librelist archives

« back to archive

User Management (Registration, Authentication, Sessions, etc) in Flask

User Management (Registration, Authentication, Sessions, etc) in Flask

From:
Yaroslav Kyrpych
Date:
2014-12-17 @ 22:46
Hi,

I am looking for user management framework for Flask app with MongoDB. Any
suggestions/recommendations? Pros/Cons of particular framework?


Thank you,

Yaroslav

Re: [flask] User Management (Registration, Authentication, Sessions, etc) in Flask

From:
Paul Brown
Date:
2014-12-17 @ 23:00
I usually manage users with a combination of flask-admin
<http://flask-admin.readthedocs.org/en/v1.0.9/> and flask-login
<https://flask-login.readthedocs.org/en/latest/>. Your flask-login User
class <https://flask-login.readthedocs.org/en/latest/#your-user-class> will
need to double as a database model so you can store information about
whether the user is active, etc. Flask-admin will create a CRUD interface
for your User model so your admins can add, activate, and delete users.

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 4:46 PM, Yaroslav Kyrpych <
yaroslav.kyrpych@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for user management framework for Flask app with MongoDB. Any
> suggestions/recommendations? Pros/Cons of particular framework?
>
>
> Thank you,
>
> Yaroslav
>

Re: [flask] User Management (Registration, Authentication, Sessions, etc) in Flask

From:
Yaroslav Kyrpych
Date:
2014-12-18 @ 20:35
Thank you for suggestion. I was thinking about future needs some more and
realized that I need complete package that would also manage user
subscription. Any suggestions? It's ok if it's not free, I am more looking
for quality vs quantity.

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 5:00 PM, Paul Brown <paul90brown@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I usually manage users with a combination of flask-admin
> <http://flask-admin.readthedocs.org/en/v1.0.9/> and flask-login
> <https://flask-login.readthedocs.org/en/latest/>. Your flask-login User
> class <https://flask-login.readthedocs.org/en/latest/#your-user-class> will
> need to double as a database model so you can store information about
> whether the user is active, etc. Flask-admin will create a CRUD interface
> for your User model so your admins can add, activate, and delete users.
>
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 4:46 PM, Yaroslav Kyrpych <
> yaroslav.kyrpych@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am looking for user management framework for Flask app with MongoDB.
>> Any suggestions/recommendations? Pros/Cons of particular framework?
>>
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Yaroslav
>>
>

Re: [flask] User Management (Registration, Authentication, Sessions, etc) in Flask

From:
Ioannis Pinakoulakis
Date:
2014-12-19 @ 10:01
I think you need Flask-User (http://pythonhosted.org/Flask-User/ 
<http://pythonhosted.org/Flask-User/>).

/Ioannis


> On 18 Dec 2014, at 21:35, Yaroslav Kyrpych <yaroslav.kyrpych@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> Thank you for suggestion. I was thinking about future needs some more 
and realized that I need complete package that would also manage user 
subscription. Any suggestions? It's ok if it's not free, I am more looking
for quality vs quantity.
> 
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 5:00 PM, Paul Brown <paul90brown@gmail.com 
<mailto:paul90brown@gmail.com>> wrote:
> I usually manage users with a combination of flask-admin 
<http://flask-admin.readthedocs.org/en/v1.0.9/> and flask-login 
<https://flask-login.readthedocs.org/en/latest/>. Your flask-login User 
class <https://flask-login.readthedocs.org/en/latest/#your-user-class> 
will need to double as a database model so you can store information about
whether the user is active, etc. Flask-admin will create a CRUD interface 
for your User model so your admins can add, activate, and delete users.
> 
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 4:46 PM, Yaroslav Kyrpych 
<yaroslav.kyrpych@gmail.com <mailto:yaroslav.kyrpych@gmail.com>> wrote:
> Hi,
>  
> I am looking for user management framework for Flask app with MongoDB. 
Any suggestions/recommendations? Pros/Cons of particular framework?
>  
>  
> Thank you,
>  
> Yaroslav