librelist archives

« back to archive

Falcon and oAuth

Falcon and oAuth

From:
Adam Estrada
Date:
2015-09-28 @ 13:56
Does anyone have an example or some tips on how to integrate oAuth in to Falcon?

Thanks!
Adam

Re: [falcon] Falcon and oAuth

From:
Michał Jaworski
Date:
2015-09-28 @ 16:19
OAuth 1.0a or 2.0? For the 1.0a version there is talons extension called
talons-oauth (https://github.com/talons/talons-oauth). It is based on
oauthlib.

I does not support 2.0 because there was no such interest from community
yet. Still it should be easy to extend this to 2.0 version because package
structure was built with that in mind.

falcon-oauth is quite old and I did not test it with latest falcon releases
but I don't think anything should be broken. I think it should benefit a
lot from new falcon versions. If there will be such interest I can try to
improve this package.

2015-09-28 15:56 GMT+02:00 Adam Estrada <estrada.adam@gmail.com>:

> Does anyone have an example or some tips on how to integrate oAuth in to
> Falcon?
>
> Thanks!
> Adam
>

Re: [falcon] Falcon and oAuth

From:
Oscar Carballal
Date:
2015-09-29 @ 06:41
You can take a look at my project. Talons for me was a bit annoying to use
so I implemented it from scratch:
https://github.com/clione/sikre/tree/master/sikre/resources/auth

Not all the connectors are finished, but Facebook, Google, Github and
Twitter are working :)

Hope it helps you

Regards,
Oscar

--
Oscar Carballal Prego
http://oscarcp.com | @pizte

On 28 September 2015 at 17:19, Michał Jaworski <swistakm@gmail.com> wrote:

> OAuth 1.0a or 2.0? For the 1.0a version there is talons extension called
> talons-oauth (https://github.com/talons/talons-oauth). It is based on
> oauthlib.
>
> I does not support 2.0 because there was no such interest from community
> yet. Still it should be easy to extend this to 2.0 version because package
> structure was built with that in mind.
>
> falcon-oauth is quite old and I did not test it with latest falcon
> releases but I don't think anything should be broken. I think it should
> benefit a lot from new falcon versions. If there will be such interest I
> can try to improve this package.
>
> 2015-09-28 15:56 GMT+02:00 Adam Estrada <estrada.adam@gmail.com>:
>
>> Does anyone have an example or some tips on how to integrate oAuth in to
>> Falcon?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Adam
>>
>
>

Re: [falcon] Falcon and oAuth

From:
Adam Estrada
Date:
2015-09-29 @ 09:35
Thanks all! This is definitely helpful...we will take a look today.

A

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 29, 2015, at 2:41 AM, Oscar Carballal <oscar.carballal@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> You can take a look at my project. Talons for me was a bit annoying to 
use so I implemented it from scratch: 
https://github.com/clione/sikre/tree/master/sikre/resources/auth
> 
> Not all the connectors are finished, but Facebook, Google, Github and 
Twitter are working :)
> 
> Hope it helps you
> 
> Regards,
> Oscar
> 
> --
> Oscar Carballal Prego
> http://oscarcp.com | @pizte
> 
>> On 28 September 2015 at 17:19, Michał Jaworski <swistakm@gmail.com> wrote:
>> OAuth 1.0a or 2.0? For the 1.0a version there is talons extension 
called talons-oauth (https://github.com/talons/talons-oauth). It is based 
on oauthlib.
>> 
>> I does not support 2.0 because there was no such interest from 
community yet. Still it should be easy to extend this to 2.0 version 
because package structure was built with that in mind. 
>> 
>> falcon-oauth is quite old and I did not test it with latest falcon 
releases but I don't think anything should be broken. I think it should 
benefit a lot from new falcon versions. If there will be such interest I 
can try to improv e this package.
>> 
>> 2015-09-28 15:56 GMT+02:00 Adam Estrada <estrada.adam@gmail.com>:
>>> Does anyone have an example or some tips on how to integrate oAuth in 
to Falcon?
>>> 
>>> Thanks!
>>> Adam
>