librelist archives

« back to archive

ReferenceError: instructions is not defined

ReferenceError: instructions is not defined

From:
David Gibbs
Date:
2014-12-03 @ 16:02
Folks:

I just started playing with this chat client and am very impressed.

I have, however, run into an issue.

If I click on the tool icon on a MUC windows, all I see is "Room 
configuration" and the rest of the panel is blank.

In the firebug console, I see the following error:

4 error: function (e){i&&s.deleteTimedHandler(i);var 
r=e.getAttribute("type");if(r=="result")t&&t(e);else{if(r!="error")throw{name:"StropheError",message:"Got
bad IQ type of "+r};n&&n(e)}} 
https://qtemp.net/chat/builds/converse.website.min.js:402 - 
ReferenceError: instructions is not defined

Any suggestions?

I'm using Openfire 3.9.3 as my chat server.

Thanks!

david

-- 
IBM i on Power Systems: For when you can't afford to be out of business!

I'm riding a metric century (100 km / 62 miles) in the 2015 American 
Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure to raise money for diabetes research, 
education, advocacy, and awareness.  You can make a tax deductible 
donation to my ride by visiting http://email.diabetessucks.net.  My goal 
is $5500 but any amount is appreciated.

See where I get my donations from ... visit 
http://email.diabetessucks.net/mapdonations.php for an interactive map 
(it's a geeky thing).

Re: [conversejs] ReferenceError: instructions is not defined

From:
Jc Brand
Date:
2014-12-04 @ 20:25
Hi David

Looks like Converse.js expected the configuration form to have an 
"instructions" element which is not there.

Please set debug to true and then take a look at your browser console when
you click the tool icon.

You'll see the XML stanza received from the XMPP server in the console.

Please send me this XML stanza and I'll fix the bug.

JC



On 03 Desember 2014 5:02:44 nm. CET, David Gibbs <david@midrange.com> wrote:
>Folks:
>
>I just started playing with this chat client and am very impressed.
>
>I have, however, run into an issue.
>
>If I click on the tool icon on a MUC windows, all I see is "Room
>configuration" and the rest of the panel is blank.
>
>In the firebug console, I see the following error:
>
>4 error: function (e){i&&s.deleteTimedHandler(i);var

>r=e.getAttribute("type");if(r=="result")t&&t(e);else{if(r!="error")throw{name:"StropheError",message:"Got
>bad IQ type of "+r};n&&n(e)}}
>https://qtemp.net/chat/builds/converse.website.min.js:402 -
>ReferenceError: instructions is not defined
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>I'm using Openfire 3.9.3 as my chat server.
>
>Thanks!
>
>david
>
>-- 
>IBM i on Power Systems: For when you can't afford to be out of
>business!
>
>I'm riding a metric century (100 km / 62 miles) in the 2015 American
>Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure to raise money for diabetes
>research, education, advocacy, and awareness.  You can make a tax
>deductible donation to my ride by visiting
>http://email.diabetessucks.net.  My goal is $5500 but any amount is
>appreciated.
>
>See where I get my donations from ... visit
>http://email.diabetessucks.net/mapdonations.php for an interactive map
>(it's a geeky thing).

-- 
Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android-Mobiltelefon mit K-9 Mail gesendet.

Re: [conversejs] ReferenceError: instructions is not defined

From:
Jc Brand
Date:
2014-12-08 @ 09:56
I found and fixed the bug and made a new 0.8.6 release over the weekend.


On Thu, Dec 04, 2014 at 09:25:51PM +0100, JC Brand wrote:
>    Hi David
> 
>    Looks like Converse.js expected the configuration form to have an
>    "instructions" element which is not there.
> 
>    Please set debug to true and then take a look at your browser console when
>    you click the tool icon.
> 
>    You'll see the XML stanza received from the XMPP server in the console.
> 
>    Please send me this XML stanza and I'll fix the bug.
> 
>    JC
> 
>    On 03 Desember 2014 5:02:44 nm. CET, David Gibbs <david@midrange.com>
>    wrote:
> 
>  Folks:
> 
>  I just started playing with this chat client and am very impressed.
> 
>  I have, however, run into an issue.
> 
>  If I click on the tool icon on a MUC windows, all I see is "Room 
configuration" and the rest of the panel is blank.
> 
>  In the firebug console, I see the following error:
> 
>  4 error: function (e){i&&s.deleteTimedHandler(i);var 
r=e.getAttribute("type");if(r=="result")t&&t(e);else{if(r!="error")throw{name:"StropheError",message:"Got
bad IQ type of "+r};n&&n(e)}} 
[1]https://qtemp.net/chat/builds/converse.website.min.js:402 - 
ReferenceError: instructions is not defined
> 
>  Any suggestions?
> 
>  I'm using Openfire 3.9.3 as my chat server.
> 
>  Thanks!
> 
>  david
> 
>    --
>    Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android-Mobiltelefon mit K-9 Mail
>    gesendet.
> 
> References
> 
>    Visible links
>    1. https://qtemp.net/chat/builds/converse.website.min.js:402