ConverseJS : Prebind related query

ConverseJS : Prebind related query

Gauri Padbidri
2015-03-31 @ 14:01
Hi JC,

I want to be able to ENABLE "Single Session Support" for my website. We want
a user to automatically be logged in to chat when they log in to our
website, and we want their chat session to persist across page loads.
However, I have following queries :

1.       Do we need ANY Ejabberd Server Side settings for ENABLING prebind
module ?

2.       Also, any guidelines on STEPS to follow while implementing prebind
can be a good kick start !

Please suggest me. Thanks !

Best Regards,

Gauri Padbidri

Re: [conversejs] ConverseJS : Prebind related query

Jc Brand
2015-03-31 @ 14:59
On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 07:31:27PM +0530, Gauri Padbidri wrote:
>    I want to be able to ENABLE “Single Session Support” for my website. We
>    want a user to automatically be logged in to chat when they log in to our
>    website, and we want their chat session to persist across page loads.
>    However, I have following queries :
>    1. Do we need ANY Ejabberd Server Side settings for ENABLING prebind module?

Your XMPP server needs to support BOSH or you need a standalone BOSH server.

You will also need some code in your web application to create a BOSH session
and return the jid, rid and sid tokens to converse.js.

This code needs to be accessible via a URL and you can then set the prebind_url
option to this URL so that converse.js can automatically call it when it needs
to set up a new BOSH session.

>    2. Also, any guidelines on STEPS to follow while implementing prebind
can be a good kick start!

Re: [conversejs] ConverseJS : Prebind related query

Gauri Padbidri
2015-03-31 @ 19:05
Hi JC,

Thanks for your response. I thought so. :) Can you point me to any
pre-implemented code / guidelines which would need less code tweaks that
return me JID, SID and RID instead of implementing them from scratch,
which I can then expose through some URL and set to the prebind_url ?

Best Regards,
Gauri Padbidri

-----Original Message-----
From: conversejs@librelist.com [mailto:conversejs@librelist.com] On Behalf
Of JC Brand
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 8:29 PM
To: conversejs@librelist.com
Subject: Re: [conversejs] ConverseJS : Prebind related query

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 07:31:27PM +0530, Gauri Padbidri wrote:
>    I want to be able to ENABLE “Single Session Support” for my website. We
>    want a user to automatically be logged in to chat when they log in to our
>    website, and we want their chat session to persist across page loads.
>    However, I have following queries :

Your XMPP server needs to support BOSH or you need a standalone BOSH server.

You will also need some code in your web application to create a BOSH
session and return the jid, rid and sid tokens to converse.js.

This code needs to be accessible via a URL and you can then set the
prebind_url option to this URL so that converse.js can automatically call
it when it needs to set up a new BOSH session.

>    2. Also, any guidelines on STEPS to follow while implementing prebind
can be a good kick start!

Re: [conversejs] ConverseJS : Prebind related query

Jc Brand
2015-03-31 @ 19:08
The conversejs docs I linked to has links to a prebind implementation in
PHP and Python.

On 31 Maart 2015 9:05:45 nm. CEST, Gauri Padbidri
<gpadbidri@genius-minds.com> wrote:
>Hi JC,
>	Thanks for your response. I thought so. :) Can you point me to any
>pre-implemented code / guidelines which would need less code tweaks
>that return me JID, SID and RID instead of implementing them from
>scratch, which I can then expose through some URL and set to the
>prebind_url ?
>Best Regards,
>Gauri Padbidri
>-----Original Message-----
>From: conversejs@librelist.com [mailto:conversejs@librelist.com] On
>Behalf Of JC Brand
>Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 8:29 PM
>To: conversejs@librelist.com
>Subject: Re: [conversejs] ConverseJS : Prebind related query
>On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 07:31:27PM +0530, Gauri Padbidri wrote:
>>    I want to be able to ENABLE “Single Session Support” for my
>website. We
>>    want a user to automatically be logged in to chat when they log in
>to our
>>    website, and we want their chat session to persist across page
>loads.
>>    However, I have following queries :
>>    1. Do we need ANY Ejabberd Server Side settings for ENABLING
>prebind module?
>Your XMPP server needs to support BOSH or you need a standalone BOSH
>server.
>You will also need some code in your web application to create a BOSH
>session and return the jid, rid and sid tokens to converse.js.
>This code needs to be accessible via a URL and you can then set the
>prebind_url option to this URL so that converse.js can automatically
>call it when it needs to set up a new BOSH session.
>>    2. Also, any guidelines on STEPS to follow while implementing
>prebind can be a good kick start!
>https://conversejs.org/docs/html/setup.html#single-session-support
>https://conversejs.org/docs/html/configuration.html#prebind

Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android-Mobiltelefon mit K-9 Mail gesendet.