Re: A new project

Re: A new project

vivek poddar
2012-08-06 @ 16:32
Hi Guys!

I am making a simple Budget manager in Flask. Since I am new to it so it
will be a great learning experience for me. If anyone interested then
please tell me.

Thanks and Regards!

-*- *Vivek Poddar* -*-

*Technical consultant (OpenERP)*

*Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/

Lyndsy Simon
2012-08-06 @ 16:52
I'm far from an expert, but I have a couple of Flask projects in production
these days. I'd be happy to help you if you need it.

May I suggest hosting your code on Github, to make it easier for others to
suggest changes?

Thanks,
Lyndsy Simon

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys!
> I am making a simple Budget manager in Flask. Since I am new to it so it
> will be a great learning experience for me. If anyone interested then
> please tell me.
> Thanks and Regards!
>          -*- *Vivek Poddar* -*-
>  *Technical consultant (OpenERP)*
> *Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
> *

vivek poddar
2012-08-06 @ 17:10
Thanks!

Ok! for GItHub. But I would like that we both know what the project is
before starting it. What do you say?

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Lyndsy Simon <lyndsy@lyndsysimon.com>wrote:

> I'm far from an expert, but I have a couple of Flask projects in
> production these days. I'd be happy to help you if you need it.
> May I suggest hosting your code on Github, to make it easier for others to
> suggest changes?
> Thanks,
> Lyndsy Simon
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>wrote:
>> Hi Guys!
>> I am making a simple Budget manager in Flask. Since I am new to it so it
>> will be a great learning experience for me. If anyone interested then
>> please tell me.
>> Thanks and Regards!
>> --
>>          -*- *Vivek Poddar* -*-
>>  *Technical consultant (OpenERP)*
>> *Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>> *

-*- *Vivek Poddar* -*-

*Technical consultant (OpenERP)*

*Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/

Filipe Cifali
2012-08-06 @ 17:46
It would be possible for me to join this project? I would like to use this
opportunity to learn more about flask and development process itself.

I have some experience w/ flask / python, and I'm willing to learn!

Regards,

2012/8/6 vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>

> Thanks!
> Ok! for GItHub. But I would like that we both know what the project is
> before starting it. What do you say?
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Lyndsy Simon <lyndsy@lyndsysimon.com>wrote:
>> I'm far from an expert, but I have a couple of Flask projects in
>> production these days. I'd be happy to help you if you need it.
>> May I suggest hosting your code on Github, to make it easier for others
>> to suggest changes?
>> Thanks,
>> Lyndsy Simon
>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>wrote:
>>> Hi Guys!
>>> I am making a simple Budget manager in Flask. Since I am new to it so it
>>> will be a great learning experience for me. If anyone interested then
>>> please tell me.
> *Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
> *

[]'s

Filipe Cifali Stangler

Fernando Nava
2012-08-06 @ 17:52
I'd like to help as well, as much as I possible can.

Fernando

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Filipe Cifali <cifali.filipe@gmail.com> wrote:
> It would be possible for me to join this project? I would like to use this
> opportunity to learn more about flask and development process itself.
> I have some experience w/ flask / python, and I'm willing to learn!
> Regards,
> 2012/8/6 vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
>> Thanks!
>> Ok! for GItHub. But I would like that we both know what the project is
>> before starting it. What do you say?
>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Lyndsy Simon <lyndsy@lyndsysimon.com>
>> wrote:
>>> I'm far from an expert, but I have a couple of Flask projects in
>>> production these days. I'd be happy to help you if you need it.
>>> May I suggest hosting your code on Github, to make it easier for others
>>> to suggest changes?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Lyndsy Simon
>>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>> Hi Guys!
>>>> I am making a simple Budget manager in Flask. Since I am new to it so it
>>>> will be a great learning experience for me. If anyone interested then please
>>>> tell me.
>>>> Thanks and Regards!
>>>> --
>>>>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>>>>
>>>>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
>>>> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>> --
>>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
>> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
> []'s
> Filipe Cifali Stangler

vivek poddar
2012-08-07 @ 02:50
Hi!

Thanks to all! it would be my pleasure to involve more learners like me.
Experienced are also welcomed :) . So! Guys I will make a google doc of the
project overview and share with everyone. I have already worked on it
(about 30%-40%) but I want to rework it from scratch.

One more thing! can we make a team or something like that? So that we
can know each other.

Thanks and Regards!

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Fernando Nava <fnava621@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to help as well, as much as I possible can.
> Fernando
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Filipe Cifali <cifali.filipe@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > It would be possible for me to join this project? I would like to use
> this
> > opportunity to learn more about flask and development process itself.
> > I have some experience w/ flask / python, and I'm willing to learn!
> > Regards,
> > 2012/8/6 vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
> >> Thanks!
> >> Ok! for GItHub. But I would like that we both know what the project is
> >> before starting it. What do you say?
> >> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Lyndsy Simon <lyndsy@lyndsysimon.com>
> >> wrote:
> >>> I'm far from an expert, but I have a couple of Flask projects in
> >>> production these days. I'd be happy to help you if you need it.
> >>> May I suggest hosting your code on Github, to make it easier for others
> >>> to suggest changes?
> >>> Thanks,
> >>> Lyndsy Simon
> >>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
> >>> wrote:
> >>>> Hi Guys!
> >>>> I am making a simple Budget manager in Flask. Since I am new to it so
> it
> >>>> will be a great learning experience for me. If anyone interested then
> please
> >>>> tell me.
> >>>>
> >>>> Thanks and Regards!
> >>>> --
> >>>>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
> >>>>
> >>>>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
> >>>> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
> >> --
> >>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
> >>
> >>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
> >> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
> > --
> > []'s
> > Filipe Cifali Stangler

-*- *Vivek Poddar* -*-

*Technical consultant (OpenERP)*

*Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/

Filipe Cifali
2012-08-07 @ 12:13
We can't, we must :)

LMK when you need any help, maybe we can trade messages via skype/gtalk/msn
to create this group?

IMO skype is the best free for room creations and chat at all.

2012/8/6 vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>

> Hi!
> Thanks to all! it would be my pleasure to involve more learners like me.
> Experienced are also welcomed :) . So! Guys I will make a google doc of the
> project overview and share with everyone. I have already worked on it
> (about 30%-40%) but I want to rework it from scratch.
>      One more thing! can we make a team or something like that? So that we
> can know each other.
> Thanks and Regards!
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Fernando Nava <fnava621@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to help as well, as much as I possible can.
>> Fernando
>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Filipe Cifali <cifali.filipe@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > It would be possible for me to join this project? I would like to use
>> this
>> > opportunity to learn more about flask and development process itself.
>> >
>> > I have some experience w/ flask / python, and I'm willing to learn!
>> > Regards,
>> > 2012/8/6 vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
>> >> Thanks!
>> >> Ok! for GItHub. But I would like that we both know what the project is
>> >> before starting it. What do you say?
>> >> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Lyndsy Simon <lyndsy@lyndsysimon.com>
>> >> wrote:
>> >>> I'm far from an expert, but I have a couple of Flask projects in
>> >>> production these days. I'd be happy to help you if you need it.
>> >>> May I suggest hosting your code on Github, to make it easier for
>> others
>> >>> to suggest changes?
>> >>> Thanks,
>> >>> Lyndsy Simon
>> >>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
>> >>> wrote:
>> >>>> Hi Guys!
>> >>>> I am making a simple Budget manager in Flask. Since I am new to it
>> so it
>> >>>> will be a great learning experience for me. If anyone interested
>> then please
>> >>>> tell me.
>> >>>>
>> >>>> Thanks and Regards!
>> >>>> --
>> >>>>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>> >>>>
>> >>>>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
>> >>>> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>> >> --
>> >>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>> >>
>> >>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
>> >> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>> > --
>> > []'s
>> > Filipe Cifali Stangler
>          -*- *Vivek Poddar* -*-
>  *Technical consultant (OpenERP)*
> *Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
> *

[]'s

Filipe Cifali Stangler

Maël Primet
2012-08-07 @ 12:27
Actually I also had an idea about some fun project that could be made with
Flask, when I was browsing the (excellent) Flask documentation ;

I realized that, even though the documentation is extensive, there are some
parts of it where some information lacks, and there is no easy way to
comment on it.

The idea would be to make a jQuery plugin that you can add to your
documentation pages that adds a little "comment" button near each paragraph
when you hover over it ; when you click on the comment button, you can tell
what information is missing in this paragraph, or tell the documentation
owner that you got lost here etc, and the comments are then sent to a
dashboard to some webserver made with Flask, where everybody that wants to
use the tool can register for an ccouant and have a view of the comments on
each page etc

Joe Esposito
2012-08-07 @ 12:43
> a jQuery plugin that you can add to your documentation pages that adds a
> little "comment" button near each paragraph when you hover over it

I like the idea!

Whether or not that's a plugin or a built-in feature to Flask's docs, it's
exactly how Bryan O'Sullivan's Mercurial book got feedback. It an excellent
thing to have because it pointed out what was missing and what needed
clarification. I this paragraph-wise comments can be quite useful for docs
as well.

Here's a link to see it in action:

There's no registration required though so anyone can easily make a comment
without much work.

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Maël Primet <mael.primet@gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually I also had an idea about some fun project that could be made with
> Flask, when I was browsing the (excellent) Flask documentation ;
> I realized that, even though the documentation is extensive, there are
> some parts of it where some information lacks, and there is no easy way to
> comment on it.
> The idea would be to make a jQuery plugin that you can add to your
> documentation pages that adds a little "comment" button near each paragraph
> when you hover over it ; when you click on the comment button, you can tell
> what information is missing in this paragraph, or tell the documentation
> owner that you got lost here etc, and the comments are then sent to a
> dashboard to some webserver made with Flask, where everybody that wants to
> use the tool can register for an ccouant and have a view of the comments on
> each page etc

vivek poddar
2012-08-07 @ 14:14
Hi guys!

My vote is for skype. Its simple and feature rich.

My skype id is: vivekimsit
Full name: vivek poddar
City: Delhi

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 6:13 PM, Joe Esposito <espo58@gmail.com> wrote:

> a jQuery plugin that you can add to your documentation pages that adds a
>> little "comment" button near each paragraph when you hover over it
> I like the idea!
> Whether or not that's a plugin or a built-in feature to Flask's docs, it's
> exactly how Bryan O'Sullivan's Mercurial book got feedback. It an excellent
> thing to have because it pointed out what was missing and what needed
> clarification. I this paragraph-wise comments can be quite useful for docs
> as well.
> Here's a link to see it in action:
> http://hgbook.red-bean.com/read/preface.html
> There's no registration required though so anyone can easily make a
> comment without much work.
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Maël Primet <mael.primet@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Actually I also had an idea about some fun project that could be made
>> with Flask, when I was browsing the (excellent) Flask documentation ;
>> I realized that, even though the documentation is extensive, there are
>> some parts of it where some information lacks, and there is no easy way to
>> comment on it.
>> The idea would be to make a jQuery plugin that you can add to your
>> documentation pages that adds a little "comment" button near each paragraph
>> when you hover over it ; when you click on the comment button, you can tell
>> what information is missing in this paragraph, or tell the documentation
>> owner that you got lost here etc, and the comments are then sent to a
>> dashboard to some webserver made with Flask, where everybody that wants to
>> use the tool can register for an ccouant and have a view of the comments on
>> each page etc

-*- *Vivek Poddar* -*-

*Technical consultant (OpenERP)*

*Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/

James Anderson
2012-08-07 @ 16:02
I'd love to be a part of this! I'm new to flask and python and would love
to use this as an excuse to learn more about manging login sessions for
multiple users and presenting unique data to each.

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 7:14 AM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys!
> My vote is for skype. Its simple and feature rich.
> My skype id is: vivekimsit
> Full name: vivek poddar
> City: Delhi
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 6:13 PM, Joe Esposito <espo58@gmail.com> wrote:
>> a jQuery plugin that you can add to your documentation pages that adds a
>>> little "comment" button near each paragraph when you hover over it
>> I like the idea!
>> Whether or not that's a plugin or a built-in feature to Flask's docs,
>> it's exactly how Bryan O'Sullivan's Mercurial book got feedback. It an
>> excellent thing to have because it pointed out what was missing and what
>> needed clarification. I this paragraph-wise comments can be quite useful
>> for docs as well.
>> Here's a link to see it in action:
>> http://hgbook.red-bean.com/read/preface.html
>> There's no registration required though so anyone can easily make a
>> comment without much work.
>> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Maël Primet <mael.primet@gmail.com>wrote:
>>> Actually I also had an idea about some fun project that could be made
>>> with Flask, when I was browsing the (excellent) Flask documentation ;
>>> I realized that, even though the documentation is extensive, there are
>>> some parts of it where some information lacks, and there is no easy way to
>>> comment on it.
>>> The idea would be to make a jQuery plugin that you can add to your
>>> documentation pages that adds a little "comment" button near each paragraph
>>> when you hover over it ; when you click on the comment button, you can tell
>>> what information is missing in this paragraph, or tell the documentation
>>> owner that you got lost here etc, and the comments are then sent to a
>>> dashboard to some webserver made with Flask, where everybody that wants to
>>> use the tool can register for an ccouant and have a view of the comments on
>>> each page etc
>          -*- *Vivek Poddar* -*-
>  *Technical consultant (OpenERP)*
> *Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
> *

Brandon Luth
2012-08-07 @ 16:49
Id like to help out when I can.
On Aug 7, 2012 9:12 AM, "James Anderson" <jatroika@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd love to be a part of this! I'm new to flask and python and would love
> to use this as an excuse to learn more about manging login sessions for
> multiple users and presenting unique data to each.
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 7:14 AM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys!
>> My vote is for skype. Its simple and feature rich.
>> My skype id is: vivekimsit
>> Full name: vivek poddar
>> City: Delhi
>> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 6:13 PM, Joe Esposito <espo58@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> a jQuery plugin that you can add to your documentation pages that adds a
>>>> little "comment" button near each paragraph when you hover over it
>>> I like the idea!
>>> Whether or not that's a plugin or a built-in feature to Flask's docs,
>>> it's exactly how Bryan O'Sullivan's Mercurial book got feedback. It an
>>> excellent thing to have because it pointed out what was missing and what
>>> needed clarification. I this paragraph-wise comments can be quite useful
>>> for docs as well.
>>> Here's a link to see it in action:
>>> http://hgbook.red-bean.com/read/preface.html
>>> There's no registration required though so anyone can easily make a
>>> comment without much work.
>>> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Maël Primet <mael.primet@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>> Actually I also had an idea about some fun project that could be made
>>>> with Flask, when I was browsing the (excellent) Flask documentation ;
>>>>
>>>> I realized that, even though the documentation is extensive, there are
>>>> some parts of it where some information lacks, and there is no easy way to
>>>> comment on it.
>>>>
>>>> The idea would be to make a jQuery plugin that you can add to your
>>>> documentation pages that adds a little "comment" button near each paragraph
>>>> when you hover over it ; when you click on the comment button, you can tell
>>>> what information is missing in this paragraph, or tell the documentation
>>>> owner that you got lost here etc, and the comments are then sent to a
>>>> dashboard to some webserver made with Flask, where everybody that wants to
>>>> use the tool can register for an ccouant and have a view of the comments on
>>>> each page etc
>> --
>>          -*- *Vivek Poddar* -*-
>>  *Technical consultant (OpenERP)*
>> *Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>> *

Pranav Ravichandran
2012-08-07 @ 12:23
This sounds like fun, count me in, too. Since this is going to be a budget
manager, there's going to be a lot of room for brainstorming and expansion
;)

And my 0.02$ - we should create an IRC channel on Freenode or OFTC. I think
that's less clunkier than skype or msn.

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Filipe Cifali <cifali.filipe@gmail.com>wrote:

> We can't, we must :)
> LMK when you need any help, maybe we can trade messages via
> skype/gtalk/msn to create this group?
> IMO skype is the best free for room creations and chat at all.
> 2012/8/6 vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
>> Hi!
>> Thanks to all! it would be my pleasure to involve more learners like me.
>> Experienced are also welcomed :) . So! Guys I will make a google doc of the
>> project overview and share with everyone. I have already worked on it
>> (about 30%-40%) but I want to rework it from scratch.
>>      One more thing! can we make a team or something like that? So that
>> we can know each other.
>> Thanks and Regards!
>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Fernando Nava <fnava621@gmail.com>wrote:
>>> I'd like to help as well, as much as I possible can.
>>> Fernando
>>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Filipe Cifali <cifali.filipe@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>> > It would be possible for me to join this project? I would like to use
>>> this
>>> > opportunity to learn more about flask and development process itself.
>>> >
>>> > I have some experience w/ flask / python, and I'm willing to learn!
>>> > Regards,
>>> > 2012/8/6 vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
>>> >> Thanks!
>>> >> Ok! for GItHub. But I would like that we both know what the project is
>>> >> before starting it. What do you say?
>>> >> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Lyndsy Simon <lyndsy@lyndsysimon.com
>>> >> wrote:
>>> >>> I'm far from an expert, but I have a couple of Flask projects in
>>> >>> production these days. I'd be happy to help you if you need it.
>>> >>> May I suggest hosting your code on Github, to make it easier for
>>> others
>>> >>> to suggest changes?
>>> >>> Thanks,
>>> >>> Lyndsy Simon
>>> >>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
>>> >>> wrote:
>>> >>>> Hi Guys!
>>> >>>> I am making a simple Budget manager in Flask. Since I am new to it
>>> so it
>>> >>>> will be a great learning experience for me. If anyone interested
>>> then please
>>> >>>> tell me.
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> Thanks and Regards!
>>> >>>> --
>>> >>>>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
>>> >>>> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>>> >> --
>>> >>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>>> >>
>>> >>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
>>> >> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>>> > --
>>> > []'s
>>> > Filipe Cifali Stangler
>> --
>>          -*- *Vivek Poddar* -*-
>>  *Technical consultant (OpenERP)*
>> *Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>> *
> []'s
> Filipe Cifali Stangler

E-ThoughtDumpyard <http://www.onloop.net/>

Scott Woodstock
2012-08-07 @ 17:13
How'd you end up joining this conversation?

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 7:50 PM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> Thanks to all! it would be my pleasure to involve more learners like me.
> Experienced are also welcomed :) . So! Guys I will make a google doc of the
> project overview and share with everyone. I have already worked on it
> (about 30%-40%) but I want to rework it from scratch.
>      One more thing! can we make a team or something like that? So that we
> can know each other.
> Thanks and Regards!
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Fernando Nava <fnava621@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to help as well, as much as I possible can.
>> Fernando
>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Filipe Cifali <cifali.filipe@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > It would be possible for me to join this project? I would like to use
>> this
>> > opportunity to learn more about flask and development process itself.
>> >
>> > I have some experience w/ flask / python, and I'm willing to learn!
>> > Regards,
>> > 2012/8/6 vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
>> >> Thanks!
>> >> Ok! for GItHub. But I would like that we both know what the project is
>> >> before starting it. What do you say?
>> >> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Lyndsy Simon <lyndsy@lyndsysimon.com>
>> >> wrote:
>> >>> I'm far from an expert, but I have a couple of Flask projects in
>> >>> production these days. I'd be happy to help you if you need it.
>> >>> May I suggest hosting your code on Github, to make it easier for
>> others
>> >>> to suggest changes?
>> >>> Thanks,
>> >>> Lyndsy Simon
>> >>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
>> >>> wrote:
>> >>>> Hi Guys!
>> >>>> I am making a simple Budget manager in Flask. Since I am new to it
>> so it
>> >>>> will be a great learning experience for me. If anyone interested
>> then please
>> >>>> tell me.
>> >>>>
>> >>>> Thanks and Regards!
>> >>>> --
>> >>>>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>> >>>>
>> >>>>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
>> >>>> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>> >> --
>> >>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>> >>
>> >>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
>> >> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>> > --
>> > []'s
>> > Filipe Cifali Stangler
>          -*- *Vivek Poddar* -*-
>  *Technical consultant (OpenERP)*
> *Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
> *

vivek poddar
2012-08-07 @ 18:26
Hi Folks!

Here is my so called documentation of the project. Its my first try so feel
free to suggest any changes. I know its only 20% of the documentation but I
believe it will be great after some time and effort. According to me its
going to be great learning experience for beginners and a cool mentoring
experience for experienced ones.

Also feel free to contact me. I want to know exactly how many of us
interested in this project. Everyone can contact me on skype.

Cheers!!

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM, Scott Woodstock <sidwoodstock@gmail.com>wrote:

> How'd you end up joining this conversation?
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 7:50 PM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>> Thanks to all! it would be my pleasure to involve more learners like me.
>> Experienced are also welcomed :) . So! Guys I will make a google doc of the
>> project overview and share with everyone. I have already worked on it
>> (about 30%-40%) but I want to rework it from scratch.
>>      One more thing! can we make a team or something like that? So that
>> we can know each other.
>> Thanks and Regards!
>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Fernando Nava <fnava621@gmail.com>wrote:
>>> I'd like to help as well, as much as I possible can.
>>> Fernando
>>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Filipe Cifali <cifali.filipe@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>> > It would be possible for me to join this project? I would like to use
>>> this
>>> > opportunity to learn more about flask and development process itself.
>>> >
>>> > I have some experience w/ flask / python, and I'm willing to learn!
>>> > Regards,
>>> > 2012/8/6 vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
>>> >> Thanks!
>>> >> Ok! for GItHub. But I would like that we both know what the project is
>>> >> before starting it. What do you say?
>>> >> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Lyndsy Simon <lyndsy@lyndsysimon.com
>>> >> wrote:
>>> >>> I'm far from an expert, but I have a couple of Flask projects in
>>> >>> production these days. I'd be happy to help you if you need it.
>>> >>> May I suggest hosting your code on Github, to make it easier for
>>> others
>>> >>> to suggest changes?
>>> >>> Thanks,
>>> >>> Lyndsy Simon
>>> >>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
>>> >>> wrote:
>>> >>>> Hi Guys!
>>> >>>> I am making a simple Budget manager in Flask. Since I am new to it
>>> so it
>>> >>>> will be a great learning experience for me. If anyone interested
>>> then please
>>> >>>> tell me.
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> Thanks and Regards!
>>> >>>> --
>>> >>>>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
>>> >>>> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>>> >> --
>>> >>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>>> >>
>>> >>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
>>> >> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/

2012-08-07 @ 18:26
Sorry!

This is the link:

;)

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 11:56 PM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks!
> Here is my so called documentation of the project. Its my first try so
> feel free to suggest any changes. I know its only 20% of the documentation
> but I believe it will be great after some time and effort. According to me
> its going to be great learning experience for beginners and a cool
> mentoring experience for experienced ones.
>     Also feel free to contact me. I want to know exactly how many of us
> interested in this project. Everyone can contact me on skype.
> Cheers!!
>> How'd you end up joining this conversation?
>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 7:50 PM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>> Thanks to all! it would be my pleasure to involve more learners like me.
>>> Experienced are also welcomed :) . So! Guys I will make a google doc of the
>>> project overview and share with everyone. I have already worked on it
>>> (about 30%-40%) but I want to rework it from scratch.
>>>      One more thing! can we make a team or something like that? So that
>>> we can know each other.
>>> Thanks and Regards!
>>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Fernando Nava <fnava621@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>> I'd like to help as well, as much as I possible can.
>>>> Fernando
>>>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Filipe Cifali <cifali.filipe@gmail.com>
>>>> wrote:
>>>> > It would be possible for me to join this project? I would like to use
>>>> this
>>>> > opportunity to learn more about flask and development process itself.
>>>> >
>>>> > I have some experience w/ flask / python, and I'm willing to learn!
>>>> >
>>>> > Regards,
>>>> >
>>>> > 2012/8/6 vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
>>>> >> Thanks!
>>>> >> Ok! for GItHub. But I would like that we both know what the project
>>>> is
>>>> >> before starting it. What do you say?
>>>> >> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Lyndsy Simon <
>>>> lyndsy@lyndsysimon.com>
>>>> >> wrote:
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>> I'm far from an expert, but I have a couple of Flask projects in
>>>> >>> production these days. I'd be happy to help you if you need it.
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>> May I suggest hosting your code on Github, to make it easier for
>>>> others
>>>> >>> to suggest changes?
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>> Thanks,
>>>> >>> Lyndsy Simon
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com
>>>> >
>>>> >>> wrote:
>>>> >>>>
>>>> >>>> Hi Guys!
>>>> >>>>
>>>> >>>> I am making a simple Budget manager in Flask. Since I am new to it
>>>> so it
>>>> >>>> will be a great learning experience for me. If anyone interested
>>>> then please
>>>> >>>> tell me.
>>>> >>>>
>>>> >>>> Thanks and Regards!
>>>> >>>> --
>>>> >>>>
>>>> >>>>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>>>> >>>>
>>>> >>>>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
>>>> >>>>
>>>> >>>> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>>>> >>>>
>>>> >>>>
>>>> >>>
>>>> >> --
>>>> >>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>>>> >>
>>>> >>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
>>>> >> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/

-*- *Vivek Poddar* -*-

*Technical consultant (OpenERP)*

*Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/

Joe Esposito
2012-08-07 @ 18:42
>  Sorry! This is the link

As someone who *always* forgets to add the mentioned link or attachment,
may I recommend Gmail's "Undo Send"? =)
Gives you a few seconds to "undo" sending an email. Saved me so many times!

Go to Gmail Settings, then the "Labs" tab to enable it.

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 2:26 PM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry!
> This is the link:
> ;)
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 11:56 PM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>wrote:
>> Hi Folks!
>> Here is my so called documentation of the project. Its my first try so
>> feel free to suggest any changes. I know its only 20% of the documentation
>> but I believe it will be great after some time and effort. According to me
>> its going to be great learning experience for beginners and a cool
>> mentoring experience for experienced ones.
>>     Also feel free to contact me. I want to know exactly how many of us
>> interested in this project. Everyone can contact me on skype.
>> Cheers!!
>> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM, Scott Woodstock <sidwoodstock@gmail.com>wrote:
>>> How'd you end up joining this conversation?
>>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 7:50 PM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>> Hi!
>>>>
>>>> Thanks to all! it would be my pleasure to involve more learners like
>>>> the project overview and share with everyone. I have already worked on it
>>>> (about 30%-40%) but I want to rework it from scratch.
>>>>
>>>>      One more thing! can we make a team or something like that? So that
>>>> we can know each other.
>>>> Thanks and Regards!
>>>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Fernando Nava <fnava621@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> I'd like to help as well, as much as I possible can.
>>>>> Fernando
>>>>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Filipe Cifali <
>>>>> cifali.filipe@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>> > It would be possible for me to join this project? I would like to
>>>>> use this
>>>>> > opportunity to learn more about flask and development process itself.
>>>>> >
>>>>> > I have some experience w/ flask / python, and I'm willing to learn!
>>>>> >
>>>>> > Regards,
>>>>> >
>>>>> > 2012/8/6 vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
>>>>> >> Thanks!
>>>>> >> Ok! for GItHub. But I would like that we both know what the project
>>>>> is
>>>>> >> before starting it. What do you say?
>>>>> >> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Lyndsy Simon <
>>>>> lyndsy@lyndsysimon.com>
>>>>> >> wrote:
>>>>> >>>
>>>>> >>> I'm far from an expert, but I have a couple of Flask projects in
>>>>> >>> production these days. I'd be happy to help you if you need it.
>>>>> >>>
>>>>> >>> May I suggest hosting your code on Github, to make it easier for
>>>>> others
>>>>> >>> to suggest changes?
>>>>> >>>
>>>>> >>> Thanks,
>>>>> >>> Lyndsy Simon
>>>>> >>>
>>>>> >>>
>>>>> >>>
>>>>> >>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM, vivek poddar <
>>>>> vivekimsit@gmail.com>
>>>>> >>> wrote:
>>>>> >>>>
>>>>> >>>> Hi Guys!
>>>>> >>>>
>>>>> >>>> I am making a simple Budget manager in Flask. Since I am new to
>>>>> it so it
>>>>> >>>> will be a great learning experience for me. If anyone interested
>>>>> then please
>>>>> >>>> tell me.
>>>>> >>>>
>>>>> >>>> Thanks and Regards!
>>>>> >>>> --
>>>>> >>>>
>>>>> >>>>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>>>>> >>>>
>>>>> >>>>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
>>>>> >>>>
>>>>> >>>> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>>>>> >>>>
>>>>> >>>>
>>>>> >>>
>>>>> >> --
>>>>> >>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
>>>>> >> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>          -*- *Vivek Poddar* -*-
>  *Technical consultant (OpenERP)*
> *Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
> *

Gilbert Robinson
2012-08-07 @ 21:03
I'm still a novice when it comes to Flask/Web App development, but i'd like
to help out where I can, sounds like this will be a nice learning
experience.

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Joe Esposito <espo58@gmail.com> wrote:

> >  Sorry! This is the link
> As someone who *always* forgets to add the mentioned link or attachment,
> may I recommend Gmail's "Undo Send"? =)
> Gives you a few seconds to "undo" sending an email. Saved me so many times!
> Go to Gmail Settings, then the "Labs" tab to enable it.
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 2:26 PM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry!
>> This is the link:
>> ;)
>> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 11:56 PM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>wrote:
>>> Hi Folks!
>>> Here is my so called documentation of the project. Its my first try so
>>> feel free to suggest any changes. I know its only 20% of the documentation
>>> but I believe it will be great after some time and effort. According to me
>>> its going to be great learning experience for beginners and a cool
>>> mentoring experience for experienced ones.
>>>     Also feel free to contact me. I want to know exactly how many of us
>>> interested in this project. Everyone can contact me on skype.
>>> Cheers!!
>>> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM, Scott Woodstock <sidwoodstock@gmail.com
>>> > wrote:
>>>> How'd you end up joining this conversation?
>>>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 7:50 PM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>> Hi!
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks to all! it would be my pleasure to involve more learners like
>>>>> the project overview and share with everyone. I have already worked on it
>>>>> (about 30%-40%) but I want to rework it from scratch.
>>>>>
>>>>>      One more thing! can we make a team or something like that? So
>>>>> that we can know each other.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks and Regards!
>>>>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Fernando Nava <fnava621@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> I'd like to help as well, as much as I possible can.
>>>>>> Fernando
>>>>>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Filipe Cifali <
>>>>>> cifali.filipe@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>> > It would be possible for me to join this project? I would like to
>>>>>> use this
>>>>>> > opportunity to learn more about flask and development process
>>>>>> itself.
>>>>>> >
>>>>>> > I have some experience w/ flask / python, and I'm willing to learn!
>>>>>> >
>>>>>> > Regards,
>>>>>> >
>>>>>> > 2012/8/6 vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
>>>>>> >> Thanks!
>>>>>> >> Ok! for GItHub. But I would like that we both know what the
>>>>>> project is
>>>>>> >> before starting it. What do you say?
>>>>>> >> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Lyndsy Simon <
>>>>>> lyndsy@lyndsysimon.com>
>>>>>> >> wrote:
>>>>>> >>>
>>>>>> >>> I'm far from an expert, but I have a couple of Flask projects in
>>>>>> >>> production these days. I'd be happy to help you if you need it.
>>>>>> >>>
>>>>>> >>> May I suggest hosting your code on Github, to make it easier for
>>>>>> others
>>>>>> >>> to suggest changes?
>>>>>> >>>
>>>>>> >>> Thanks,
>>>>>> >>> Lyndsy Simon
>>>>>> >>>
>>>>>> >>>
>>>>>> >>>
>>>>>> >>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM, vivek poddar <
>>>>>> vivekimsit@gmail.com>
>>>>>> >>> wrote:
>>>>>> >>>>
>>>>>> >>>> Hi Guys!
>>>>>> >>>>
>>>>>> >>>> I am making a simple Budget manager in Flask. Since I am new to
>>>>>> it so it
>>>>>> >>>> will be a great learning experience for me. If anyone interested
>>>>>> then please
>>>>>> >>>> tell me.
>>>>>> >>>>
>>>>>> >>>> Thanks and Regards!
>>>>>> >>>> --
>>>>>> >>>>
>>>>>> >>>>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>>>>>> >>>>
>>>>>> >>>>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
>>>>>> >>>>
>>>>>> >>>> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>>>>>> >>>>
>>>>>> >>>>
>>>>>> >>>
>>>>>> >> --
>>>>>> >>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>>>>>> >>
>>>>>> >>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
>>>>>> >> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>>  *Technical consultant (OpenERP)*
>> *Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>> *

vivek poddar
2012-08-08 @ 04:55
Hi Anthony Nemitz!

I think you just read one of the mail in this thread and came to this
conclusion. Pls! think twice before commenting anything. What do you feel
about more than 20 people interested here? Just read the mails in this
thread properly and tell me what is not flask related here?

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 2:33 AM, Gilbert Robinson <grobins2@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm still a novice when it comes to Flask/Web App development, but i'd
> like to help out where I can, sounds like this will be a nice learning
> experience.
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Joe Esposito <espo58@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >  Sorry! This is the link
>> As someone who *always* forgets to add the mentioned link or attachment,
>> may I recommend Gmail's "Undo Send"? =)
>> Gives you a few seconds to "undo" sending an email. Saved me so many
>> times!
>> Go to Gmail Settings, then the "Labs" tab to enable it.
>> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 2:26 PM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>wrote:
>>> Sorry!
>>> This is the link:
>>> ;)
>>> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 11:56 PM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>> Hi Folks!
>>>>
>>>> Here is my so called documentation of the project. Its my first try so
>>>> feel free to suggest any changes. I know its only 20% of the documentation
>>>> but I believe it will be great after some time and effort. According to me
>>>> its going to be great learning experience for beginners and a cool
>>>> mentoring experience for experienced ones.
>>>>
>>>>     Also feel free to contact me. I want to know exactly how many of us
>>>> interested in this project. Everyone can contact me on skype.
>>>> Cheers!!
>>>> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM, Scott Woodstock <
>>>> sidwoodstock@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> How'd you end up joining this conversation?
>>>>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 7:50 PM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>>> Hi!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks to all! it would be my pleasure to involve more learners like
>>>>>> me. Experienced are also welcomed :) . So! Guys I will make a google doc of
>>>>>> (about 30%-40%) but I want to rework it from scratch.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>      One more thing! can we make a team or something like that? So
>>>>>> that we can know each other.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks and Regards!
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I'd like to help as well, as much as I possible can.
>>>>>>> Fernando
>>>>>>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Filipe Cifali <
>>>>>>> cifali.filipe@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>> > It would be possible for me to join this project? I would like to
>>>>>>> use this
>>>>>>> > opportunity to learn more about flask and development process
>>>>>>> itself.
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > I have some experience w/ flask / python, and I'm willing to learn!
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > Regards,
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > 2012/8/6 vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
>>>>>>> >> Thanks!
>>>>>>> >> Ok! for GItHub. But I would like that we both know what the
>>>>>>> project is
>>>>>>> >> before starting it. What do you say?
>>>>>>> >> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Lyndsy Simon <
>>>>>>> lyndsy@lyndsysimon.com>
>>>>>>> >> wrote:
>>>>>>> >>>
>>>>>>> >>> I'm far from an expert, but I have a couple of Flask projects in
>>>>>>> >>> production these days. I'd be happy to help you if you need it.
>>>>>>> >>>
>>>>>>> >>> May I suggest hosting your code on Github, to make it easier for
>>>>>>> others
>>>>>>> >>> to suggest changes?
>>>>>>> >>>
>>>>>>> >>> Thanks,
>>>>>>> >>> Lyndsy Simon
>>>>>>> >>>
>>>>>>> >>>
>>>>>>> >>>
>>>>>>> >>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM, vivek poddar <
>>>>>>> vivekimsit@gmail.com>
>>>>>>> >>> wrote:
>>>>>>> >>>>
>>>>>>> >>>> Hi Guys!
>>>>>>> >>>>
>>>>>>> >>>> I am making a simple Budget manager in Flask. Since I am new to
>>>>>>> it so it
>>>>>>> >>>> will be a great learning experience for me. If anyone
>>>>>>> interested then please
>>>>>>> >>>> tell me.
>>>>>>> >>>>
>>>>>>> >>>> Thanks and Regards!
>>>>>>> >>>> --
>>>>>>> >>>>
>>>>>>> >>>>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>>>>>>> >>>>
>>>>>>> >>>>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
>>>>>>> >>>>
>>>>>>> >>>> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>>>>>>> >>>>
>>>>>>> >>>>
>>>>>>> >>>
>>>>>>> >> --
>>>>>>> >>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>>>>>>> >>
>>>>>>> >>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
>>>>>>> >> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/

pronoyc@gmail.com
2012-08-08 @ 05:46
> Hi Anthony Nemitz!
> I think you just read one of the mail in this thread and came to this
> conclusion. Pls! think twice before commenting anything. What do you feel
> about more than 20 people interested here? Just read the mails in this
> thread properly and tell me what is not flask related here?

I am not sure what Anthony said, but as far as it being not related to
Flask, I feel he has a point. Isn't the mailing list primarily about
development rather than recruitment? I think if people want to join, you
should just create a group and discuss it directly there UNLESS there is
actual Flask development related questions. That just reduces the mess. But
of course if the mods think this is appropriate then who am I to say
anything.

Pronoy Chopra
http://blog.pronoy.in <http://www.pronoy.in/about>/

Spam Machine
2012-08-08 @ 05:59
Hi Flaskers

Who wants to build a timetable generator in Flask? I think it's a great
idea for a new project and I will make a google doc and spec out the
features and everyone who's interested on the list can collaborate.

Cheers,
Spam

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 10:46 PM, pronoyc@gmail.com <pronoyc@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Anthony Nemitz!
>> I think you just read one of the mail in this thread and came to this
>> conclusion. Pls! think twice before commenting anything. What do you feel
>> about more than 20 people interested here? Just read the mails in this
>> thread properly and tell me what is not flask related here?
> I am not sure what Anthony said, but as far as it being not related to
> Flask, I feel he has a point. Isn't the mailing list primarily about
> development rather than recruitment? I think if people want to join, you
> should just create a group and discuss it directly there UNLESS there is
> actual Flask development related questions. That just reduces the mess. But
> of course if the mods think this is appropriate then who am I to say
> anything.
> Pronoy Chopra
> http://blog.pronoy.in <http://www.pronoy.in/about>/
> http://www.twitter.com/pronoyc

vivek poddar
2012-08-08 @ 07:15
Hi!

I have no problem in making a different group but let me tell again that
its about development and not recruitment. Pls folks I want your opinion
about joining on Skype or IRC.

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Spam Machine <spammachine4@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Flaskers
> Who wants to build a timetable generator in Flask? I think it's a great
> idea for a new project and I will make a google doc and spec out the
> features and everyone who's interested on the list can collaborate.
> Cheers,
> Spam
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 10:46 PM, pronoyc@gmail.com <pronoyc@gmail.com>wrote:
>> Hi Anthony Nemitz!
>>> I think you just read one of the mail in this thread and came to this
>>> conclusion. Pls! think twice before commenting anything. What do you feel
>>> about more than 20 people interested here? Just read the mails in this
>>> thread properly and tell me what is not flask related here?
>> I am not sure what Anthony said, but as far as it being not related to
>> Flask, I feel he has a point. Isn't the mailing list primarily about
>> development rather than recruitment? I think if people want to join, you
>> should just create a group and discuss it directly there UNLESS there is
>> actual Flask development related questions. That just reduces the mess. But
>> of course if the mods think this is appropriate then who am I to say
>> anything.
>> Pronoy Chopra
>> http://blog.pronoy.in <http://www.pronoy.in/about>/
>> http://www.twitter.com/pronoyc

-*- *Vivek Poddar* -*-

*Technical consultant (OpenERP)*

*Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/

Ben Hughes
2012-08-08 @ 08:00
+1 for IRC
On Aug 8, 2012 8:15 AM, "vivek poddar" <vivekimsit@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> I have no problem in making a different group but let me tell again that
> its about development and not recruitment. Pls folks I want your opinion
> about joining on Skype or IRC.
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Spam Machine <spammachine4@gmail.com>wrote:
>> Hi Flaskers
>> Who wants to build a timetable generator in Flask? I think it's a great
>> idea for a new project and I will make a google doc and spec out the
>> features and everyone who's interested on the list can collaborate.
>> Cheers,
>> Spam
>> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 10:46 PM, pronoyc@gmail.com <pronoyc@gmail.com>wrote:
>>> Hi Anthony Nemitz!
>>>>
>>>> I think you just read one of the mail in this thread and came to this
>>>> conclusion. Pls! think twice before commenting anything. What do you feel
>>>> about more than 20 people interested here? Just read the mails in this
>>>> thread properly and tell me what is not flask related here?
>>> I am not sure what Anthony said, but as far as it being not related to
>>> Flask, I feel he has a point. Isn't the mailing list primarily about
>>> development rather than recruitment? I think if people want to join, you
>>> should just create a group and discuss it directly there UNLESS there is
>>> actual Flask development related questions. That just reduces the mess. But
>>> of course if the mods think this is appropriate then who am I to say
>>> anything.
>>> Pronoy Chopra
>>> http://blog.pronoy.in <http://www.pronoy.in/about>/
>>> http://www.twitter.com/pronoyc
>          -*- *Vivek Poddar* -*-
>  *Technical consultant (OpenERP)*
> *Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
> *

vivek poddar
2012-08-08 @ 08:52
I have kept it as Budget Manager! if someone has other names in mind then
pls suggest me :)

Thanks and Regards!

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Ben Hughes <bwghughes@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 for IRC
> On Aug 8, 2012 8:15 AM, "vivek poddar" <vivekimsit@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>> I have no problem in making a different group but let me tell again that
>> its about development and not recruitment. Pls folks I want your opinion
>> about joining on Skype or IRC.
>> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Spam Machine <spammachine4@gmail.com>wrote:
>>> Hi Flaskers
>>> Who wants to build a timetable generator in Flask? I think it's a great
>>> idea for a new project and I will make a google doc and spec out the
>>> features and everyone who's interested on the list can collaborate.
>>> Cheers,
>>> Spam
>>> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 10:46 PM, pronoyc@gmail.com <pronoyc@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>> Hi Anthony Nemitz!
>>>>>
>>>>> I think you just read one of the mail in this thread and came to this
>>>>> conclusion. Pls! think twice before commenting anything. What do you feel
>>>>> about more than 20 people interested here? Just read the mails in this
>>>>> thread properly and tell me what is not flask related here?
>>>>
>>>> I am not sure what Anthony said, but as far as it being not related to
>>>> Flask, I feel he has a point. Isn't the mailing list primarily about
>>>> development rather than recruitment? I think if people want to join, you
>>>> should just create a group and discuss it directly there UNLESS there is
>>>> actual Flask development related questions. That just reduces the mess. But
>>>> of course if the mods think this is appropriate then who am I to say
>>>> anything.
>>>> Pronoy Chopra
>>>> http://blog.pronoy.in <http://www.pronoy.in/about>/
>>>> http://www.twitter.com/pronoyc
>> --
>>          -*- *Vivek Poddar* -*-
>>  *Technical consultant (OpenERP)*
>> *Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>> *

-*- *Vivek Poddar* -*-

*Technical consultant (OpenERP)*

*Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/

Dmitry Medvinsky
2012-08-08 @ 07:27
> Pls folks I want your opinion about joining on Skype or IRC.

IRC.

It's pretty much standard in open source world. The conferences are open and
publicly loggable. Plus everyone has a choice of their favourite IRC client,
unlike a single proprietary piece of junk-software like Skype.

vivek poddar
2012-08-08 @ 07:35
Ok! agreed for IRC!

But I am pretty new to this so if anyone knows how to make a channel there
then pls let me know or any volunteer can create a new one :)

Thanks and Regards!

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Dmitry Medvinsky <dmedvinsky@gmail.com>wrote:

> > Pls folks I want your opinion about joining on Skype or IRC.
> IRC.
> It's pretty much standard in open source world. The conferences are open
> and
> publicly loggable. Plus everyone has a choice of their favourite IRC
> client,
> unlike a single proprietary piece of junk-software like Skype.

-*- *Vivek Poddar* -*-

*Technical consultant (OpenERP)*

*Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/

Dmitry Medvinsky
2012-08-08 @ 07:59
> But I am pretty new to this so if anyone knows how to make a channel there
> then pls let me know or any volunteer can create a new one :)

The first step of course is to choose the project name.

After that, the process is easy:

vivek poddar
2012-08-08 @ 04:57
Ok! we can do voting b/w IRC and skype. So guys tell your opinion :)

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 10:25 AM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Anthony Nemitz!
> I think you just read one of the mail in this thread and came to this
> conclusion. Pls! think twice before commenting anything. What do you feel
> about more than 20 people interested here? Just read the mails in this
> thread properly and tell me what is not flask related here?
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 2:33 AM, Gilbert Robinson <grobins2@gmail.com>wrote:
>> I'm still a novice when it comes to Flask/Web App development, but i'd
>> like to help out where I can, sounds like this will be a nice learning
>> experience.
>> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Joe Esposito <espo58@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> >  Sorry! This is the link
>>> As someone who *always* forgets to add the mentioned link or
>>> attachment, may I recommend Gmail's "Undo Send"? =)
>>> Gives you a few seconds to "undo" sending an email. Saved me so many
>>> times!
>>> Go to Gmail Settings, then the "Labs" tab to enable it.
>>> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 2:26 PM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>> Sorry!
>>>> This is the link:
>>>> ;)
>>>> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 11:56 PM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>> Hi Folks!
>>>>>
>>>>> Here is my so called documentation of the project. Its my first try so
>>>>> feel free to suggest any changes. I know its only 20% of the documentation
>>>>> but I believe it will be great after some time and effort. According to me
>>>>> its going to be great learning experience for beginners and a cool
>>>>> mentoring experience for experienced ones.
>>>>>
>>>>>     Also feel free to contact me. I want to know exactly how many of
>>>>> us interested in this project. Everyone can contact me on skype.
>>>>> Cheers!!
>>>>> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM, Scott Woodstock <
>>>>> sidwoodstock@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> How'd you end up joining this conversation?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 7:50 PM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>>>> Hi!
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Thanks to all! it would be my pleasure to involve more learners like
>>>>>>> me. Experienced are also welcomed :) . So! Guys I will make a
google doc of
>>>>>>> the project overview and share with everyone. I have already worked on it
>>>>>>> (about 30%-40%) but I want to rework it from scratch.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>      One more thing! can we make a team or something like that? So
>>>>>>> that we can know each other.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Thanks and Regards!
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Fernando Nava <fnava621@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I'd like to help as well, as much as I possible can.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Fernando
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Filipe Cifali <
>>>>>>>> cifali.filipe@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>> > It would be possible for me to join this project? I would like to
>>>>>>>> use this
>>>>>>>> > opportunity to learn more about flask and development process
>>>>>>>> itself.
>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>> > I have some experience w/ flask / python, and I'm willing to
>>>>>>>> learn!
>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>> > Regards,
>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>> > 2012/8/6 vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
>>>>>>>> >> Thanks!
>>>>>>>> >> Ok! for GItHub. But I would like that we both know what the
>>>>>>>> project is
>>>>>>>> >> before starting it. What do you say?
>>>>>>>> >> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Lyndsy Simon <
>>>>>>>> lyndsy@lyndsysimon.com>
>>>>>>>> >> wrote:
>>>>>>>> >>>
>>>>>>>> >>> I'm far from an expert, but I have a couple of Flask projects in
>>>>>>>> >>> production these days. I'd be happy to help you if you need it.
>>>>>>>> >>>
>>>>>>>> >>> May I suggest hosting your code on Github, to make it easier
>>>>>>>> for others
>>>>>>>> >>> to suggest changes?
>>>>>>>> >>>
>>>>>>>> >>> Thanks,
>>>>>>>> >>> Lyndsy Simon
>>>>>>>> >>>
>>>>>>>> >>>
>>>>>>>> >>>
>>>>>>>> >>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM, vivek poddar <
>>>>>>>> vivekimsit@gmail.com>
>>>>>>>> >>> wrote:
>>>>>>>> >>>>
>>>>>>>> >>>> Hi Guys!
>>>>>>>> >>>>
>>>>>>>> >>>> I am making a simple Budget manager in Flask. Since I am new
>>>>>>>> to it so it
>>>>>>>> >>>> will be a great learning experience for me. If anyone
>>>>>>>> interested then please
>>>>>>>> >>>> tell me.
>>>>>>>> >>>>
>>>>>>>> >>>> Thanks and Regards!
>>>>>>>> >>>> --
>>>>>>>> >>>>
>>>>>>>> >>>>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>>>>>>>> >>>>
>>>>>>>> >>>>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
>>>>>>>> >>>>
>>>>>>>> >>>> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>>>>>>>> >>>>
>>>>>>>> >>>>
>>>>>>>> >>>
>>>>>>>> >> --
>>>>>>>> >>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>>>>>>>> >>
>>>>>>>> >>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
>>>>>>>> >> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/

-*- *Vivek Poddar* -*-

*Technical consultant (OpenERP)*

*Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/

Akshay Philar
2012-08-08 @ 05:16
Vivek,

Best to create a new group as someone suggested and let this
discussion continue there.  Post the details of the group here so that
all and sundry interested in this endeavor can join you.

All the best.

R, a

On 8 Aug 2012, at 10:25, vivek poddar wrote:

> Hi Anthony Nemitz!
> I think you just read one of the mail in this thread and came to
> this conclusion. Pls! think twice before commenting anything. What
> do you feel about more than 20 people interested here? Just read the
> mails in this thread properly and tell me what is not flask related
> here?
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 2:33 AM, Gilbert Robinson
> <grobins2@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm still a novice when it comes to Flask/Web App development, but
> i'd like to help out where I can, sounds like this will be a nice
> learning experience.
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Joe Esposito <espo58@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  Sorry! This is the link
> As someone who always forgets to add the mentioned link or
> attachment, may I recommend Gmail's "Undo Send"? =)
> Gives you a few seconds to "undo" sending an email. Saved me so many
> times!
> Go to Gmail Settings, then the "Labs" tab to enable it.
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 2:26 PM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> Sorry!
> This is the link:
> ;)
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 11:56 PM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> Hi Folks!
> Here is my so called documentation of the project. Its my first try
> so feel free to suggest any changes. I know its only 20% of the
> documentation but I believe it will be great after some time and
> effort. According to me its going to be great learning experience
> for beginners and a cool mentoring experience for experienced ones.
>     Also feel free to contact me. I want to know exactly how many of
> us interested in this project. Everyone can contact me on skype.
> Cheers!!
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM, Scott Woodstock <sidwoodstock@gmail.com
> > wrote:
> How'd you end up joining this conversation?
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 7:50 PM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> Hi!
> Thanks to all! it would be my pleasure to involve more learners like
> me. Experienced are also welcomed :) . So! Guys I will make a google
> doc of the project overview and share with everyone. I have already
> worked on it (about 30%-40%) but I want to rework it from scratch.
>      One more thing! can we make a team or something like that? So
> that we can know each other.
> Thanks and Regards!
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Fernando Nava <fnava621@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> I'd like to help as well, as much as I possible can.
> Fernando
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Filipe Cifali <cifali.filipe@gmail.com
> > wrote:
> > It would be possible for me to join this project? I would like to
> use this
> > opportunity to learn more about flask and development process
> itself.
> > I have some experience w/ flask / python, and I'm willing to learn!
> > Regards,
> > 2012/8/6 vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
> >> Thanks!
> >> Ok! for GItHub. But I would like that we both know what the
> project is
> >> before starting it. What do you say?
> >> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Lyndsy Simon <lyndsy@lyndsysimon.com
> >> wrote:
> >>> I'm far from an expert, but I have a couple of Flask projects in
> >>> production these days. I'd be happy to help you if you need it.
> >>> May I suggest hosting your code on Github, to make it easier for
> others
> >>> to suggest changes?
> >>> Thanks,
> >>> Lyndsy Simon
> >>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com
> >>> wrote:
> >>>> Hi Guys!
> >>>> I am making a simple Budget manager in Flask. Since I am new to
> it so it
> >>>> will be a great learning experience for me. If anyone
> interested then please
> >>>> tell me.
> >>>>
> >>>> Thanks and Regards!
> >>>> --
> >>>>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
> >>>>
> >>>>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
> >>>> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
> >> --
> >>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
> >>
> >>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
> >> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
> > --
> > []'s
> > Filipe Cifali Stangler
>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/

Live Flex
2012-08-07 @ 08:30
Count me in also.

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 3:50 AM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> Thanks to all! it would be my pleasure to involve more learners like me.
> Experienced are also welcomed :) . So! Guys I will make a google doc of the
> project overview and share with everyone. I have already worked on it
> (about 30%-40%) but I want to rework it from scratch.
>      One more thing! can we make a team or something like that? So that we
> can know each other.
> Thanks and Regards!
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Fernando Nava <fnava621@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to help as well, as much as I possible can.
>> Fernando
>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Filipe Cifali <cifali.filipe@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > It would be possible for me to join this project? I would like to use
>> this
>> > opportunity to learn more about flask and development process itself.
>> >
>> > I have some experience w/ flask / python, and I'm willing to learn!
>> > Regards,
>> > 2012/8/6 vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
>> >> Thanks!
>> >> Ok! for GItHub. But I would like that we both know what the project is
>> >> before starting it. What do you say?
>> >> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Lyndsy Simon <lyndsy@lyndsysimon.com>
>> >> wrote:
>> >>> I'm far from an expert, but I have a couple of Flask projects in
>> >>> production these days. I'd be happy to help you if you need it.
>> >>> May I suggest hosting your code on Github, to make it easier for
>> others
>> >>> to suggest changes?
>> >>> Thanks,
>> >>> Lyndsy Simon
>> >>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
>> >>> wrote:
>> >>>> Hi Guys!
>> >>>> I am making a simple Budget manager in Flask. Since I am new to it
>> so it
>> >>>> will be a great learning experience for me. If anyone interested
>> then please
>> >>>> tell me.
>> >>>>
>> >>>> Thanks and Regards!
>> >>>> --
>> >>>>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>> >>>>
>> >>>>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
>> >>>> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>> >> --
>> >>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>> >>
>> >>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
>> >> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>> > --
>> > []'s
>> > Filipe Cifali Stangler
>          -*- *Vivek Poddar* -*-
>  *Technical consultant (OpenERP)*
> *Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
> *

Ben Hughes
2012-08-07 @ 18:27
Me too although I d go for IRC - it's more reliable than Skype......
On Aug 7, 2012 9:30 AM, "Live Flex" <liveflex8@gmail.com> wrote:

> Count me in also.
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 3:50 AM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>> Thanks to all! it would be my pleasure to involve more learners like me.
>> Experienced are also welcomed :) . So! Guys I will make a google doc of the
>> project overview and share with everyone. I have already worked on it
>> (about 30%-40%) but I want to rework it from scratch.
>>      One more thing! can we make a team or something like that? So that
>> we can know each other.
>> Thanks and Regards!
>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Fernando Nava <fnava621@gmail.com>wrote:
>>> I'd like to help as well, as much as I possible can.
>>> Fernando
>>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Filipe Cifali <cifali.filipe@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>> > It would be possible for me to join this project? I would like to use
>>> this
>>> > opportunity to learn more about flask and development process itself.
>>> >
>>> > I have some experience w/ flask / python, and I'm willing to learn!
>>> > Regards,
>>> > 2012/8/6 vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
>>> >> Thanks!
>>> >> Ok! for GItHub. But I would like that we both know what the project is
>>> >> before starting it. What do you say?
>>> >> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Lyndsy Simon <lyndsy@lyndsysimon.com
>>> >> wrote:
>>> >>> I'm far from an expert, but I have a couple of Flask projects in
>>> >>> production these days. I'd be happy to help you if you need it.
>>> >>> May I suggest hosting your code on Github, to make it easier for
>>> others
>>> >>> to suggest changes?
>>> >>> Thanks,
>>> >>> Lyndsy Simon
>>> >>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM, vivek poddar <vivekimsit@gmail.com>
>>> >>> wrote:
>>> >>>> Hi Guys!
>>> >>>> I am making a simple Budget manager in Flask. Since I am new to it
>>> so it
>>> >>>> will be a great learning experience for me. If anyone interested
>>> then please
>>> >>>> tell me.
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> Thanks and Regards!
>>> >>>> --
>>> >>>>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
>>> >>>> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/
>>> >> --
>>> >>          -*- Vivek Poddar -*-
>>> >>
>>> >>  Technical consultant (OpenERP)
>>> >> Blog:http://vivekimsit.blogspot.in/