve <sc_shepard@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
I'm looking for a decent web host provider for several small personal 
Python projects that I would like to host; obviously need Python 3 
support; at least basic database support, ssh, ftp (email not required).

Many thanks in advance,
Steve

Re: [flask] Hints for hosting

From:
Date:
2015-01-18 @ 20:24
Hi,
What about PythonAnywhere? I think it's perfect for some personal,
smaller projects.
Best,Ferenc
On 2015. 01. 18. at 6:37 AM, "steve"  wrote:   Hi,I'm looking for a
decent web host provider for several small personal Python projects
that I would like to host; obviously need Python 3 support; at least
basic database support, ssh, ftp (email not required).
Many thanks in advance,Steve