Roadmap

Roadmap

Jonathan Chen
2013-03-01 @ 07:00
Hey guys,

So I've been looking around I am not seeing much of a roadmap for flask at
the moment. Is there something that we are trying to incorporate and
accomplish? Something that we can improve? Or something we can do for the
underlying things like werkzeug and such?

I wouldn't mind helping out with some of these things to progress flask
some more.

~Jonathan C.

Andy Parsons
2013-03-01 @ 19:24
+1 for a roadmap or list of goals so the community could discuss/pitch in.
My company is is beta with a large consumer app that is Flask-based, and
we'd love to help ensure the future is bright.

On Mar 1, 2013, at 2:00 AM, Jonathan Chen <tamasiaina@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys,
> So I've been looking around I am not seeing much of a roadmap for flask
at the moment. Is there something that we are trying to incorporate and
accomplish? Something that we can improve? Or something we can do for the
underlying things like werkzeug and such?
> I wouldn't mind helping out with some of these things to progress flask
some more.
> ~Jonathan C.

Markus Unterwaditzer
2013-03-01 @ 19:31
Andy Parsons <andyparsons@gmail.com> wrote:

>+1 for a roadmap or list of goals so the community could discuss/pitch
>in. My company is is beta with a large consumer app that is
>Flask-based, and we'd love to help ensure the future is bright.
>On Mar 1, 2013, at 2:00 AM, Jonathan Chen <tamasiaina@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>> So I've been looking around I am not seeing much of a roadmap for
>flask at the moment. Is there something that we are trying to
>incorporate and accomplish? Something that we can improve? Or something
>we can do for the underlying things like werkzeug and such?
>> I wouldn't mind helping out with some of these things to progress
>flask some more.
>> ~Jonathan C.

+1, but I think just using the milestones feature in the issue tracker
would be sufficient.

-- Markus (from phone)

Jonathan Zempel
2013-03-01 @ 19:52
It sounded like some cool stuff was going to happen here:

And here: https://github.com/core

But it seems like those initiatives stalled out or are on-hold. Any
comments from the original brain-stormers (Armin, Kenneth, et al.)?

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Markus Unterwaditzer <
markus@unterwaditzer.net> wrote:

> Andy Parsons <andyparsons@gmail.com> wrote:
> >+1 for a roadmap or list of goals so the community could discuss/pitch
> >in. My company is is beta with a large consumer app that is
> >Flask-based, and we'd love to help ensure the future is bright.
> >On Mar 1, 2013, at 2:00 AM, Jonathan Chen <tamasiaina@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hey guys,
> >>
> >> So I've been looking around I am not seeing much of a roadmap for
> >flask at the moment. Is there something that we are trying to
> >incorporate and accomplish? Something that we can improve? Or something
> >we can do for the underlying things like werkzeug and such?
> >>
> >> I wouldn't mind helping out with some of these things to progress
> >flask some more.
> >>
> >> ~Jonathan C.
> +1, but I think just using the milestones feature in the issue tracker
> would be sufficient.
> -- Markus (from phone)

Jonathan Chen
2013-03-01 @ 20:03
That sounds cool, but it does sound like not much progress has been made.

~Jonathan C.

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 11:52 AM, Jonathan Zempel <jzempel@gmail.com> wrote:

> It sounded like some cool stuff was going to happen here:
> http://kennethreitz.org/exposures/the-future-of-python-http
> And here: https://github.com/core
> But it seems like those initiatives stalled out or are on-hold. Any
> comments from the original brain-stormers (Armin, Kenneth, et al.)?
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Markus Unterwaditzer <
> markus@unterwaditzer.net> wrote:
>> Andy Parsons <andyparsons@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >+1 for a roadmap or list of goals so the community could discuss/pitch
>> >in. My company is is beta with a large consumer app that is
>> >Flask-based, and we'd love to help ensure the future is bright.
>> >
>> >On Mar 1, 2013, at 2:00 AM, Jonathan Chen <tamasiaina@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >> Hey guys,
>> >>
>> >> So I've been looking around I am not seeing much of a roadmap for
>> >flask at the moment. Is there something that we are trying to
>> >incorporate and accomplish? Something that we can improve? Or something
>> >we can do for the underlying things like werkzeug and such?
>> >>
>> >> I wouldn't mind helping out with some of these things to progress
>> >flask some more.
>> >>
>> >> ~Jonathan C.
>> +1, but I think just using the milestones feature in the issue tracker
>> would be sufficient.
>> -- Markus (from phone)

Tom Whitcomb
2013-03-01 @ 19:29
Me also.  I would like to see a roadmap and would be interested in contributing.

Tom

On Mar 1, 2013, at 11:24 AM, Andy Parsons <andyparsons@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 for a roadmap or list of goals so the community could discuss/pitch
in. My company is is beta with a large consumer app that is Flask-based,
and we'd love to help ensure the future is bright.
> On Mar 1, 2013, at 2:00 AM, Jonathan Chen <tamasiaina@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>> So I've been looking around I am not seeing much of a roadmap for flask
at the moment. Is there something that we are trying to incorporate and
accomplish? Something that we can improve? Or something we can do for the
underlying things like werkzeug and such?
>> I wouldn't mind helping out with some of these things to progress flask
some more.
>> ~Jonathan C.

flaskmaniac
2013-03-02 @ 09:36
Thanks for biting the bullet, Jonathan. Been wondering myself if the
momentum is still there, over the last three months.

FM

2013/3/1 Jonathan Chen <tamasiaina@gmail.com>

> Hey guys,
> So I've been looking around I am not seeing much of a roadmap for flask at
> the moment. Is there something that we are trying to incorporate and
> accomplish? Something that we can improve? Or something we can do for the
> underlying things like werkzeug and such?
> I wouldn't mind helping out with some of these things to progress flask
> some more.
> ~Jonathan C.

Jökull Sólberg Auðunsson
2013-03-04 @ 14:34
Kenneth Reitz’s requests has recently reached API stability. I’d like Flask
1.0 to mirror some of the API’s found in there, like response.json being an
instance method, not property. Stuff along those lines. This would pave the
way for github.com/core ideas.

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM, flaskmaniac <flaskmaniac@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for biting the bullet, Jonathan. Been wondering myself if the
> momentum is still there, over the last three months.
>   FM
> 2013/3/1 Jonathan Chen <tamasiaina@gmail.com>
>> Hey guys,
>> So I've been looking around I am not seeing much of a roadmap for flask
>> at the moment. Is there something that we are trying to incorporate and
>> accomplish? Something that we can improve? Or something we can do for the
>> underlying things like werkzeug and such?
>> I wouldn't mind helping out with some of these things to progress flask
>> some more.
>> ~Jonathan C.

Markus Unterwaditzer
2013-03-05 @ 11:45
On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 02:34:31PM +0000, Jökull Sólberg Auðunsson wrote:
>    Kenneth Reitz’s requests has recently reached API stability. I’d like
>    Flask 1.0 to mirror some of the API’s found in there, like response.json
>    being an instance method, not property. Stuff along those lines. This
>    would pave the way for [1]github.com/core ideas.
>    On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM, flaskmaniac <[2]flaskmaniac@gmail.com>
>    wrote:
>      Thanks for biting the bullet, Jonathan. Been wondering myself if the
>      momentum is still there, over the last three months.
>        FM
>      2013/3/1 Jonathan Chen <[3]tamasiaina@gmail.com>
>        Hey guys,
>        So I've been looking around I am not seeing much of a roadmap for
>        flask at the moment. Is there something that we are trying to
>        incorporate and accomplish? Something that we can improve? Or
>        something we can do for the underlying things like werkzeug and such?
>        I wouldn't mind helping out with some of these things to progress
>        flask some more.
>        ~Jonathan C.
> References
>    Visible links
>    1. http://github.com/core
>    2. mailto:flaskmaniac@gmail.com
>    3. mailto:tamasiaina@gmail.com

I think you should file this issue in the bug tracker of flask.

-- Markus

Jonathan Chen
2013-03-05 @ 21:40
I was hoping that Armin would chime in a little bit. I wouldn't mind
contributing since we are using this for work.
On Mar 5, 2013 3:46 AM, "Markus Unterwaditzer" <markus@unterwaditzer.net>
wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 02:34:31PM +0000, Jökull Sólberg Auðunsson wrote:
> >    Kenneth Reitz’s requests has recently reached API stability. I’d like
> >    Flask 1.0 to mirror some of the API’s found in there, like
> response.json
> >    being an instance method, not property. Stuff along those lines. This
> >    would pave the way for [1]github.com/core ideas.
> >    On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM, flaskmaniac <[2]flaskmaniac@gmail.com
> >    wrote:
> >      Thanks for biting the bullet, Jonathan. Been wondering myself if the
> >      momentum is still there, over the last three months.
> >        FM
> >      2013/3/1 Jonathan Chen <[3]tamasiaina@gmail.com>
> >        Hey guys,
> >        So I've been looking around I am not seeing much of a roadmap for
> >        flask at the moment. Is there something that we are trying to
> >        incorporate and accomplish? Something that we can improve? Or
> >        something we can do for the underlying things like werkzeug and
> such?
> >        I wouldn't mind helping out with some of these things to progress
> >        flask some more.
> >        ~Jonathan C.
> > References
> >    Visible links
> >    1. http://github.com/core
> >    2. mailto:flaskmaniac@gmail.com
> >    3. mailto:tamasiaina@gmail.com
> I think you should file this issue in the bug tracker of flask.
> -- Markus

klinkin
2013-03-19 @ 20:22
Armin appears in the flask subscription very rarely.
If anyone has an opportunity to ask Armin directly about roadmap, do it please!

C уважением,
Климин Михаил.

среда, 6 марта 2013 г. в 1:40, Jonathan Chen написал:

> I was hoping that Armin would chime in a little bit. I wouldn't mind
contributing since we are using this for work.
> On Mar 5, 2013 3:46 AM, "Markus Unterwaditzer" <markus@unterwaditzer.net
(mailto:markus@unterwaditzer.net)> wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 02:34:31PM +0000, Jökull Sólberg Auðunsson wrote:
> > >    Kenneth Reitz’s requests has recently reached API stability. I’d like
> > >    Flask 1.0 to mirror some of the API’s found in there, like response.json
> > >    being an instance method, not property. Stuff along those lines. This
> > >    would pave the way for [1]github.com/core (http://github.com/core) ideas.
> > >
> > >    On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM, flaskmaniac
<[2]flaskmaniac@gmail.com (mailto:flaskmaniac@gmail.com)>
> > >    wrote:
> > >
> > >      Thanks for biting the bullet, Jonathan. Been wondering myself if the
> > >      momentum is still there, over the last three months.
> > >
> > >        FM
> > >
> > >      2013/3/1 Jonathan Chen <[3]tamasiaina@gmail.com
(mailto:tamasiaina@gmail.com)>
> > >
> > >        Hey guys,
> > >        So I've been looking around I am not seeing much of a roadmap for
> > >        flask at the moment. Is there something that we are trying to
> > >        incorporate and accomplish? Something that we can improve? Or
> > >        something we can do for the underlying things like werkzeug and such?
> > >        I wouldn't mind helping out with some of these things to progress
> > >        flask some more.
> > >        ~Jonathan C.
> > >
> > > References
> > >
> > >    Visible links
> > >    1. http://github.com/core
> > >    2. mailto:flaskmaniac@gmail.com
> > >    3. mailto:tamasiaina@gmail.com
> > I think you should file this issue in the bug tracker of flask.
> > -- Markus

Jose Ayerdis
2013-03-19 @ 21:12
try twitter :D

Sincerly yours,

[Jose Luis Ayerdis Espinoza]
Necronet.info |
LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jose-luis-ayerdis-espinoza/28/7b4/704>|
Careers
StackOverflow <http://careers.stackoverflow.com/necronet>

2013/3/19 klinkin <klinkin@gmail.com>

>  Armin appears in the flask subscription very rarely.
> If anyone has an opportunity to ask Armin directly about roadmap, do it
> please!
> C уважением,
> Климин Михаил.
> среда, 6 марта 2013 г. в 1:40, Jonathan Chen написал:
> I was hoping that Armin would chime in a little bit. I wouldn't mind
> contributing since we are using this for work.
> On Mar 5, 2013 3:46 AM, "Markus Unterwaditzer" <markus@unterwaditzer.net>
> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 02:34:31PM +0000, Jökull Sólberg Auðunsson wrote:
> >    Kenneth Reitz’s requests has recently reached API stability. I’d like
> >    Flask 1.0 to mirror some of the API’s found in there, like
> response.json
> >    being an instance method, not property. Stuff along those lines. This
> >    would pave the way for [1]github.com/core ideas.
> >    On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM, flaskmaniac <[2]flaskmaniac@gmail.com
> >    wrote:
> >      Thanks for biting the bullet, Jonathan. Been wondering myself if the
> >      momentum is still there, over the last three months.
> >        FM
> >      2013/3/1 Jonathan Chen <[3]tamasiaina@gmail.com>
> >        Hey guys,
> >        So I've been looking around I am not seeing much of a roadmap for
> >        flask at the moment. Is there something that we are trying to
> >        incorporate and accomplish? Something that we can improve? Or
> >        something we can do for the underlying things like werkzeug and
> such?
> >        I wouldn't mind helping out with some of these things to progress
> >        flask some more.
> >        ~Jonathan C.
> > References
> >    Visible links
> >    1. http://github.com/core
> >    2. mailto:flaskmaniac@gmail.com
> >    3. mailto:tamasiaina@gmail.com
> I think you should file this issue in the bug tracker of flask.
> -- Markus

Markus Unterwaditzer
2013-03-19 @ 21:21
klinkin <klinkin@gmail.com> wrote:

>Armin appears in the flask subscription very rarely.
>If anyone has an opportunity to ask Armin directly about roadmap, do it
>please!
>--
>C уважением,
>Климин Михаил.
>среда, 6 марта 2013 г. в 1:40, Jonathan Chen написал:
>> I was hoping that Armin would chime in a little bit. I wouldn't mind
>contributing since we are using this for work.
>> On Mar 5, 2013 3:46 AM, "Markus Unterwaditzer"
><markus@unterwaditzer.net (mailto:markus@unterwaditzer.net)> wrote:
>> > On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 02:34:31PM +0000, Jökull Sólberg Auðunsson
>wrote:
>> > >    Kenneth Reitz’s requests has recently reached API stability.
>I’d like
>> > >    Flask 1.0 to mirror some of the API’s found in there, like
>response.json
>> > >    being an instance method, not property. Stuff along those
>lines. This
>> > >    would pave the way for [1]github.com/core
>(http://github.com/core) ideas.
>> > >
>> > >    On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM, flaskmaniac
><[2]flaskmaniac@gmail.com (mailto:flaskmaniac@gmail.com)>
>> > >    wrote:
>> > >
>> > >      Thanks for biting the bullet, Jonathan. Been wondering
>myself if the
>> > >      momentum is still there, over the last three months.
>> > >
>> > >        FM
>> > >
>> > >      2013/3/1 Jonathan Chen <[3]tamasiaina@gmail.com
>(mailto:tamasiaina@gmail.com)>
>> > >
>> > >        Hey guys,
>> > >        So I've been looking around I am not seeing much of a
>roadmap for
>> > >        flask at the moment. Is there something that we are trying
>to
>> > >        incorporate and accomplish? Something that we can improve?
>Or
>> > >        something we can do for the underlying things like
>werkzeug and such?
>> > >        I wouldn't mind helping out with some of these things to
>progress
>> > >        flask some more.
>> > >        ~Jonathan C.
>> > >
>> > > References
>> > >
>> > >    Visible links
>> > >    1. http://github.com/core
>> > >    2. mailto:flaskmaniac@gmail.com
>> > >    3. mailto:tamasiaina@gmail.com
>> >
>> > I think you should file this issue in the bug tracker of flask.
>> >
>> > -- Markus

I am always able to reach him in IRC by his nick "mitsuhiko" on #pocoo (freenode).

-- Markus (from phone)

Markus Unterwaditzer
2013-03-20 @ 09:44
Markus Unterwaditzer <markus@unterwaditzer.net> wrote:

>klinkin <klinkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Armin appears in the flask subscription very rarely.
>>If anyone has an opportunity to ask Armin directly about roadmap, do
>it
>>please!
>>--
>>C уважением,
>>Климин Михаил.
>>среда, 6 марта 2013 г. в 1:40, Jonathan Chen написал:
>>> I was hoping that Armin would chime in a little bit. I wouldn't mind
>>contributing since we are using this for work.
>>> On Mar 5, 2013 3:46 AM, "Markus Unterwaditzer"
>><markus@unterwaditzer.net (mailto:markus@unterwaditzer.net)> wrote:
>>> > On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 02:34:31PM +0000, Jökull Sólberg Auðunsson
>>wrote:
>>> > >    Kenneth Reitz’s requests has recently reached API stability.
>>I’d like
>>> > >    Flask 1.0 to mirror some of the API’s found in there, like
>>response.json
>>> > >    being an instance method, not property. Stuff along those
>>lines. This
>>> > >    would pave the way for [1]github.com/core
>>(http://github.com/core) ideas.
>>> > >
>>> > >    On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM, flaskmaniac
>><[2]flaskmaniac@gmail.com (mailto:flaskmaniac@gmail.com)>
>>> > >    wrote:
>>> > >
>>> > >      Thanks for biting the bullet, Jonathan. Been wondering
>>myself if the
>>> > >      momentum is still there, over the last three months.
>>> > >
>>> > >        flask at the moment. Is there something that we are
>trying
>>to
>>> > >        incorporate and accomplish? Something that we can
>improve?
>>Or
>>> > >        something we can do for the underlying things like
>>werkzeug and such?
>>> > >        I wouldn't mind helping out with some of these things to
>>progress
>>> > >        flask some more.
>>> > >        ~Jonathan C.
>>> > >
>>> > > References
>>> > >
>>> > >    Visible links
>>> > >    1. http://github.com/core
>>> > >    2. mailto:flaskmaniac@gmail.com
>>> > >    3. mailto:tamasiaina@gmail.com
>>> >
>>> > I think you should file this issue in the bug tracker of flask.
>>> >
>>> > -- Markus
>I am always able to reach him in IRC by his nick "mitsuhiko" on #pocoo
>(freenode).
>-- Markus (from phone)

I asked him in IRC. He just said he will do it and he knoes it's overdue,
but didn't specify more.